Dirt riding, enduro & cross training skills

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by B1, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Harvey Krumpet

Harvey Krumpet Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yup, done the same myself for motogymkhana. What you think you're doing and what you're really doing... Been very slack doing this for my dirt practice. Naughty.
    keepshoveling likes this.
  2. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    I go head to head with Megs Braap on the practice track she creates every Canadian summer... take a wild guess who was faster? :evil

3. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    How to ride dirt bikes better - no injuries, environmentally friendly AND no need to wash bikes.

keepshoveling and StanBo like this.
  4. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    So awesome to see this older couple getting into dirt bikes and having the time of their lives. Take home message? We'll be dead soon so ride more!

Huzband and keepshoveling like this.
  5. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    We reviewed the Gas Gas Ranger a while back, here are some more comments from the guys I ride with. Such a bummer that it looks as though KTM will probably be scrapping this model now they have bought out Gas Gas. At least European regulations specify they need to keep supplying parts for discontinued models for a minimum of 10 years...

6. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    One of the hairiest but most enjoyable rides in Romania! The Aussie guy who manages Carpathian Adventures decides to up the pace on this downhill run back to our base and I foolishly decide to try and keep up with him... and of course he knows the track like the back of his hand.

Huzband, keepshoveling and Bucho like this.
  7. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    Ever got confused by all those front knobby sizes? I've finally managed to try all three sizes and give some unreliable tips about what might suit you best.

8. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    A few highlights from a lap of the Kosciusko Killer hard enduro. I'm thinking of volunteering as a sweep rider again in their next event, the Tenterfield Terror (although these names inspire fear deep within my soul lol).

9. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    The new Gopro 8 Black is out. Is it good? Yes, to the point where I've finally retired my Sony X3000 action cam. Gopro have finally got that digital image stabilization working as well as the Sony so it's finally become my main cam. And the audio is pretty decent now (although still not on par with the Sony). Happy days.

Is it worth upgrading from the 7 model? Well there are no dramatic changes so unless you are a videography junkie I'd suggest waiting for the 9....

10. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    More fun and games in Romania - a week of enduro bliss with a bunch of guys from New Zealand. Most of the time we were on tracks used in Romaniacs. Great experience!

Huzband, Bucho and keepshoveling like this.
  11. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    Revisiting the topic of how to ride in soft sand with a few more tips since we did the original training vid years back.

Skootz Kabootz and keepshoveling like this.
  12. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    Learn how to ride a dirt bike with dodgy training that can take you from unskilled gumby to barely capable muppet in 48 difficult hard-to-understand lessons. :D

Harvey Krumpet and keepshoveling like this.
  13. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    Never wracking stuff! A few of us decided to try a silver class hill climb from the last Romaniacs event. In a few spots a small mistake could lead to cartwheeling back down the mountain along with the bike.

It took a long time to get up so this is just the first half... and it's heavily trimmed too. Supporters received the tediously long full versions.

14. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    Revisiting the topic of riding off camber slopes - something we did a lot of in Romania.

But some riders actually lean out to get a bigger tire patch on the ground. I've stuck with the former given it's safer for us muppet level riders lol.

15. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    Long term viewers might remember this old footage. Lars is quite a good amateur racer and it was always good hearing him blast around on this ancient KTM 250EXC. Like us, he's into the slower technical stuff but just throws himself into it... no trials technique for him lol.

Huzband likes this.
  16. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    Great to see a pile of hard enduro events starting up here in Australia! I posted a vid about the Kosciusko Killer event a while back. Here are some excerpts from my prolog lap. I wasn't competing, just marshaling at the event.

17. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    At last a training vid! A few guys have been complaining about the lack of training vids lately but remember there are about 70 of these now so I have been branching out into other sorts of vids more. Let me know when you have mastered all 70 techniques THEN maybe complain about the lack of new content lol.

Problems with wheelies? These are the seven biggest mistakes I see holding guys back.

derblauereiter and keepshoveling like this.
  18. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    It was inspiring to ride with this couple who decided to get into dirt riding much later in life than most of us.

Huzband and keepshoveling like this.
  19. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    Bit of bad news, I broke my back a few weeks ago. Although the good news is I wasn't paralysed, didn't need an operation and the doctors say I can probably start riding again in a years time.

This is going to make things a bit tough financially so unfortunately I'll have to start running ads on the vids.

I have never pushed the supporter angle very hard, but if you've found the vids useful feel free to become a supporter and get the weekly supporter vid... plus about 330 previous vids if you go for the lifetime option.

Not a bad way to while away the hours at home if you are isolating yourself!

https://www.crosstrainingenduro.com/cross-training-support.html
  20. derblauereiter

derblauereiter Mostly made of cheese Supporter

Oddometer:

Couldn’t have happened to a better guy! Glad you’re not paralyzed.
    keepshoveling and B1 like this.