DirtDaze is June 7 - 11, 2016, Lake George NY

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by TLHBill, Mar 17, 2016.

?

Might you attend DirtDaze?

Poll closed Jun 13, 2016.
  1. Yes

57.6%
  2. No

11.9%
  3. Maybe

30.5%
  1. TLHBill

TLHBill Adventurer

Oddometer:
    DirtDaze (dirtdazerally.com) is the biggest new dual-sport event ever !

KTM (& other) factory demos, BMW-riding World Champ Teach McNeil stunt show, KTM-riding Jimmy Lewis offroad riding school, 8x National Enduro champ Mike Lafferty rider coaching available.

Guided and unguided trail rides to lunch destinations; on-site D-S vendors vendors like Twisted Throttle, Klim and more.

Camping, food, drink and entertainment all in the same location in Lake Luzerne, 7 miles west of Lake George Village where Americade is happening. Your DirtDaze pass also gets you into Americade where there are demo rides from over a dozen factories, hundreds of vendors and other activities for street riders.

(Honda will have Africa Twin demos; Yamaha will have Tenere and other demos; Suzuki DR model demos; stay tuned for more)

If you ride a D-S bike, don't miss DirtDaze. In fact, if there are enough replies to this thread, I'll arrange a gathering for ADVrider fans, so we can see who is behind our on-screen names.

http://dirtdazerally.com/
    MewZiKat and KLR-SHANE like this.
  2. Chirosyd

Chirosyd Never get off my bike without a smile

Oddometer:
    Congrats to the person(s) who thought of this event. I have lived in Lake George for the past 35 years, and always thought Americade should expand to include off road riders and the sport bike crowd in order to keep relevant. The Goldwing and Harley crowd are getting older!. I cannot attest to the dirt roads in this region ( for me, '14 Vstrom 1000 to big for anything off road but hard packed dirt), but the pavement riding is awesome and then some. Vt. riding ain't too shabby either!. Looks like the creators of this event know what they are doing. Will do my best to attend what I can for this event. If anyone needs information about this area, or needs help with anything, p.m. me.
    MewZiKat and TLHBill like this.
  3. Racer111v

Racer111v Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sound like fun, but I will be at Unadilla for the MX Rewind on June 10-12. There needs to be more weekends in June.:hmmmmm
    eddie bolted likes this.
  4. DirtDaze

DirtDaze n00b

Oddometer:
    Join us for the first ever Dirt Daze Rally!

Dirt Daze is an Adventure Bike Oasis with nearby 3 and 4 class roads through the Adirondack Park in New York.

We offer:
    ~ Onsite factory demos / vendors
    ~ Rider training with professionals
    ~ Rides with Lunch
    ~ On site camping (Tents and Rv's)
    ~ Fun night time activities, riding games and contests.
    ~ All registered attendees will have access to the Americade demo area.

http://dirtdazerally.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/DirtDaze/
    https://www.instagram.com/dirtdaze/
    haro4fun likes this.
  5. VivaRossi

VivaRossi n00b

Oddometer:
    #DirtDaze offers guided and unguided full-day excursions along ancient dirt routes of the Adirondack Mountains in Upstate New York and beautiful remote trails of Vermont. Professional instructors offer ADVenture bike training for beginner, intermediate and advanced riders including obstacle courses, riding demonstrations, and riding contests. Demos by KTM, Honda, Yamaha and more. Meet Twisted Throttle representatives and Jimmy Lewis, overall winner of the Baja 1000, Dubai Rally, Dakar podium finisher, ISDE 4x Gold Medalist, former Off-road Editor for Cycle World and Dirt Rider magazines. Camping, meals and local beer are all onsite. Register soon at http://dirtdazerally.com, as space is limited. See you there. John Rossi, RossiMotoCorsa.

#DirtDaze
    #ADVenture Bike Rally
    June 7-11, 2016
    Lake George, NY
  6. Mark_O

Mark_O Drain Bamaged Supporter

Oddometer:
    :spam
    You should read the RULES
  7. VivaRossi

VivaRossi n00b

Oddometer:
    Being sarcastic? Not sure.

Cuz I would think you'd love to attend the DirtDAZE RALLY.
    The Big dirt bike, Adventure bike RALLY.

Bring your friends to the DirtDAZE RALLY.
    The Big dirt bike, Adventure bike RALLY.

Thats why I posted it here on ADVRider Forum, under RALLYS.
    http://dirtdazerally.com
    MewZiKat likes this.
  8. Mark_O

Mark_O Drain Bamaged Supporter

Oddometer:
    You edited the link in your first post. It didn't go to the rally website.
  9. TLHBill

TLHBill Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Your signature suggests that you might be a chiropractor. If so, I'd bet your services would be in demand by a few folks at this rally. (same for at Americade nearby)
    MewZiKat likes this.
  10. Chirosyd

Chirosyd Never get off my bike without a smile

Oddometer:
    Hey THBill,
    I'd he happy to help my fellow riders. One of my patients was a big motorcrosser, and said he promised his mom he would never ride on pavement - too dangerous! Probably not too far from the truth. You may fracture an ankle riding off road, but at least some clueless cager will not be running you over!
    MewZiKat likes this.
  11. zen rider

zen rider veteran rider

Oddometer:
    Syd,
    How are you? Let's get out for a ride soon. I've been neglecting my V-Strom ever since I bought a new FZ-09. Shame on me!

THBill,
    is this ride more suited to adventure bikes or better suited for barely street legal enduro bikes? I have a V-Strom 650. I'm not familiar with the terms "3 and 4 Class roads" but I've ridden dirt roads pretty extensively in ADKs and VT.
  12. TLHBill

TLHBill Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Adventure bikes for sure. But there will be 1 or 2 optional sections which could interest enduro riders. As it says on http://dirtdazerally.com/2015/11/22/dfg/ :
    • The routes range from 100 to 200 mile loops on a mix of dirt and paved rides.
    • The route specs, difficulty, and alternative routes will be clearly noted on the route maps.
    • Routes will be offered for all skill levels.
    • The routes are best suited for plated mid-sized (650cc+) or larger bikes.
  13. zen rider

zen rider veteran rider

Oddometer:
    Its a bummer that the one-day pass does not include a guided ride. I live about 20 miles from Lake Luzerne. I have my kids and other obligations most of the days of the Dirtdazerally. This does sound pretty cool and I am a "maybe" for a 1-2 day pass.
  14. ADKtrailblazer

ADKtrailblazer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am hoping to attend this event but not sure which ride to sign up for? I have a new Super Tenere with no off-road time on it except for gravel roads. I have a freshly installed SW Motech skid plate and hope to purchase at least some 50/50 tires (Heidenau Scouts maybe). I managed to ring up the first 600 break-in miles over the last few warm weekends and starting to get real psyched!
  15. TLHBill

TLHBill Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The good news is that you CAN add a guided ride to a day pass. Go for it.
    ( The reason that the day pass doesn't include a guided ride is because the lunch cost alone exceeds the modest price of the day pass.)
    MewZiKat likes this.
  16. TLHBill

TLHBill Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Since the Tenere is so comfortable in "long distance mode", the 200 mile "Into the Heart of Darkness" guided ride would be a good choice.
    Your tires will be fine, and if it happened to rain the night before, there will be alternate routes noted, in any case.
    Below, from http://dirtdazerally.com/2015/11/22/dfg/
    • Routes will be offered for all skill levels.
    • The routes are best suited for plated mid-sized (650cc+) or larger bikes.
    • For those of you less comfortable on gnarly dirt roads or trails, we’ve got alternative routes you can take, bringing you to the same destination. These easier routes should be fine for street biased tires, though as always it’s your call on any road presented to you.
  17. mslow

mslow Faccia Brutta

Oddometer:
    Will there be any singletrack riding? Or will it just be options off the main route?
    Curious if it would be worth bringing a 300 2t for the woods.
  18. TLHBill

TLHBill Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Probably not. Especially in NYS, most of the "interesting" roads we will use are gravel or hard-ish dirt and wide enough for a car.
    That said, there ARE gnarly paths which one could follow in the Adk Mtns and in VT.
    However, an organization is not wise to make such paths part of any organized, mapped ride.
    mslow likes this.
  19. UberTenere

UberTenere Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been going to americade for many years now and it has been going down hill. I was going to make the 900 mile trek up there this year and spend a day. BUT NOW I need to take more time off for this!! It's exactly what I want in a rally! I will see you guys up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MewZiKat likes this.
  20. 2upadv

2upadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to this event. Although the Americade week is the only week of the year I generally ride out of town the thoughts of meeting others that enjoy riding our hidden roads is making me rethink the Lake George area during Americade. That an having the possibility to ride with JL again is icing on the cake.

TLHBill if you need any local help getting ready send me a PM.