1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Dirt Bike to Dual Sport (XR - XL) Doable?

Discussion in 'Some Assembly Required' started by JohnLocke, Jan 16, 2012.

1. JohnLocke

JohnLocke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. truck6driver

truck6driver Proud Navy dad!

Oddometer:
    Not in NC. :cry They stopped dirt bike conversions about 4 years ago. Unless you can take it to another state and get it done then transfer a street legal title NC will not have it. If what you have has off road only any where on the paper work forget it.

Ray
  3. sleazy rider

sleazy rider przemądrzały dupek

Oddometer:
    Michigan is easy. I did a headlight, tail/brake light, horn, mirror and plated mine last year. All you have to do is set up a Michigan State Police inspection and have them sign off that it's street legal with the above stuff, then swing by the SecState to do the paperwork.
  4. dakdakdave

dakdakdave an older,wiser noob!

Oddometer:
    XR's and CRF's are street legal here in Australia. What about importing a complete unit from here and get it registered as a factory import? All registerable bikes in Australia have an ADR plate (Australian design registration) fitted to the headstock. This would be the verification to your authorities that the bike is FACTORY supplied in this format. The average price for shipping of a harley or Ducati to here is around $1k, so I would think it may be similar in reverse? just thinkin out aloud.