Dirt Forever!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Aa Ell, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you men!
    I have challenge now - how to visualize next episodes. I do not want use that space theme again. I have few ideas. Will slowly make next.
    Sunday Rider and GAS GUY like this.
  2. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is not an adventure, just simple breakfast ride.
    I couldn't extend it as I usually do, because of my wife's sick dog who need food and medicine in proper time.
    I used to ride 3-4 time a year with this kind of group of "weekend breakfast" riders.
    I think most of them drive a car during a week and take out of garage they fancy bikes only on weekends to go to have nice food with friends.
    Well, few of them manage also proper long rides. Usually after the breakfast I say good buy and go my way to have more fun. But not this time.
    I love classical music except waltz genre. But somehow it's fit here perfectly.
    Next ride will be soon - Distinguished Gentelmans' Ride 2020, Haaaa, this year it will be solo, they will not make group rides all around the world.
    Must check for my bow tie.

Sunday Rider likes this.
  3. Sunday Rider

Sunday Rider Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer:
    That was a nice short appetizer video, you are right, the music was perfect. Hopefully all worked out with the dogie. Thanks for sharing your ride.
    Aa Ell likes this.
  4. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This year Distinguished Gentleman's Ride in Benalūru, India & Riga, Latvia

GAS GUY and Sunday Rider like this.
  5. Sunday Rider

Oddometer:
    Great video once more. What a change in the world Since March and the two different countries. So much life and living in India. Thanks for taking me on the ride.
    Aa Ell likes this.
  6. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is one of my shortest rides.
    I made 7.1 km (seven kilometers, not thousands nor hundreds).
    Found those videos sometime ago. They were taken on April 20th, 2019.
    It is one of the most scenic time to travel during 'Flame of the Forest' (Flame Tree etc.) is in bloom. Season starts in April and least approx. two months.
    BTW, right now in september-october African Tulip Tree is in bloom. Also spectacular. But they grow/spread less here, in South India.
    I saw first time Flame tree in Key West, Florida in 2009. Origin place, scientists say, is Madagascar, but it grow all around the world.
    Yeahh, and that beautiful alley is just 2.5 km from my home.

GAS GUY likes this.
  7. GAS GUY

GAS GUY MILE EATER

Oddometer:
    Once again, you are one of the very few who can hold my interest with a video ride report. And two ride reports from two different locations on two different bikes simultaneously! Amazingly creative!
    Sunday Rider and Aa Ell like this.
  8. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks men!
    Check out Fortnine youtube channel, if you don't know it: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNSMdQtn1SuFzCZjfK2C7dQ
    Quality of videos is great. In the beginning, when i saw it 1st time i kind of didn't like that guy. He was kind of nerd, goofy, strange, but now i like him. And he is pretty skilled rider, not some show off journalist. Well, they make only reviews and tips/tricks videos, but very high quality production not like majority on youtube.
    Sunday Rider likes this.
  9. Sunday Rider

Oddometer:
    You did it again. So creative with the shots, sequences and angles. Same with the music. Always look forward to your posts.

Glad you like the FortNine guy too. One of the few good Canadian retailers for motorcycle gear. He’s been making the videos for a few years now and has a great sense of humour.
    His helmet review was almost as good as yours!
    Aa Ell likes this.
  10. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys!
    I'm back after a while. Ohh, it took me approx. one month to complete this video.
    This is year 2012. I didn't check all photos from 2013 to 2017 (5 more episodes coming).
    But every year i had more rides then in previous. In 1st episode i used displacement map
    technique to make photos 3D-ish looking, but in 2nd episode is much more photos, even
    after deleting many from selected, so i tried simpler ways to "animate".
    PS. I had last Sunday-Monday stealth camping ride to watch:
    "Geminids meteor shower occurs every year between December 4 and 16.
    In 2020, it is peaking on the night between December 13th and early
    December 14th morning (Night between Sunday and Monday).
    Peak time means the time when the most meteors fall per hour.
    Even Though the peak is at around 2 AM, it is generally visible from
    9 PM itself and lasts through the morning hours of the next day."

FAIL:
    - we didn't see any single shooting star.
    - place near the river where we planned to camp is closed now. It is restricted area with check-post and entrance fees for vehicles.
    - google maps in one area.
    I think i will make separate series about cases when-where google maps totally f***ked up.
    BUT anyway, ride was amazing + i set up great route which was scenic from the edge of our 10 million city to places where we went.
    PS that place where we planned to camp is shown in video i posted here before - Dirt Forever, episode 11 - 'Picnic ride'.

Sunday Rider and GAS GUY like this.
  11. Sunday Rider

Oddometer:
    That was great! Even though they were pictures, it sure felt like a movie. The music and talking t-shirts are a wonderful touch. love the creativity of your work. Thanks!

At the end did you say that the sculpture was your wife’s father or it was made by him?
    GAS GUY likes this.
  12. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you!
    Ahh, that my mistake.
    It is his grave and family ordered this "tomb stone" in that village we visited at the beginning of the video.
    He was education minister of Karnataka state for a while in 70s. And he did a lot for his native village. So they even buried him in school's yard.
    I have heavy accent, this is why i do not like to make "talking" videos, but without my bla-bla-bla it will loose a lot.
    As my american friend told about this video - my accent became much worst then some 30 or more years ago when we met. I am living here between speaking funny indian-english, so looks like my brains messed it up. But anyway, i think this is a bit better then usage of robotic text-to-speech software till moment when it will be absolutely natural.
    GAS GUY likes this.
  13. Sunday Rider

Oddometer:
    Oh wow, what a tribute by the village to your late father in law.

I can understand you very well it was just you spoke quickly and the volume was low. Please keep talking in your videos, it adds so much detail about the background and history. Especially like the badly behaved kids.
    Thanks to you, we’ve been watching an Indian series on Netflix and really enjoying it.
    GAS GUY likes this.
  14. GAS GUY

GAS GUY MILE EATER

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking your vernacular is wonderful and perfectly fitting; it's authentic.
    Aa Ell and Sunday Rider like this.
  15. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Week ago...
    Sad news - that area, where we planned to camp (you can see in 'Dirt Forever Episode 11), is closed now (lost forever) for camping and riding. There is check post. Bike entrance cost 30 rupees. I had alternative plan - to cross Kaveri on a boat with bikes, but that guy rejected. He was tiny old men. Last time we crossed successfully and went to MM hills etc. (it is 'Dirt forever Episode 7). I was so excited when i found this amazing route ('Dirt Forever Episode 6).
    Forest rangers were more scared then us. On of them came with small machete in the hand. After they saw that we are ok guys they calmed down. I think they searched for alcohol. And checked space around campsite for empty bottles i guess and may be trash.
    RIP.
  16. Sunday Rider

Oddometer:
    Another wonderful instalment of your adventures. Thanks!
    Aa Ell likes this.
  17. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Happy new year guys!
    Best wishes!
    Unfortunately I couldn't stay in that wonderful place and join new year eve party because wife's dog must take medicine and food in particular time. Plan to go back home after midnight was cancelled by announced curfew.

GAS GUY likes this.
  18. Sunday Rider

Oddometer:
    Happy New Year and hope you have lots of fun and safe adventures!

Such beautiful scenery. Those huge rocks balanced on the hilltop are amazing.

Thanks for another wonderful trip visually and musically.
    Aa Ell likes this.
  19. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi!
    I'm slowly workin' on my 3rd episode:

Just recently visited Moto Store & Cafe in Bangalore. Met other bikers. They had the same in downtown but because of all covidS#it they closed that spot.

Day after tomorrow I am going for solo ride. Official start of 'Canal ride' will be here:

Attached Files:

20. Sunday Rider

Oddometer:
    That was a nice appetizer. Can’t wait for the main course.
    Aa Ell likes this.