Dezert Skills to be tested

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by cribaby, Feb 10, 2009.

1. herrhelmet

herrhelmet Land n sea adv

Oddometer:
    I think I'm in for that 2. Charlie can I ride/drop your bike?
  2. cribaby

cribaby Dirt/Street? No Wait Dirt

Oddometer:
    Jim
    Do I have to pick it up for you too?
  3. herrhelmet

Oddometer:
    No, Rob said he's got me covered.:lol3
  4. Windrat

Windrat just a poser

Oddometer:
    I need work on my drink'in skill's :dutch :kumbaya
    I'll work on a hall pass :velvt
  5. cribaby

Oddometer:
    Bob, Mike, Jim, Rob, Paul
    So far no noobs are interested so stay tuned to the thread as the riding location may change slightly, but the date will stay Halloween weekend.

If no noobs sign up then we will practice the skills on the trail. including the skill of consumming 12oz'er

nOObs we can practice any type of skills that you are interested in, but I hear alot of riders expressing a desire to learn to ride sand and whoops better. Here is your chance and also a great campout as always.

I will have a stove, cooking gear, and an ice chest for all to use, so if you want to ride out this will make life easier.

Charlie
  6. cribaby

Oddometer:
    Bob, Mike, Rob, Jim, and Paul
    I hope you all can make it, so far no noobs have expressed an interest so the training might just need to be adjusted.

nOObs
    the type of dirlls can be adjusted to fit your desires, but I'm always reading that sand and whoops are something that you want to get better at, so here is a chance to practice to skills and also have a fun campout as well.

I will be bring a stove, cooking gear and an ice chest so those that are riding out, this will make it easier.

Charlie

sorry for the double post ADV said that there was problem with the site and then it posted it anyways.
  7. cribaby

Oddometer:
    Bump
  8. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    I'm a noob! I want to learn how to ride sandy whoops better while drinking 12 ouncers and shooting Barrett 50 cal's from the hip. Can you help me with that?
  9. Fishyhead

Fishyhead Eremikophobic

Oddometer:
    Thanks for bumping this, Charlie!

I'd be down for any kind of improvement in that shit called S A N mofo'n D :lol3. If I can stay upright in the soft shit for more than 50 yards at a time, I'd consider it a miracle. Now if I can actually learn to steer in the shit, I think I'd shit myself :D

When's the date? First page mentions April something but now I see Hallows Eve.
  10. loner

loner explorer

Oddometer:
    Duy, the thread started last year. The current dates are Friday, Oct 29 thru Sunday, Oct 31. Make sand your bitch this year! Hmm, Rob's coming out, fill that super size tank, we may end up in Utah, or at least the Mojave Brewery. :lol3 :slurp

Where's the rest of the crew from last year? :ddog
  11. cribaby

Oddometer:
    Rob you bring the 50cal I'd be glad to shoot at you while you're riding sandy whoops

Duy I'll update the first page to reflect the current info - this will give you some good practice and advice the rest is up to you
  12. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    hi charlie, i'm on the fence right now. want to go but i can't promise if my body can take 2 successive weekends of pounding. i will be doing the howling moon at prescott, i'll be gone from the 22nd-25th

great opportunity to practice my desert skills, especially sand.

no matter what...please send my regards to dad...:freaky
  13. notmybikemodelname

Oddometer:
    Come on someone.......................anyone. There's a joke in there somewhere.:lol3
  14. cribaby

Oddometer:
    Well I hope you can make it, I know it's a busy time with the AZ ride and then the Jimmy Lewis class 2 weekend later, but it's the only weekend that I got free to ride until after Thanksgivings Day weekend and then I don't if I'll get to ride and camp until New Year at that.

Thanks for your regards for dad's b-day I'll let him know.
  15. cribaby

Oddometer:
    Change of location from Cal City to Spangler Hills

No real interest in pracitcing skills this coming weekend so we are changing location to our favorite riding area. Planning on doing 2-3 loops per day.

We will be at:

35" 33.686'N
    117" 35.121'W

If some other group gets there first then we will be at:

35" 32.516'N
    117" 32.725'W
  16. herrhelmet

Oddometer:
    Hey Charlie,

Going to plug those in. So do you normally go up above Teagle wash near where Searles Station Rd intersects Trona Rd.? Or down towards the tracks?

I'll find you either way. Still planning on riding out Saturday, camping then riding back Halloween before noon.
  17. notmybikemodelname

Oddometer:
    OUT!

My kid has two more soccer games this season and I missed two already for the KotW course layout and the R.A.C.E.
  18. herrhelmet

Oddometer:

Thats what "Soccer Moms" are for. Come on... your wife's a hot little soccer mom. Just tell her that.

Fuck you Rob!:clap
  19. Windrat

Windrat just a poser

Oddometer:
    I've got honey do's and the grandkid not going to make it :cry
  20. cribaby

Oddometer:
    Jim
    Normally we camp off Steveson Mine Rd - the second set of coordinates, there is a kids track there and it always open, but dad wants to try for the rocks - we've camped all over the place out there - sometimes others get to your planned spot first move on to the next - trailer bunk open we can bring most any thing to help lighten your load- PM me

Rob
    Soccer? Ride time is over - club or Ayso? Advice given - go with the coaching

Bob
    wish it would work out so we can ride, but no go - can't make your holiday break ride, but will be out there somewhere - family & freinds yearly ride