1. eNewsletter Sign Up

DIRT NAPPER - Self Rescue Device

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Trialsman, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's another lift that looks really good, and hopefully they actually will sell you one.
  2. rebel346

rebel346 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Already ordered it and had a tracking number the next day. Will be waiting for me at home when I get back from overseas in a couple of weeks.
  3. Cabrito

Cabrito On the mend 76% Supporter

Oddometer:
    He emailed me 8/08/19 saying they were nearly back in stock.
    I ordered on 8/09/19 and emailed him that I'd placed my order.
    I emailed on 8/26 for an update and heard nothing back.
    I just emailed 9/25 for an update and asked why I'd given him $200 and got nothing in return.
    If he does not reply to me by tomorrow I'll start a refund process with Paypal.

Edit 10/14
    Last week I started the claim process with PayPal, and after they were unable to get a response from Keith they refunded me.
  4. rebel346

rebel346 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got home last night from overseas and guess what was waiting for me on the kitchen table. Apparently only took about a week from purchase to delivery all the way from the Netherlands. Communication was great, it looks and feels like quality craftsmanship.
    Cabrito likes this.
  5. Capt. Gary

Capt. Gary Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I talked with mr keith this morning and he will be shipping back orders this week he has17 almost ready to ship he is finishing up a new mod with shockcord so the bar will be like tent poles looking forward to the arrival
    Honda-50, ZachM1 and EddieFL like this.
  6. Iron Cross Junction

Iron Cross Junction Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Va.
    Had my Stornello on some W.V. back roads a few days ago. Mighty tame "adventure" riding for many here, but I had all the fun I was competent enough to handle. :augie

I've seen quarries shallower than some potholes I avoided by luck. :wings

Anyway, was glad I had the DN with me. Didn't need it in the end, but, it was a near enough thing three times within one mile that I was happy I'd packed it. I have not done a "dry run" test with it yet, and decided after those close calls to do that sooner than later.

[​IMG]

Bill
    ZachM1 likes this.
  7. Cabrito

Oddometer:
    Sadly I canceled my order with Keith and Paypal refunded me. After waiting over two months and with no communication from Keith via phone or email I ordered the kit from Eastbound... Ordered on 10/14 from the Netherlands, and received on the 16th in SF CA...
  8. OKDQ

OKDQ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If this is too far off topic, please pm me. What do you think of the Eastbound after receiving it?
  9. Cabrito

Oddometer:
    I'll have to let you know. Just received it.
    OKDQ likes this.
  10. ArthurKnowles

ArthurKnowles Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just ordered one today. I guess it'll take as long as it takes, but sooner would be better.
    Paddle007 likes this.
  11. Zigo

Zigo Panzerfahrer

Oddometer:
    I mailed Keith yesterday about my delivery schedule, as my order date was September 11. He answered me immediately that he had a 5 week waiting time for a new batch of Dirt Nappers
    Honda-50 likes this.
  12. RoyalWolf_53

RoyalWolf_53 n00b

Oddometer:
    I ordered on 9/8/2019 still waiting on my order.
    Sent several emails and no reply yet. May need to ask Pay Pal to refund my money.
  13. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    I find it hard to believe people would still make orders knowing the lack of communication and wait times being unpredictable.
    vfrman02 likes this.
  14. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Especially when there is a better option available that seems to be filling orders.
    Hate to post that in this thread
    AZQKR likes this.
  15. ArthurKnowles

ArthurKnowles Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It’s simple really. I wanted the lightest weight one I could get and I’m in no hurry to get it. He delivers the product so I don’t see an issue.

Plus, I know he has a life outside of the Dirt Napper. Way I look at it is he’s doing me a favor by taking his spare time to produce something I need.
    Honda-50 likes this.
  16. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    Two reports [ that I've seen posted here or elsewhere ] that their strap has failed in the field. Sometimes the lightest isn't the best, sometimes if the product fails in the field it isn't worth any price or weight savings.

The biggest issue I had with the maker was the constant lack of communication with customers after they'd send the funds. Unacceptable in anyone's world, but I'm really happy you're willing to wait, and wait, and wait while your money has been taken. Hell, it's not so much the wait even for me, I've waited for hand made knives to be made for over 2 years, BUT, they didn't want payment till a week before it would be delivered.
    Cabrito likes this.
  17. ArthurKnowles

ArthurKnowles Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have not heard of any failures, but if you have a link I’d like to check them out. I’m aware you can over ratchet the strap and cause it to bind/lock however.

Well, I guess I’m not just anyone than as it’s obviously acceptable to me. Nor do I think my money will just “taken”. I’ve seen no indications of that. I’m also fairly patient and knew ahead of time the conditions of the purchase. Obviously, they didn’t bother me or I would not have ordered one.

You seem to take great offense with the lack of communication and up front payment. Not everyone feels this way about the situation. It’s also perfectly fine for you to take your business elsewhere as that’s your right as a consumer.

You’ve stated you don’t understand why people - like me for example - are willing to continue to do business with him, which is why I posted in the first place. Basically, we - me at least - just aren’t concerned about the issues you’ve encountered. If the worst occurs, and I do lose the money, it’s no big deal. I’ll just take it as a loss on my taxes. I learned a long time ago not to sweat the small things. The manufacture bashing, business model bashing, etc. are just small things to me.

FWIW, posting your views on the subject is fine. Posting your experience is fine. I’m just hoping it’s not causing you health issues - increased blood pressure, mental anguish, etc. as really it’s not worth getting so worked up over.
  18. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't fret about my health for a second. 68 y/o with a 63 resting hr and 119/78 bp. Reread this thread, there's quite few people who are and have been in the past very disgruntled over his lack of communication while having taken their monies.

I had my motobikejack on the 3rd day from ordering over the phone. THAT's service I expect for outlaying that kind of money. I got a confirmation within 2 hours the product was packaged and ready to ship with a tracking number.
    Cabrito likes this.
  19. ArthurKnowles

ArthurKnowles Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear your health isn’t a issue. It’s also apparent to mean that the amount of money is more of an issue to you than me too. I’m not rich. Nor frivolous with my money, but the piddling amount of money involved in this transaction isn’t of major concern to me. Not in these times. Not with the value of the amount in consideration.

I read the thread before ordering. I don’t recall any instance of someone not getting the product after sending the funds to buy the product or getting a refund if desired. Perhaps I’ve been misunderstanding your definition of “taken”. It appeared to me as if you were stating money was received and no product or refund delivered.

And I understand your version of what “service” means. I have similar views for full time businesses too. I expect more from them. I don’t expect that level of service from someone turning out a product in their spare time for people like “us” that want it.

I consider the Dirt Napper a home grown product being provided at considerable time and effort by someone doing this in their spare time to assist other riders. It is not their primary job. It’s not their primary responsibility. Personally, I’m just thankful their still providing them and at a discount to forum members no less.
  20. RoyalWolf_53

RoyalWolf_53 n00b

Oddometer:
    I ordered on 9/8/2019 still waiting on my order.
    Tried contacting Dirt Napper several times by email but no reply.
    I contacted Pay Pal to refund my money but Pay Pal told me to contact my credit card company for help.
    AZQKR likes this.