Dirtcati!!!

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by jdm61, May 24, 2016.

1. DittyBag

DittyBag A bag of dirty stuff

Oddometer:
    I think that you are correct. That oil cooler is very small too.
  2. jdm61

jdm61 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you look at the picture of the "Dirtcati" is looks like they used the SC front fork which means that you don't have to worry about hitting anything as it has very little travel. :lol3 Looking ahh the oil cooler, on the Bimota, it does appear to be shorter top to bottom than the one on the 1100 Hyper, but curved and maybe a bit deeper front to back, so it could have the same surface area.
  3. DesmoDog

DesmoDog Desmo was my dog. RIP big guy.

Oddometer:
    796 uses a lower/thinner seat than the 1100, or at least they did when I had mine (2011?)
  4. jdm61

jdm61 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I noticed that the current Strda uses the lower seat too, but that is only 20mm. it gets lower another 1.5 inches by the shorter suspension, which, according to the numbers I had, the 796 did not have. The SP models clearly use a taller suspension. Confusing to say the least. All I know is the the current regular multi kinds fits me and the Strda fits me well. If I could get the simpler engine and the low seat height with the same 6.5 inch fork travel with the 796, then that would be a good thing.
  5. See-Double-You

See-Double-You Long timer

Oddometer:
    YAWN.

Terra Mostro: HUBBA HUBBA.
  6. jdm61

jdm61 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Terra Mostro: better setup for a dirt bike, but it kinda looks like a Monster mated with a pygmy giraffe.
  7. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    The Dirtcati is back up for sale:
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/d/ducati-hypermotard-dirtcati/6285790887.html
    The Dirtcati was built and is described here by Ducati Bellevue,
    "Part Hypermotard mixed with some Monster 1000S and Sport Classic parts with off-roads bits complete this DualSport 1000 we wish Ducati would built. Details:
    -Hypermotard 1100 frame & fuel tank
    -Desmodue Dual Spark 992cc engine from a Monster 1000S
    -Monster 1000S rear swingarm
    In respect to Desert Sleds of the past, the Dirtcati is perfect for those long days on Eastern Washington and Eastern Oregon high desert roads"
    I ended up with this bike through a trade, Thought I would ride it more but just don't have the time. The bike is a blast, gobs of power in a super light and flick-able package; this thing begs to go anywhere and go fast the entire time.

recently replaced:
    Plugs and magnecore plug wires
    fresh oil change
    brake fluid and clutch flush.
    New tires
    Title in hand

No Test rides without cash in hand

Would be interested in a trade for either a dump trailer or old VW dune buggy/beach buggy

Attached Files:

8. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    Moar pics:

Attached Files: