1. eNewsletter Sign Up

DIRT NAPPER - Self Rescue Device

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Trialsman, Mar 16, 2018.

1. pigjockey

pigjockey Hognuts the T-bagger

Oddometer:
    Wisconsin A half dozen miles from ROAD AMERICA
    Patience’s a virtue you know. So settle down.
  2. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I ordered a MotoWinch from the Netherlands Dec 2, I am tracking it in transit and it is due at my house Dec 12. It is taking so long because I only asked for the cheaper shipping otherwise it would have been here a couple of days ago.

Not only do they send an order conformation email back within minutes of placing an order they ship the next working day.

Unlike the Dirt Napper they have good customer service and they sell a winch that will actually pick up your bike without self destructing.

Hate to post that in this thread but that is the way it is.
  3. Capt Scoots

Capt Scoots Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I haven't been here for a while and was somewhat surprised that this thread didn't come up when I did a search, it actually took a bit of digging to finally end up here. I was going through a stack of paperwork and realized I still haven't received my Dirt Napper. I ordered it on 7/14/19 and was charged basically $200.00 with shipping. I've left several voice messages, tried email, but have never had a call returned or an email answered. However, I was able to talk to him months ago. I don't remember the specifics but was told that my order would ship relatively soon. Well that didn't happen.

I wish I could be as cavalier about the situation as ArthurKnowles, but I have a greater expectation for an American company that's producing a product made by Americans. Obviously I have a different perspective and a different take on the situation. I cancelled one vacation because I only allowed 2 months for delivery of my Dirt Napper, I should have known better.

It's now been over 5 months since I ordered and paid for my Dirt Napper. In the 5 months I've been able to reach Keith once. In all this time I've never received a call back or a response to an email, and based on my phone call he hasn't done what he said he would do. This is not a sign that there is even a modicum of customer service with him or his company. This certainly is not a recipe for success.

Maybe I should just order another one and hope it gets delivered quickly. I hadn't thought of that until just now, it was like a lightbulb going off in my head, yeah I think that's the ticket.

So patience is a virtue? How much am I supposed to have?
    ZachM1 likes this.
  4. Iron Cross Junction

Iron Cross Junction Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Va.
    Ouch.

That was painful to read, especially as I have been one who has now and then counseled patience for this item.

I suspect all of us have promised something now and then we have not delivered. That is one thing among friends, and can usually be fixed with an apology and a few beers.

In business, OTOH, there is less room for forgiveness, and almost none when money has changed hands, deliverables aren't, and the vendor doesn't respond.

I will offer again the use of mine if you have any immediate plans. My Baltimore (actually Owings Mills) kids and grands will be here on Christmas Day, and I can send it back with them for your pick up when convenient.

PM me if you want to do that.

Bill
  5. Capt. Gary

Capt. Gary Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am in the same boat since august I haven't asked PayPal for a refund I might have lost my money
  6. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    I ordered my Motowinch 3 weeks ago and didn't request quick shipping. It arrived today after a slow boat ride across the ocean. (17 days actually) Not only was it shipped the first working day after I ordered it I had a tracking number so I was able to track it for the time it took to arrive at my door. There was an option for fast shipping that cost a few dollars extra, I think with that I would have had it in my hands in less than a week from the Netherlands.

Comparing it side by side with my busted up from one use Dirt Napper it is a much higher quality product, both in workmanship, quality of materials and design. Weighs less, packs smaller and will pick up a heavier bike easier.

I thought about giving my Dirt Napper to the first person who asked and would pay shipping but when I got a PM asking for it I backed off my offer because I don't want to be responsible for someone in a bind depending on such a poor product.

I may just toss it in the trash.
  7. Capt. Gary

Oddometer:
    I requested a PayPal refund today I ordered on 8-30-19 and still have not received I have lost confidence in the maker who seems to be a honorable person who just got overwhelmed
  8. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:

Exactly. I think it started out as a good thought but just got over run with circumstances.
  9. Paddle007

Paddle007 Gun Toting Vegetarian. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm one day ahead of you requesting a refund. Ordered on 09/09/19.
    All I have is the sound of silence and almost $200.00 less in my account.
  10. dogen

dogen certified JB welder

Oddometer:
    I've emailed him 3 times in the last 2 months to find out how to arrange shipping to Canada. He's never replied. After reading the last few posts here I realize I dodged a bullet. Guess I'll order the Eastbound Motowinch.
  11. Capt. Gary

Oddometer:
    How long before four file a PayPal dispute?
  12. Cabrito

Cabrito On the mend 76% Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was also a hopeful customer for this product.

When I asked PayPal for the refund it took about a week. They take some time to contact the seller and see if they respond.
  13. Paddle007

Paddle007 Gun Toting Vegetarian. Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Screenshots from PayPals response.
  14. Capt. Gary

Oddometer:
    That is the same message that I got we will see what happens
  15. Moto-Kafe

Moto-Kafe Gnarly Entre-manure Supporter

Oddometer:
    The OP was here today at 11:30AM, so just ignoring the emails/PM's does not look good........... :nah

EDIT: the Vendor, not the OP......my mistake.
  16. Capt. Gary

Oddometer:
    What is op?
  17. Moto-Kafe

Oddometer:
    OP...... original poster.
  18. Iron Cross Junction

Iron Cross Junction Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Va.
    The OP is not the vendor.
    ZachM1 likes this.
  19. Moto-Kafe

Oddometer:
    Oops......I stand corrected. Thanks Iron Cross. Let me rephrase my statement "I believe the Vendor/Seller of this product (which may not be the OP) has been on the forum VERY recently. So ignoring emails/PM's/this thread (as a Vendor) does not look good......:D
  20. dad2bike

dad2bike Retired! Cranky Old Fart Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you read all thru the thread from the start, you will see the OP was the developer/vendor then about have way thru the thread he handed off the product to another person, Keith, to continue as he didn't have the time or resources to handle the unexpected workload. Now it seems that Keith severely underestimated how much effort this would take.
    That's where we are now. I was in one of the earlier batches and helped with the ideas to resolve the web strap issues. I still haven't had the time to install the update kit on my DN. :shog