1. eNewsletter Sign Up

DIRT NAPPER - Self Rescue Device

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Trialsman, Mar 16, 2018.

1. pigjockey

pigjockey Hognuts the T-bagger

Oddometer:
    Wisconsin A half dozen miles from ROAD AMERICA
    Wtf guys.......... why do you post another vendors product in this mans thread. Real classy :dizave
  2. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA Supporter

Oddometer:
    No worries for me. I use my Dirt Knapper frequently, but I have to agree it's not cool to post for other vendors here.
    Iron Cross Junction likes this.
  3. duggram

Oddometer:
    I understand it's not a big deal but your system doesn't have anyway to protect your seat, and it costs more. I don't see any reason to think it's competition for the Dirt Napper.
  4. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The reason for posting other products in this thread was because of the non response of this vendor after collecting money. And the many problems with the performance and quality of this product.
  5. pigjockey

Oddometer:
    He did respond!!! Your just being an ..........
  6. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    Many months after pocketing many buyers money...…………..
  7. pigjockey

Oddometer:
    Did you ever read any of his post Bill? I have no dog in this fight whatsoever. the man had problems with part supplies and family health. I’m done here and you should be also, after you apologize to him.
    ZachM1 and Iron Cross Junction like this.
  8. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    I have followed this from post number one, I am very disappointed in the way this product has preformed for me when I needed it, and have followed the way this business has been conducted.

I really hope these issues have been finally addressed, only time will tell.
  9. kpcrider

kpcrider n00b

Oddometer:
  10. kpcrider

kpcrider n00b

Oddometer:
    There’s a bunch of recently completed units. It feels really good to be back on track and have them back in stock again.
    To the best of my knowledge all backorders have been fulfilled. If l have missed someone, please let me know asap.
  11. duggram

Oddometer:
    Thank you for doing what you do and I hope the health issues in your life are limited. I'll be 70 next month and for me it's unavoidable what health issues do to your life. I'm heading back to Baja next week. Of course my Dirt Napper will be on top of my back rack again. I ride a 701 and pull a Sherpax trailer. Last year I was riding solo when I laid the bike over on a sandy road. Now I wish I had taken a picture when the bike was part way up when lifting with the DN. This year I'm riding a lot more off road so I'm sure I'll have another opportunity.
  12. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    This is interesting because we almost always talk about these lift assist devices being used for heavier bikes, 500 pounds and more. But even a minor injury can make it extremely difficult to pick up a lighter bike that we would normally not have much problem picking up. I also ride a KTM 690 (orange 701 :-)) solo and am somewhat past 70, I am going to start carrying my lift assist device that I bought to carry on my heavy bike.

I want to add that I am hoping that @kpcrider is successful in dealing with the problems he has had with the Dirt Napper and the marketing of it. He is putting in a good effort to resolve these issues.
  13. duggram

Oddometer:
    Sounds like I'm not as strong as you. Last year I dropped my 300 on an off camber turn. I had a heck of time getting it up. Could have used the DN there. The DN is a great thing to have riding solo no matter what you're riding.
    ZachM1 and Shawnee Bill like this.
  14. OKDQ

OKDQ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You two impress and inspire guys like me (I'm 7'ish years behind you) I hope I'm still riding strong in my seventies like you!
    AllSeasonRider, 2old2Bbold and ZachM1 like this.
  15. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    :lift :imaposer :gerg
    The 690 can be a bear to pick up in good conditions but I can do it. Drop it in a bad place and strain something going down I could be in trouble.
    ZachM1 likes this.
  16. AllSeasonRider

AllSeasonRider Wandering, maybe a little lost...

Oddometer:
    The 690 isn't bad for me to lift, but after the 6th time in an hour (it was a bad day...) it gets pretty tiring!
    duggram likes this.
  17. taco7

taco7 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can report that I ordered a Dirt Napper and received it in less than two weeks. Great product!
  18. Neal

Neal n00b

Oddometer:
    Has anyone had a problem with the strap breaking on the Dirt Napper?
  19. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    Haven't had the strap itself break but the stitching did rip apart on me and I seem to remember one other person here saying the same.
    After that Keith said he was going to make the stitching stronger.