DISCOVERING & ADVENTURE RIDING IN PORTUGAL 2019

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by mokhtario, Feb 26, 2019.

1. mokhtario

mokhtario dirt, sand & rocks

Oddometer:
    Hello Adventurers,

I moved recently from NYC to Lisbon, Portugal. I would like to share briefly with you the adventure ride that I experienced while discovering more than 2000 years of history that Portugal has to offer along with its great cuisine and wines.

PORTUGAL
    Weather in Portugal is fantastic ranging from 65 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit during the day which is truly amazing for winter riding. Note: some nights were cold down to 55 degrees F. Typical lunch & dinner in restaurants range from 8 to 15 euros. I am not sure why Portugal food & wine are not more popular around the world. I found that the wine and its cuisine can definitely rival with France or Italy at a fraction of the price. The majority of the habitants in Portugal speak very good English which makes a huge difference compare to other European countries.

TRIP
    We choose the 5 days tour but other trips length are available. We also chose to have the owner of the company, Ricardo, to be our guided rider but you can decide to ride on your own. We rode from Lisbon to Serra Da Estrela, to Coimbra back down to Algarve to end up in Sagres and finally back to Lisbon. What's really amazing in Portugal is that the terrain change constantly from plains, to mountains to seacoasts roads & trails.
    I have attached a couple of pictures so you have an idea of what you will experience.

TOUR COMPANY www.rideon.pt
    Ricardo, owner of the company, who was a pro all-road rider in the 90's is deeply involved in every tour he organized. Latest BMW's 1200 or 700 were at our disposal depending of your taste and riding skills. Each GPS was loaded with a new track everyday and we had our 4 to 5 stars hotel pre-booked in advance for each night. Ricardo speaks excellent English and knows Portugal like the back of his hand and will adapt his service to your requirements and far beyond.

CONCLUSION
    I have done many tours through out my riding life from France, to USA as well as Italy & Spain but this is truly the best riding experience that i had by far combine with the fact that Portugal is truly the best country in Europe for adventure riding in my opinion.

Ricardo and Portugal deserve a shot out for you riders out there!
    If you wish to explore Portugal while riding I highly recommend Ricardo. You will not regret it and no headaches guaranteed!
    Thank you Ricardo for the wonderful experience
    http://www.rideon.pt/

If you have any questions let me know.
    Ride Safe
    Olivier

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 9.54.22 PM.png

_arrabida49.jpg

DSC_1923.jpg

_evora5.jpg
    TheBritAbroad likes this.
  2. mokhtario

Oddometer:
    Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 9.54.25 PM.png

IMG_0966.jpg

DSC_1977.jpg

IMG_20181008_154258.jpg
    TheBritAbroad and Suncoaster like this.
  3. mokhtario

Oddometer:
  4. TheBritAbroad

TheBritAbroad Just ride. Supporter

Oddometer:
    When did you guys go through Algarve?
    mokhtario likes this.
  5. mokhtario

Oddometer:
    Hi there, it was beginning of February. Weather was perfect! Sunny, dry with a little breath. Just perfect and Ricardo knows all the cool spots, tracks, hotel restaurants depending your choices and budget. Highly recommended! Get in touch with him for more info. FYI today its 19 degrees Celcius in Lisbon and sunny
  6. TheBritAbroad

TheBritAbroad Just ride. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey, yes I’m here already and have been for years. :) The reason I asked is I recognise your group of bikes from about a month ago and was wondering if it was you. I passed by you all here in the Algarve. I was on either a KTM 1290 or a Himalayan (can’t remember which bike I was on at the time) and you all waved. Remembered your group as you were the most cheerful looking bunch I’ve seen so far this year. :D
    mokhtario likes this.
  7. mokhtario

Oddometer:
    Not sure if it was us but i guess another group had fun in Portugal with big BMW's. Portugal is amazing! Cheers