1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Dirt riding, enduro & cross training skills

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by B1, Apr 23, 2014.

1. keepshoveling

keepshoveling DNF

Oddometer:
    Agreed. I’m sorry to hear that, but at least it’s recoverable and you’ll have the sweet, sweet solace of knowing the massive increase in downtime means more of those dulcet tones for the rest of us.
    CavReconSGT and B1 like this.
  2. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    Cheers guys... all going well. No pain meds. I can stand and shuffle around the apartment for a few minutes now before the back starts to hurt. Heaps of time to edit my way through a backlog of video footage. Happy days!
  3. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    Every year, hundreds of riders from around the world enter the iron and bronze classes in Romaniacs. These are the dirt muppets, the gumbies, the trail hacks, the everyday heroes... throwing themselves into the world's toughest enduro event.

Huzband and keepshoveling like this.
  4. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    Yep it's Grizzbait, Traction eRag's most scenic ride near the Alaskan border but also the most dangerous. Grizzly bears love maple syrup so we put this on all the riders to encourage faster riding....

keepshoveling likes this.
  5. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    These silver class hill climbs from Romaniacs are tough. In a recent vid we were half way up this Romaniacs silver class hill climb... my favourite day out of all the riding on an enduro tour with Carpathian Adventures.

keepshoveling and Bucho like this.
  6. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    While we don't encourage drinking then riding, we felt it was important to conduct this important study in Romania...

PistonPants and keepshoveling like this.
  7. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    A huge shout out to the volunteers our events possible, and all those guys out there you can count on when the shit hits the fan.

8. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    Good news, we finally have answers from Leatt about rusted brackets on their premium helmets. One one of our guys found rusted strap brackets on his top of the line Leatt at 13 months old but they wouldn't fix or replace it under warranty.
    We asked a pile of questions for them to answer in a coming video... no reply. We found other cases of this worldwide and approached them again. This time they answered. Leatt will replace any of their helmets in or out of warranty if the brackets rust.

9. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    There were a pile of questions after my recent accident where I fractured my spine... what protective gear was I wearing? Will I buy new gear when I start riding again? Will I ride again? Will I ride differently?

10. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    Location? Transylvania. Our mission, should we choose to accept it? Ride a Romaniacs gold section hill climb. Our intrepid crew heads out from our base located only one minute from the tracks. My two companions have done gold sections before. I'm the Romaniacs gold virgin. Needless to say I'm nervous....

11. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    A random vid with the usual bunch of reprobates, muppets and miscreants who sit around talking more than riding. Topics include why we don't do a lot of reviews, the P-tech skidplate/exhaust guard some of our guys use, and a reminder to lube your bendix.

12. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    Crazy dirt bike skills with Graham Jarvis, Tim Coleman, Colton Haaker and Ruben Chadwick. Good for inspiring or demoralizing you, depending which side of bed you got out of this morning.

13. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    The ultimate Suzuki DR650 review. Tyre shredding acceleration. Chain snapping torque. Bowel loosening thrills. Long recognized as the best motorcycle ever built, the humble DR650 has also faced extreme prejudice due to its phenomenal power output.

14. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    This warning is probably coming a bit late as coronavirus restrictions ease, but beware of motorbike withdrawal symptoms during the COVID 19 lockdown. Did you know motorbike withdrawal symptoms can be even more dangerous than drug withdrawal? Severe reactions from not riding can occur within just one week. And these can be dangerous for the family...

15. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    keepshoveling and Eresia like this.
  16. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    Ina Coleman is a regular competitor in the womens class for hard enduro events in Australia, and an accomplished trials rider too. And if the name sounds familiar, it's probably because she's married to that hard enduro larrikin, Tim Coleman...

17. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    fox.jpg

YOUTUBE CHANNEL SUSPENDED FOR SIX HOURS

Apparently Youtube took my channel down due to "spam, scams or commercially deceptive content" but provided no details beyond that.

I made an appeal straight away and six hours later they say they've reviewed the case and found I didn't contravene their guidelines after all. But they won't give any details or communicate any further!

Did Youtube's algorithm just go crazy?
    Did someone interpret the humorous ads as serious?
    Did a company take offence at one of the critical reviews?

Who knows. My best guess is Fox didn't like the latest review but Youtube refuses to communicate any further. Still, all's well that ends well.
    Cuttlefish, Eresia, Miro_T and 3 others like this.
  18. ZoomerP

ZoomerP . Supporter

Oddometer:
    Utter bullshit, Barry. Traction will probably be next.

You've had other critical product reviews. Have you ever had the channel yanked due to those?

I'm guessing a combination of reasons #1 & #2, but things are so screwed up in the U.S. right now that it's hard to say. Sorry to see it, but a move to Vimeo or elsewhere may end up being necessary. Hang tough with the rehab, and this stupidity. We're with you.
    Harvey Krumpet and B1 like this.
  19. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    Although Youtube said I couldn't reply to their email, I found another way to chase them up through their support service. Apparently Youtube hate giving out any details, but I did get them to narrow it down from 'spam, scams or commercially deceptive content' to just 'spam' now.

I'm still trying to get more info, but I suspect this is what happened. After my Fox Airframe helmet split open so easily, I posted a comment on three other Youtube reviews of this helmet asking their owners for their long-term opinions, if they had come across my problem, and left a link to my vid explaining what happened.

If all three Youtubers marked my comment as spam then they have been enough for their automatic spam processes to take my channel down.

I'm only giving all this detail to explain why I was probably a bit hasty in suspecting Fox in my previous post!
  20. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    Flash back to 2016. The local suspension gurus decide to test their new setup on the DR650 at the local motocross track on a 50 foot table top jump. Then they wanted to get my opinion too as a motocross noob. Gulp. So it's time for some muppet motocross lol.

keepshoveling and Cuttlefish like this.