Details on 2014 690 enduro r?

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by BigTony, Jul 3, 2013.

1. mrwwwhite

mrwwwhite Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The biggest difference between Rallye and Adventure or Overland is the PDS addition for the Rallye. Position Damping System will basically ensure a bottoming free shock and will allow different settings compared to Adventure or Overland.

:D Looking ace!

Sorry for your loss! Been through that 7y. ago :(.

Hard use means bottoming hence the PDS. You don't have to be Coma to bottom this heavy bike so if money is not an issue, I'll go with Rallye anytime no matter the riding style (unless one uses the 690 as a daily commuter on tarmac, but then you don't think the 690 OEM suspension sucks big time). To lower it a bit, you could get a new seat which although with reduced amount of foam will be much more comfortable than the stocker.
  2. Motomochila

Motomochila Moto Scientist and time traveler

Oddometer:
    I rode the piss out of my 2009 with a revalved stock shock and new heavier spring. Did Baja...on the race course, twice and Copper canyon, Death Valley, and numerous other rough offroad tracks. When the whoops got any deeper than about 18 inches, the stock/modified suspensions wallowed and began to squat after only a few bumps. It was Blias Racing that originally convinced me to go with a Race type shock instead of an "adventure/travel" shock. Now that I've got some serious cash wrapped up in my 2014 Rally Build, I'm not interested in tossing her on the trail due to suspension shortcomings. Besides, since I'm getting to be an old F*@k, I need all the help I can get. I'll post up pics and results as soon as possible. Next up I need to get that triple mounted.
  3. isaac004

isaac004 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone have issues with their gas tank in the 2014 not venting/breathing correctly? My 2014 has the CJ Designs cap, connected to the factory vent line that runs into the charcoal canister. All of this is unmodified (except for the CJ Designs cap of course). Lately I notice that when I start a ride in the cool morning and a few hours later am in warm weather, the tank has swelled. It is obvious when I go to open the gas cap and can hear the fumes escaping as well as the creaking of the tank contracting. Likewise, in the evening after it has cooled down and I go to open the cap, I can hear all of the air rushing in as the tank had been negatively pressured. I did not noticed this when the bike was newer. It has 6k miles, and have owned it for 14 months now (bought it new last year). Thoughts?

I'm considering deleting the canister, and just keep the vent hose only.
  4. Capt CF

Capt CF Pontificating Nobody

Oddometer:
    Did you do the vent hose recall yet? I didn't yet, but I believe it has to do with the vent hose and re-routing.
  5. webbiker

webbiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check that the vent hose isn't pinched by the seat. That was the problem with my -14 with similar problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. isaac004

isaac004 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Will check the vent tube. Had the dealer line up to order the new longer vent hide under warranty.
  7. mrpincher

mrpincher Life is one long day Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry guys - having a mental at the moment. Did I forget to plug something back onto this open end? :rofl

Thanks

Attached Files:

8. mrpincher

mrpincher Life is one long day Supporter

Oddometer:
    It appears the fuel line is wearing through under the rear of the airbox. The black smudge on the orange frame is rubber from the fuel line. Have 6000miles on the bike and guessing that I'll wear through the line by 12,000 miles. Seeing some wear on the starter power cable as well. I'm going to wrap some tape around these.

Attached Files:

9. MotoPundit

MotoPundit MacGyver

Oddometer:
    I used a 3" inch long piece of split plastic loom tube to cover that section of the fuel hose.

[​IMG]
  10. robmicgrn

robmicgrn What the F&^%!

Oddometer:
    It is supposed to be plugged. I went through the same thing a few weeks ago :rofl. I threaded a hex head bolt in with Loctite. Its not coming off again.
  11. Sundog

Sundog Lost

Oddometer:
    Has anyone figured out how to turn off the annoying flashing "warning" light after putting on the ABS dongle? I don't recall seeing anything about it and I find my self distracted and trying to turn off my blinkers every few minutes....
  12. ba_

ba_ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I position my GPS in line with the idiot lights so I don't have to see them...
  13. veetwo _tls

veetwo _tls RENOVATIO:

Oddometer:
    I picked up a 2014 model with the Rally Raid kit installed & for the past 2 weeks been setting up my tower & HID conversion

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Philips H1 55W 6000K HID's

Ram mount for Garmin rino 650 for communication using a firefox technologies sport vanquish throat mic & PTT

Ram mount for GoPro 3+

dual USB weatherproof

green maybe used for power to garmin

yellow Low beam light

blue High beam light

Red garmin zumo 660 Gps

Cam mount for GoPro Remote

2 x black toggles spare

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

daily riding light

[​IMG]

Low beam

[​IMG]

High beam

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yille likes this.
  14. veetwo _tls

veetwo _tls RENOVATIO:

Oddometer:
    done bit more since

added some zita raisers
    [​IMG]

roadbook & voyager
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yille likes this.
  15. Yille

Yille RIDE

Oddometer:
    Just bought a 690 Enduro - 2014 :-)

Going to change tires and need some advice. I have decided on putting TKC 80 on rear but I dont know whats the best option for the front.

I have heard that TKC 80 on front will cause a lot of vibrations. Do you think MT 21 is a better option for the front ?
  16. Simonhantler

Simonhantler waiheke simon

Oddometer:
    i went thru a rear TCK80 in 3000kms. i now have mitas E07s, awsome tryre great all round and looks like ill get 5000kms plus. super grip on dry road and good on dirt.
  17. Simonhantler

Simonhantler waiheke simon

Oddometer:
    Image.jpg
    Hatchet jack and Yille like this.
  18. veetwo _tls

veetwo _tls RENOVATIO:

Oddometer:
    i'm not guru on tires i buy what puts out best Klm per $ for were i ride - all i can say is trial & error every Countries roads , dirt etc are different. For were i live i used on my XR630RN , KTM 640ADV , KTM 950SER , KTM690R & Aprilia 4.5

REARS: get same KLM 3000K
    Dunlop D908 130/90-18 H/T
    Motoz Tractionator 130/90-18 Desert Race H/T
    Cheng shin C755 H/T

FRONTS: (3 rears with any of above to 1 front)
    Cheng Chin C755
    pirelli scorpion rally (was on my 690 when purchased)
  19. Yille

Yille RIDE

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the inputs. Done some more research and I think I will try out the TKC 80´s on my first tire change.
    I think the TKC 80´s look really good on the bike, hope they are as good as they look.
  20. River-Runner

River-Runner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Black Tape ---had to use it liberally on my 6.7L Dodge Ram......
    thetrooper08 likes this.