Dezert Skills to be tested

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by cribaby, Feb 10, 2009.

1. loner

loner explorer

Oddometer:
    Charlie,

I have some issues to overcome. Stripped oil screen plug on the bike, the truck is overheating. But, I've got 3 spare hours tomorrow. Hope to be good to go early Saturday morning. :thumb
  2. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    AYSO for now, he's only 4 1/2. However, he's the only kid on the team to score any goals all season so far. He averages 2 per game. Last weekend he had a hat trick in the fourth quarter to win the game :clap

I've been told he's a stud, just like dad. Boy, I can't wait to meet his dad.:rofl

I've been reffing this season. Might stick with that so that i can still have some riding time. I've got out twice since the season started, so not too bad.
  3. cribaby

cribaby Dirt/Street? No Wait Dirt

Oddometer:
    Don't worry it only ocuppies all your time

let's ride this winter sometime
  4. cribaby

Oddometer:
    Paul
    we'll look for you, I'll check here or call 949 three70-zero 85six - will check for messages
  5. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:

I'm not worried about my bad calls. I have 20 years of soccer under my belt.

AYSO, COAST and PSL, High School MVP and top scorer two years in a row (only thing I was good at in hs other than selling pot and acid), Also played one season on Scorchers (exhibition league in the early 80's). We opened up for the Aztecs a couple of times.
  6. loner

loner explorer

Oddometer:
    Charlie,

The stripped bolt repair did not go well. I need to buy more extraction tools. Sorry I can't make it this time. Bummed...
  7. Doghouse_Riley

Doghouse_Riley Wannabe Adventure Tourer

Oddometer:
    Went out tonight to check out the XRL. Wouldn't start. It ain't got no lectricity.:bluduh Dead battery. I just rode it Saturday so it shouldn't be discharged. Got it on the charger now. I'll be trying to figure it out tomorrow.
  8. cribaby

Oddometer:
    We're at camp - nice weather

True camp coordinates are:
    N35"-22.090'
    W117"-35.844'
    about 3 miles from Johasburg
  9. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    We had perfect conditions today! A little bit of rain early Saturday, then the wind died on Sunday:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="1280" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5cZqMSENyfs?hd=1" frameborder="0"></iframe>
  10. roundtripping

roundtripping Adventourist

Oddometer:
    Says the video is private.
  11. grinder96

grinder96 Long timer

Oddometer:
    yep...Video wont play! :dunno
  12. herrhelmet

herrhelmet Land n sea adv

Oddometer:
    Tim had to keep it private while he's editing all the nudity out.:lol3
  13. tbarstow

Oddometer:

Fixed. Try it again.
  14. herrhelmet

herrhelmet Land n sea adv

Oddometer:
    Had a great time with Tim, Charlie, Charlie's dad and uncle.... thanks again for letting us hang out, ride and crash in your van.

BTW--- Charlie tried to lose Tim on the hillclimbs but Tim rides too good now... damn.:clap
  15. Ben99r1

Ben99r1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tim has been putting in alot of seat time on the BMW. I keep messing myself up and bike too. I think he is going to leave me behind if I don't get myself in gear. Good little vid PUTO. Ben
  16. Ben99r1

Ben99r1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mike. Check the battery after you take off the tender. It should read 12.8 to 13.1 to still be holding a charge. Also you can check if you have a power draw pretty easy. using a 12v light. Disconnect the ground wire first to the battery. Connect the tester clip to the terminal. Then put the point to the battery - post. If the light goes on it means you have a draw. Do it the same way for the + side too. If you want to rule out the stator, cdi and regulator rectifier? Let me know because I have good spares you can try out. Ben
  17. tbarstow

Oddometer:

I didn't get any video from Saturday. We were doing some fun climbs and descents, all within a couple of miles of camp.

Charlie & company were great hosts!
  18. cribaby

Oddometer:
    Tim and Jim
    Thanks for coming out - great weekend for riding. I didn't get many pics but will post up a couple as soon as I get them down loaded from the camera. Next time we should explore more toward the north, lots of great riding in and around that area.