Details on 2014 690 enduro r?

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by BigTony, Jul 3, 2013.

1. ttime4four

ttime4four Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had the EVO1 mapping installed and will need to change my airbox lid. [/QUOTE]

What is the code for the evo1 map?

My dealer is new and if i can get the code to use i can just tell them to load that map.
    I asked for the evo1 map and he didn't know what i was talking about.[/QUOTE]

Try this one.
    KM7J5EU14E0331

I have it installed on my '14.
  2. thetrooper08

thetrooper08 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome! Thats what i need!
    And this is a Dealer map?
    Ive got a leo vince pipe and open air box. Is this map good for my setup?
  3. ba_

ba_ Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's correct

"Additionally the ABS Power Cable, which connects to the battery + terminal, may not have a red color wrapping to indicate that it is the power supply cable."

Here's the bulletin:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8122786/07_14_252_US_teb_EN.pdf
  4. al803

al803 Tenere700

Oddometer:
    fellow 2014 690 enduro r owners, please enlighten me on the following. What is the seat height at standing position of the bike? Is it 35.8 or 38 inches? I watched a youtube video and the measurement showed 38 inches. KTM stats say 91cm (35.8in) but do not clarify is this 35.8 with the rider on or off the bike?
    Thank you in advance.
  5. deersSlayer

deersSlayer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    35.8 unladen. I've not measured one, but if is was 38 I couldn't sit on it!
  6. webbiker

webbiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  7. al803

al803 Tenere700

Oddometer:
    Thank you for your post but it's a bit puzzling because in the official ktm page it says 91cm (seat height unloaded), check here.

could it be that seat height changes depending the country?
  8. webbiker

webbiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Could be, but the local model should be 91cm too so that doesn't explain it.
    My measurements are far from scientifically accurate, but I would say the loaded / unloaded difference is pretty accurate.

Also, The seat height varies greatly depending on where you measure it

Just standing next to the bike makes the height look impossible
    [​IMG]

Not so bad once you climb on board
    [​IMG]
  9. al803

al803 Tenere700

Oddometer:
    I think all seat height measurements refer to the lowest point of the seat surface. I checked the photos but judging from my own experience on the G650GS (78cm seat height) and from what I see in the photos it is hard to believe that the 1.73cm rider is sitting on a 95cm high seat...I am 1.73cm as well and I could not flat foot on the G650GS. The only explanation I could find is that the stock preload adjustment is way on the softest side and the bike sinks well below the 91 mark.

The problem is that the nearest 690 enduro r to me is about 700kms away so I have to sort it out. No point going there just to find out I can't touch the ground while standing on the bike.

Alternatives are the koubalink and this link. Has anyone tried the second link?
  10. deersSlayer

deersSlayer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't go by height, go by inseam. I'm 5' 7", with 30" inseam (170 cm, 76 cm inseam.) I can get both toes down, but my ankles are less bent than webbiker's. I'll need to be careful where I stop, keep my toes out of 'divots.' :muutt
  11. al803

al803 Tenere700

Oddometer:
    My inseam is about 31.5". If the seat height is 91cm (unloaded) then with a lowering kit like this it is manageable. If it is 95cm I may have to give up.
  12. Scott_PDX

Scott_PDX Leisure Engineer

Oddometer:
    Portland...the newer one on the left side.
    29" inseam here, even with a heavier spring it's not a problem. Okay turning around an getting off on side hills can be an issue occasionally, but comes with the territory.
  13. THop

THop Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey just wondering if anyone can tell me what cables this is. Im thinking i may have mine backwards but not sure. There is one cable that comes from the main wiring harness just behind where the ecu plug is, is that wire supposed to connect to the positive or the negative terminal on the battery? If anyone can take a pic of there wiring routing for me would be great just to make sure i haven't got this backwards
  14. al803

al803 Tenere700

Oddometer:
    Thanks, scott. Unfortunately my only bike experience is about 5000kms on the G650GS I had. and I live in a town that has too many tarmac downhills/uphills with extreme grade and elevation sometimes. So the lowering kit will be a must until I get enough confidence to deal with the high seat. I found a very good deal (KTM 690 2014 @ 2/3 of the initial price) so I decided to go for it after I failed to get a BMW Xchallenge. After all as I looked into the matter more I figured out that the Xchallenge was a KTM 690 enduro wannabe. So why not go for the original stuff? Let's wait and see how things pan out...
  15. Simonhantler

Simonhantler waiheke simon

Oddometer:
    Seat hieght
    I've got 14 690 and Im 5.9" or 1.75. It's to tall, not sure why an adv needs that much travel. Ktm should sell a lower kit but anyway I put kouba link on the one that makes it lowest and noticed an improvement. I've laso put russell sport seat on which made me sit higher again so I trimmed some off from the front of seat so I have a low spot but still really comfy seat when I sit back.
    It pisses me off these bikes are so high.
  16. Scott_PDX

Oddometer:
    Anybody have a foam air filter solution for a 2014 that allows me to keep the stock snorkle (and map) and that I can actually order?

The AUSSIE UNI filter looks ideal, but can't find it anywhere and their stupid ordering website doesn't seem to work when you choose to have it shipped to USA. Don't want to use the USA UNI FILTER as I've heard enough stories about it not working with the 14+, that I don't want to risk it.
  17. sethc06

sethc06 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What's the story with the USA Uni? There's a ton of 2014+ 690's running these, what have you heard?
  18. Dan950ser

Dan950ser Two Wheeled Addict

Oddometer:
    I ordered the filter from touratech and received the new squared version of the Aussie unit. Tomorrow I will finish breaking it in and slap that and the new wings on. Then take it to the shop for a new tune.
  19. Scott_PDX

Oddometer:
    You don't have the part number do you? I don't see it on their online catalog.

Uni-USA says their filter doesn't fit the 2014+. I heard it bottoms out on the bottom of the shallower airbox and can keep it from seating all the way. May or may not be an issue-don't now, but if there is a better solution I'd like to know. I'd really like the Aussie one instead.
  20. moto74

moto74 displaced

Oddometer:
    Read Jack's review on KTM Twins - he seems happy with it after a small mod. I haven't done it or seen it myself though.

http://www.ktmtwins.com/uni-ktm-690-enduro-smc-air-filter