Dewalts new 12V brushless tools

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Got_Carbs?, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Grinder

Grinder Wrong way 'round

Oddometer:
    They all have what’s called a BMS which is a battery management system. Probable made in the same factory in China. I’d guess every brand uses some variation of the same bms. The pack looks identical to the original. Same. Maybe the cells are different? I did charge it in the middle of the concrete garage floor the first few time though
    Got_Carbs? likes this.
  2. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    I had some old 12v Dewalt years ago, then went 18v and now quite a few 20v and lots of 60v (lawnmower, trimmer, blower, circular saw and recipro saw, angle grinder soon ... so far :)
  3. MrBob

MrBob Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have the DeWalt stuff in the 20v Flex drill, driver, and the 60v circular saw, and now the 20v chop saw. I also have the stackable boxes.
    I don’t know how you determine which brand is “best”, but I use these tools professionally and have had no cause for complaint. I tried their cordless oscillating tool but my Fein cordless is by far better.
    My hand vac is a B&D lithium battery. My sawzall is a Porter Cable cordless.
    One part of my brain is designing a charging station for my van that is partly solar powered. That brain part seems to be moving quite slowly.
    CA_Strom likes this.
  4. Got_Carbs?

Got_Carbs? Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And I returned it. They were pretty good but lacked that extra oomph I wanted. The drill was better than the impact imo. Ended up picking up a M12 Fuel kit. The Dewalt has some positives over the Milwaukee. Better LED light, ergos, control (especially driving small fasteners).
  5. tireatr

tireatr Let's go for a ride

Oddometer:
    Do your homework. Milwaukee is owned by TTI a Chinese owned company that dumps inventory at lower prices and is subsequently subsidized by the Chinese Government. Not knocking their tools, but it's important to understand they are not challenged by today's difficult financial environment; Tariffs, The weak US dollar in Europe, ( foreign Exchange) , inflation. In other words, they don't play fair. I'm not going to bring politics into this (CSM territory) but this is what American companies have been saying for years. Make the playing field level and we will win. If you let these Chinese companies succeed. We've already lost. Look at the TV and Audio industry, cell phones, etc. When you have a choice, make the right one.

Yes, I work for the parent company of Dewalt and I have done my homework. I'm simply asking you to consider this when spending your hard earned money.
  6. mikejjmay

mikejjmay Long timer

Oddometer:
    So since the door was opened, where is dewalt made, and are they made their in their entirety or are various components assembled from around the globe? Not being a smart ass I really am just curious as I honestly don't know and it's always good to be educated. I much prefer to buy american/canadian
  7. Got_Carbs?

Got_Carbs? Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    China. Some Dewalts have the "Made in USA from global parts" label, they are only assembled in the USA.
  8. tireatr

Oddometer:
    4 US plants, one in Mexico, 2 plants in China and various Vendors around the world. Parts for tools are sourced from around the world. For the most part, Motors are made in The plants they are assembled.
  9. tireatr

Oddometer:
    Really? Do your homework before you post.