Details on 2014 690 enduro r?

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by BigTony, Jul 3, 2013.

1. itnanti

itnanti aka "cautious cotta"

Oddometer:

Just ordered a couple of more from the aussie site this morning on my phone. 75$ for two shipped to Lynnwood Wa.
  2. ChuckHazzard

ChuckHazzard Registered Lurker

Oddometer:
    The corn state,11 curves in 318 miles (Iafalls IA)
    I just ordered one from them as well.

$42 bucks USD shipped if the conversion rate is correct.

Over $100 USD from touratech!?!

(Which is on back order anyway)

:hide
  3. xathor

xathor Not actually Gnarly

Oddometer:
    You know, when I replaced the battery I spent like five minutes staring at this cable that I swore I got off the positive side but I connected to the ground because it was black...

Does that mean that we could put a large amp relay in line with that cable and turn ABS on and off with the flick of a button?

I'll swap cables when I get home and see if it fixes my issue.
  4. ttime4four

ttime4four JZ

Oddometer:
    690 Enduro 08-15 AU 1417

I got mine directly from Australia - easy. Just select the country / state and you are good to go. And yes - the US version bottoms out on the '14+ because the airbox is smaller to accommodate the ABS brain. It would also be incrementally harder to clean vs the AUS version. I had the US filter but returned it.

[​IMG]
  5. ChuckHazzard

ChuckHazzard Registered Lurker

Oddometer:
    The corn state,11 curves in 318 miles (Iafalls IA)

Yep. That's what mine looked like an hour ago.

Ordered it the same.

I can't believe the U.S. Dollar is worth more than another country. :deal
  6. sweetlou

sweetlou small body, big balls

Oddometer:
    Do you need a new map with the unifilter and stock air box?
  7. itnanti

Oddometer:

I dont think so since you are still using the cover.

I run a wings with this filter and didn't remap, not sure if I should or not.
  8. Dan950ser

Dan950ser Two Wheeled Addict

Oddometer:
    I'm going to do a new map regardless. A new open exhaust with the European map is supposed to help a bit.
  9. moto74

moto74 displaced

Oddometer:
    I looked at the Aussie Uni Filter site a while back, and the # 1417 said "690 Enduro 08-11" (or 10 or 12, can't remember), I see it's now "690 Enduro 08-15". So they're saying it fits the ABS models. Have just ordered one, and picked up some 'No Toil' rim grease locally. Will see soon enough if it drops straight in.
  10. sethc06

sethc06 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can somebody with the Aussie Uni go through the process of getting them air tight? Any grinding of the air box lid? Cutting down the foam lip of the Uni? Or just drop in and apply some grease?

Pics?
  11. ttime4four

ttime4four JZ

Oddometer:
    For the AU Unit, I don't have any pics handy, but I did do the airbox "edge squeeze cleanup" that was discussed here. This is where the slop of plastic squeezes out in the corners/edges. Involves taking the airbox out but no modification. Dremel, file or exacto knife are suitable. From here mine just dropped in - no drama - added some grease for a better seal and done.

With the US Uni, I was fighting it to go in.
  12. sethc06

sethc06 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome, I went ahead and donated my US Uni that was still in the packaging to a pre 2014.

So basically, disassemble the airbox, and clean it up to the standards that any other motorcycle company would have shipped it with, then adding some grease to the top surface of the Uni after dropping it in?

My 2015 comes in a couple of weeks, but I'm trying to get my parts lined out in the garage before hand, exhaust, seat, and all the other goodies are waiting, but the filter/airbox was my main priority.
  13. seeking

seeking Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi, I went and started my bike last week after it's three month hybernation period in a heated garage. The bike had a little trouble starting but I expected that, what i didn't expect is that the front brake feels like the clutch! I can pull it all the way to the grip and it only brakes a little, do i just have to bleed it? If it helps it was in a heated garage and off its wheels on a jack stand, oh and I tried pumping it for like 5 minutes and nothing changed.

:freaky
  14. Capt CF

Capt CF Pontificating Nobody

Oddometer:
    That's definitely where I would start.
  15. Beeners

Beeners Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This one has me stumped. I've noticed that whenever I ride my 2014 690 Enduro R, my right foot and lower pant leg gets a spray of some dark residue on it. It happens even when riding on-road. The left side does not get this residue.

I don't see anywhere on the bike that seems to be spraying anything out.

Has anyone else noticed a residue spraying on their right boot and lower pants leg?

[​IMG]
  16. THop

THop Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I call oil bro. Check your covers and engine over good. Alot of people have been having oil leakage problems from the cable gland going to the stator through the engine case.
  17. MotoPundit

MotoPundit MacGyver

Oddometer:
    For the first few hundred miles on mine, I was getting some engine coolant on my right foot/lower leg. Mixed with some dusty roads, it looked a bit like your pant leg.
  18. Beeners

Beeners Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty sure the residue is from the bottom fitting on the charcoal canister. Is there supposed to be a plug or vent hose attached to the bottom?

I added a PVC hose to vent it into the plastic slip plate under the engine.
  19. sweetlou

sweetlou small body, big balls

Oddometer:

I ripped mine off :)
  20. itnanti

Oddometer:
    Anybody get blinking FI codes on their 14s yet. Rolled out of the drive way this morning and it was struggling to idle and I was getting an FI blink. Didn't have time to check out the code running late for work. I'll have work on it tonight. Hopefully its a bad connection and not a pump at 6000miles