Dirt riding course anyone ??

Discussion in 'Australia' started by atgreg, Apr 12, 2005.

1. atgreg

atgreg Africatwinarama

Oddometer:
    Burren,

I dont know about that, you'd have to talk directly to them about it. they dont have "Adventure Bike" courses on their calendar or web site but run them to order like they are doing for me, the course is specifically aimed at the big bikes . They have plenty of "Trail / enduro" courses on their calendar, have a look at,
    http://www.offroadriding.com.au/Academy/index.html

I know they are running a "GS" course in the July in the Hunter Valley for the BMW Club of NSW which is already full I think plus it's for club members only.

Greg
  2. LeLievre Down Under

LeLievre Down Under Le Lievre DownUnder

Oddometer:
    G'day Burren
    BMW Touring Club is running a similar course at Singleton in July - all booked up but another in being planned for first weekend in August - Cost $250 - We use a private track owned by a Suspension tuner for Team Kawasaki - limited to 14 riders each group so plenty of one on one. Pub Accomm in town. We pay the guy who owns the track as well as Miles Davis from Off ROad Academy and CycleTorque which is probably the reason for the difference between Greg's course at BB.

If you're interested send me a private email and I'll add you to the list and let you know the details - anyone else interested as well??

Andrew
  3. Alchemist

Alchemist Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did their trailbike course on the 640. Great fun but I really need to practice some of the stuff. Mind you watching all the motocrossers faces when they asked me how much it weighed was worth the price of admission. :lol3

bunch a pussies :1drink
  4. LeLievre Down Under

LeLievre Down Under Le Lievre DownUnder

Oddometer:
    :lol3

bunch a pussies :1drink[/QUOTE]
    So Gnarly - does this mean there's a new sub category of Big Chookies to be known as Pussy Chasers .heaven forbid.

We had 15 run through the course off road a couple of years back. there's obviously a lot of interest because we've filled two courses in July & August at Singleton in addition to Procycles and greg 's course at BB.

Keepin those cats on ther toes
  5. atgreg

atgreg Africatwinarama

Oddometer:
    Hi All,

well the dirt riding course weekend was great, 26 riders made the trip to the hills behing batemans bay for the weekend and made their tired way home again last night. It was a good mix, 2 KTM950's, 4 Africa twins, 5 transalps, various 100,1100,1150 and 1200GS's, 3 NX650's, a couple of KTM 640's a lone XTZ660 and Im sure Ive forgotten some.

I wont go into huge detail at the moment, Im still to tired to think very hard !!. The main thing is that it was great and for myself and I think everyone Ive certainly come home with some new skills and confidence and lots of stuff to practice and knowing Ive got lots more to learn. I'd like to do a course again, I'll probably organise another one at some stage in the future.

The instructors, Miles Davis and Jason Cater were fantastic, while Miles was probably the better at getting his message across ( Jason is an Oz enduro champ and normally deals with the enduro / MX course ) both of them were amazing to watch and could almost make the bike talk.

For those of you that did the course, Miles is after feedback about the course and the odd photo, if you'd like to send him some comments or photos, drop me a mail offlist and I'll give you his email address.

Hopefully over the next few days some others will give their impression of the course and post some photos on the web somewhere.

Greg
  6. peter Haasmann

peter Haasmann BlueFlash

Oddometer:
    I had a great time, thanks Greg for organising it!!:thumb
    Didnt think the GS could be so versatile! Leaving the track Sunday night I had so much fun 'testing' out what I've learned, except when I stopped for a panoramic pic and stood dead-centre in a fresh cow turd!! the boot reeked every time I stopped!! Now I can look forward to a few more adventures with confidence!
    For anyone like me with minimal dirt experience I think this course is a real bonus and it's bound to increase the safety factor once you know more of what to do!!

AND I left my topcase keys at the campsite, so staying overnight at a friends place in Kiama limited my wardrobe choice, pizza and a bottle of red fixed that!!

Day off today, nice lazy end to a great weekend!!
  7. atgreg

atgreg Africatwinarama

Oddometer:
    For those that attended the dirt bike course,

Ive collected a pile of photos and video clips from different people ,
    there's some good stuff there !!. Im happy to burn copies for anyone
    thats wants them, I have 2 discs you can have;

1 - A DVD put together by Rob , thanks mate , with all the photos &
    videos put together with titles & music etc and plays like a movie.
    Great to watch but you cant use the individual files

2 - A CD of all the original high res photos and video files that you
    can use for printing etc

A set of 2 disc will cost $5-10 , depends on postage, I jst need to get
    my costs back. So if you want copies please email me OFFLIST . Let me
    know by the end of next week and I'll get to burning.

Greg