1. eNewsletter Sign Up

DIRT NAPPER - Self Rescue Device

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Trialsman, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Capt. Gary

Capt. Gary Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I upgraded my PayPal dispute today to a claim we will see what results are
    Paddle007 and dad2bike like this.
  2. Paddle007

Paddle007 Gun Toting Vegetarian. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am typically ahead of no one but again I find myself 24 hrs ahead of you. :beer
    Iron Cross Junction likes this.
  3. Capt. Gary

Oddometer:
    I have never had this issue before but I have little hope of a refund things never seem to work out that simple
  4. 2old2Bbold

2old2Bbold was 2bold2getold

Oddometer:
    If paypal is charging your credit card, you can go directly to your cc company. Tell them you didn't get the product. Paypal doesn't like it but it works.
  5. Capt. Gary

Oddometer:
    I didn't use a credit card which might be another mistake I guess it's just a waiting game
  6. Paddle007

Paddle007 Gun Toting Vegetarian. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Apparently we're in the same boat.
  7. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well I consider myself somewhat in the same boat. They have my money, I have my Dirt Napper but it is not even worth recycling.
  8. Cabrito

Cabrito On the mend 76% Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'd say by now Paypal is getting a lot of requests for refunds for this vendor so it should be quick. It took me about one week start to finish to get my refund approved.
  9. Capt. Gary

Oddometer:
    They approved your refund but did they return your money
  10. Cabrito

Cabrito On the mend 76% Supporter

Oddometer:
    I did receive my refund.

There were a few steps that you have to take.

Here was my timeline:

9/30 Claim filed and received a message from Paypal - First you or Paypal (I'm a little fuzzy on this part) send a message to Keith Products.

Your message was sent to Keith Products Co.
    We're sorry you didn't receive your order.

Your message regarding the purchase you made on August 9, 2019 for $199.35 USD has been sent. You need to allow time for the seller to respond.

View the case details
    If you can't resolve this issue, you can escalate it to a claim before October 20, 2019. When you escalate a case to a claim, PayPal will decide the outcome, usually within 30 days.

If you take no action, the case will automatically close. After a case closes, it cannot be reopened or escalated to a PayPal claim.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/03

Hello,

You have escalated this problem to a claim and we will contact your seller for more information. Keith Products Co. has until October 13, 2019 to respond to PayPal. Most claims are resolved within 30 days, but it may take longer.

We may need to contact you for more information during our review process. If we do, you'll need to respond within the requested timeframe. Otherwise the case may be closed and decided in the seller's favor.

[​IMG] View the case details[​IMG]

Transaction Details
    • Case number: xxxxxx
    • Seller's name: Keith Products Co.
    • Transaction amount: $199.35 USD
    • Transaction date: August 9, 2019
    • Your transaction ID: xxxxxxx
    To learn how we review and resolve claims, you can view the PayPal User Agreement, which you accepted when you created your PayPal account. Simply click Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/03

Hello,

We received the case(s) you filed on September 30, 2019.

We have reviewed the transaction(s) and are requesting additional information from Keith Products Co. regarding your case(s).

Next Steps

Keith Products Co. has up to 10 days to provide us with the requested information, but it is likely that we may hear back sooner. As soon as we receive this information, we will share it with you along with any additional steps you may need to take to resolve this case. There are no further steps you need to take until we contact you.

Want to Cancel or View Your Case Status?

If you would like to cancel or view the status of this case(s), you can do so by visiting the Resolution Center:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
    2. Select Resolution Center from the Help menu at the top of the page.
    3. Click the Case ID under Resolution Center cases.
    4. Click Cancel Case under Case actions you can take.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/13

Because we were unable to obtain additional information from Keith Products Co. regarding your claim, this case has been resolved in your favor and you have received a refund of $199.35 USD. If you paid with a credit card, the money is refunded to your credit card. Please note that it can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

10/15:
    Funds received in my bank.
    Paddle007 and Shawnee Bill like this.
  11. kpcrider

kpcrider n00b

Oddometer:
    May l start by offering my apologies and ask for your forgiveness. My world has really come off the rails these past months. Rest assured that l will do my best to make things right. Prior to this I had been able to have Dirt Nappers in stock and ship promptly. However, there has been quite the perfect storm lately. My primary business is mining and suspension parts and more recently the Dirt Napper. My company is just me and all 3 segments have leapt forward this summer. Partly, I have been overwhelmed. Secondly, a serious health issue arose with my soon to be wife that has lasted for months with 2 hospitalizations. Third has been supply of certain parts for these units. I have a very good welder now and I've spent months looking for someone to make the straps. I thought I had that solved a few times (hence several promises of delivery) but things fell through. More recently has been the next batch of ratchets. They were ostensibly the same (same PN from my supplier, capacities, etc.) as before though I quickly found a number of small dimensional changes to indicate these came from a different manufacturer. After much experimenting these would not work. Consulting with my supplier to see if l could specify the manufacturer as one has worked perfectly and the other not so much I found that I could. I just received 300 of the proper ratchet bodies last week. I believe strap production is solved now as well as l have a first example in hand for me to approve.
    I believe that this craziness will be behind me directly. I give you my word that l have been doing my best all along and am well into making the next 100 units. Now, of course, I need to get back on track on the service side. I fully intend on cleaning up this mess and restoring my reputation and, hopefully, your faith and confidence. This won't happen overnight but it will happen as quickly as possible. May I thank you in advance for your grace. Keith
    GAS GUY, joe a, misterk and 8 others like this.
  12. pigjockey

pigjockey Hognuts the T-bagger

Oddometer:
    Wisconsin A half dozen miles from ROAD AMERICA
    Your a good man, keep on keeping on. :thumbup
    ZachM1 and Iron Cross Junction like this.
  13. HardWorkingDog

HardWorkingDog Super Ordinary

Oddometer:
    Thanks for speaking up. I understand how this kind of thing can get away from you, and sincere best wishes for your s-t-b wife's improved health.

I think one of the most important things you can do to improve your reputation is make sure that anyone who has asked for a refund gets that refund quickly and easily.
    ZachM1 and Iron Cross Junction like this.
  14. GMCNC100

GMCNC100 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I filed a dispute with my credit card (which I used through PayPal) and got my money back quickly. I ordered the product in mid-September (2019), emailed back and forth through October about delays. Finally asked for a refund Nov 1 -- no refund so contacted credit card end of November and got refunded through its dispute process.

Also, found this alternative. Pretty similar to the Dirt Napper, a bit more expensive but confirmed in stock, ships next day, and delivery in CONUS in about 3 days:

https://www.motobikejack.com

12/31/19: Just ordered one.

1/1/20: just got tracking number on the shipment.

1/4/20: arrived today. Very substantial unit. Looking forward to testing it out tomorrow.
    typeamark and Shawnee Bill like this.
  15. Capt. Gary

Oddometer:
    Eureka I received a PayPal e mail today stating that I received a full refund regarding my dirt napper purchase I guess my best plan is to not drop my bike
    Cabrito likes this.
  16. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Or now you're able to order one of the other lifters from a vendor that will actually sell you one.
  17. kpcrider

kpcrider n00b

Oddometer:
    Since my post l’d like to share a progress report. Here’s 100 sets of parts that l’ve been working on that are now at the powder coater. Since that stage has been completed I’m finishing parts for anodizing. Next is to make more progress on the communication side.

Attached Files:

18. ArthurKnowles

ArthurKnowles Adventurer

Oddometer:
    They look great. I’m glad I sent in my order to purchase one and it looks like waiting is going to pay off for me.

I appreciate your efforts and am sorry to hear about some of the issues plaguing you.
    Iron Cross Junction likes this.
  19. Capt Scoots

Capt Scoots Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great News: I called Keith on Wed after work and he picked up. He was working on assembling and shipping 22 orders that evening. He said mine would go out that evening. For a point of reference, my order was placed on 7/14/19. He apologized profusely about the delay and even called later to confirm my mailing address. He said it should arrive by priority Mail by Fri and at the latest Sat. It arrived today (Fri) and I'm sure glad it did. I would advise taking a few pictures of the unit after you pull it out of the bag, before assembly, so you know how to repack it. I didn't and fiddled a bit before it would fit back in the bag. It definitely looks like a quality product and I have total faith that it will be able to get my KTM off the crash bars and back upright, at least far enough that I can then lift the bike. He had 22 ready to ship and another 100 units to work on to hopefully build up a ready to ship stock.
    ZachM1, pigjockey and Chazbo like this.
  20. GMCNC100

GMCNC100 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’m glad you finally got yours - but waiting 7 months? Yikes.

The MotoBike Jack I bought (see earlier post) arrived in 4 days. Works great - seems most of these devices are a very similar design based on a ratchet and pole.

https://www.motobikejack.com