Difference from Mexico Maps and Bica Maps?

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America' started by darmahman, Feb 2, 2008.

1. darmahman

darmahman "Illogically Deluded" Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is the GPS Mexico maps that Mexico Maps in Santa Barbara, CA sells the same as the Bica Maps from Alberto? I have a Zumo 450 I need to get ready for Central Mexico via Copper Canyon. I want to get the complete Mexico map. Do I need the topo or is the regular one that goes for ~ $2000 sufficient and are 99% of the bugs worked out?
  2. dtop1

dtop1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The new Bicimapas Atala V2 do not work right on a Zumo. I installed then while in Mexico about 2 weeks ago while on a ride that I'm still on. Every day or two I've been emailing Alberto at Bicimapas with a new, serious problem. They evidently work fine on a Garmin 60CSX but not on the Zumo. He's been very responsive to my emails and is working on fixes that will require a different version from what's being sold now. When they work, they are worth the price but when they don't..... For example the screen on my Zumo went completely blank - no roads, no towns, no topo lines, nothing - from north of Culiacan to Guaymas. It wasn't a problem with the Zumo as I shifted to his older topo maps and they showed up fine. Dan
  3. darmahman

darmahman "Illogically Deluded" Supporter

Oddometer:
    What would be the best set up then for my Zumo?
  4. garyk

garyk El Mule

Oddometer:
    What can i say.. i paid ... i went ... i got ripped off.. What a rip off..
    Alberto... if you read this.. your product is very bad. I have a zumo 550. Blank screens, bad positioning.. Just all around rip off. In my opion.
    Buy a map.