Dirt Forever!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Aa Ell, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    3 in 1
    It is kinda funny - I did only one ride and it was my traditional 'Dirt forever (episode 15)', but the same time I rode on irrigation canal service road, so here is 2nd - 'Canal Ride (episode 4) and the third thing - it was India's Republic Day. Many bikers go for rides in huge groups with fluttering flags etc. I saw on my way hundreds of bikers.
    I did it alone without any pomposity.
    Start was harsh. Sharp bushes totally occupied service road at the beginning (on google map satellite view looks fine, but it is old shots i think, when canal was built and service road was fresh), then next part was occupied by peasants. Road just was closed with self made s#hitty fences. Are they growing vegetables on service road?

At the end of the ride - Kumbakarna Statue. At the beginning of the ride - airliner really exists on Google maps satellite view. Actually i planned to start from Puttaparthi, but because of that plane I found on the map, i went 12-13 kilometers ahead, just for fun.
    Carl_Mega and Sunday Rider like this.
  2. Sunday Rider

Sunday Rider Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer:
    That was fun! Thanks for the ride along and the great music. I can always watch your videos over and over again and pick up something that I missed before.
    Aa Ell likes this.
  3. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yesterday's "adventure"

Sunday Rider likes this.
  4. Sunday Rider

Oddometer:
    Glad you got the parts to replace the lock. Can’t believe it started on the first kick. I am not even going to ask you if you made a duplicate key, just on case. Fun video and cool music once more. Always like seeing the local activities in your videos. Thanks
    Aa Ell likes this.
  5. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks men!
    Yes, I was surprised too how easy it started, because i remember last time it took few minutes after many kicks and push starts, but one time before that I couldn't start at all and James (That mechanic you saw on video) came to fix the bike. Carb vas dirty. Actually I lost my 3rd key because it was duplicate already. New set comes with 2 keys.
    Well, I am pretty sure that sometime I will find the lost key, you know, It always happens. It is in garage or at home. Hiding somewhere, looking at me and quietly laughing.
    Sunday Rider likes this.
  6. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Finally another part done. Ohhh, it is so time consuming. Sometimes i think that it wasn't great idea to start making videos from still photos. Well, but I learned some new technikues and tricks - this is the good news.
    Carl_Mega and Sunday Rider like this.
  7. Sunday Rider

Oddometer:
    Thanks for another wonderful video. I am so impressed with your creativity with the voice overs, narration and music. Always look forward to your posts. There are always a few good jokes/scenes in there.
    Aa Ell likes this.
  8. Sunday Rider

Oddometer:
    Forgot to add, the graphics of the mirror attachment to the water Buffalo and flashing headlights is pure creative genius.
    Aa Ell likes this.
  9. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks men, I appreciate it a lot!
    I just try to see funny things everywhere. You know like a kids watch clouds and see there characters.
    GAS GUY and Sunday Rider like this.
  10. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just a teaser.

Carl_Mega, GAS GUY and Sunday Rider like this.
  11. Sunday Rider

Oddometer:
    If you posted this a month ago I’d be mad. :lol3
    Today we’re having a nice spring like day. So all is good.
    Nice video, the passing of the slower vehicles is scary as you come around the blind curve, but I guess you are used to it.
    Thanks for the teaser video! Looking forward to the rest, when you have time between the rides.
    Aa Ell likes this.
  12. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks men! I understand you. In Latvia where I am from, guys keep bike in garage from November till march-april. Well some years are different like few winters ago bikers used to ride all winter because they haven't snow. But it is rear.
  13. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What I can say about this ride?
    Purpose of this ride - to see Tadasa bridge which appears when water level is very low during dry season - failed. We didn't see the bridge and water there was 10 times wider then I saw on photos. So the bridge was still submerged. Looks like the bridge is not visible every year during the dry season and apparently it only emerges in very, very, very dry years.
    BTW placemark on google maps is in wrong place I think. It must be there were the old road ends in the water. It is well visible on satellite view.

14. Sunday Rider

Oddometer:
    Wow another wonderful entertaining video. So much to see and music to enjoy. Really appreciate your effort in making these and sharing here. Thanks so much!
    Aa Ell likes this.
  15. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I made English version of this video (Episode 1) approx. month ago.
    It is made from bits and pieces left in our phones and some from social media because all major video footage of the half of the ride (1st part) were lost in died external hard drive.
    So it goes!
    PS 'Jagannath Tour' Episode 2 is official selection of Santa Cruz Moto film festival 2021.
    PSS Guys, buy for long rides to keep your footage only newest generation external Hard drives (SSD) without spinning parts (HDD)!!

16. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  17. Sunday Rider

Oddometer:
    Great video once more, and just love your choice of music. Never know what to expect. India is so full of life and non-stop activity, it makes me wonder how they have the energy to do it all again the next day. Too bad about the HDD failure, SSD is definitely the way to go. Thanks for sharing your trips!
    Aa Ell likes this.
  18. GAS GUY

GAS GUY MILE EATER

Oddometer:
    Enjoyed the video. Thanks. Is the covid situation over there as horrible as the media portrays?
  19. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Honestly I do not know how bad are things actually. I stay at home. Around week ago my friend's workmate died, he know some more fiends who lost family members. I do not know anyone. I went for shopping today. We have curfew. Shops are open from 6AM till 10AM. Street vegetable vendors can operate till 6 PM, also dairy shops. I didn't go far, but looked like other shops were closed. People are very carefree. In the city approx. 95% wear masks, but in countryside is opposite - only 5-10% wear it.
    Sunday Rider and GAS GUY like this.
  20. Aa Ell

Aa Ell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks men!
    This year distinguished gentleman's ride will be on May 23rd, but our curfew is till 24th. And high possibility that it will be extended.
    I will ride later because of this $#it. I had an idea - my friend in Latvia will shoot his ride on 23rd, then he will send videos and I will shoot same views, when I will be able to ride. Just an experiment. Something similar as i made last year, but here will be more "synchronized" shots.
    Sunday Rider and GAS GUY like this.