Do Anakee Wilds really not need airing down?

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Three Dawg, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Arbolmano

Arbolmano Not so Studly

Oddometer:
    After riding since 1978 I’ve never aired down except dire scenes. Low p can cause real trouble with a tube tire and will cause flats. I think it’s like “standing on pegs” and needing a GPS. Things that you need to do to be cool. Not things required to ride effectively off or on road. I gave up on cool long ago. I advise a better source of information
    Than opinions of fellow neophytes. Anakees seem a righteous tire, I’ve been running the Standard III that came stock on my F700. Work well within design parameters and last forever.
    Riding the bike will solve many issues.
    CrazyMike likes this.
  2. Three Dawg

Three Dawg Into Africa

Oddometer:
    Cool? What are you on about? Airing down makes a big difference to steering, grip and comfort on loose surfaces for most people. And GPSs are a very useful tool too. I've used many different tyres from Bridgestone Deathwings to Avon Trekriders and they all work better for me aired down. I just want to know if the radial Anakee Wilds NEED airing down or if they work well on loose surfaces at road pressure.

I suspect the answer is that they will feel better aired down, whatever the manufacturer says.
  3. CrazyMike

CrazyMike ***42***

Oddometer:
    OP,
    People keep trying to tell you that skill and experience play a much larger role in making it through loose surfaces yet you keep sh!tt!ng on their advice. If you didn't want advice then you shouldn't ask questions.

Your question has been answered several times. I recommend that you now bow out or stop replying with such negativity.
  4. Three Dawg

Three Dawg Into Africa

Oddometer:
    Better bow out now then because very few of the replies actually answered the question.
  5. metavug

metavug Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll bite. Don't air down radial tires. I rode the wilds for a season and never once changed the pressure on a ride. If you want a tire that changes shape for different riding, ride a bias ply tire. The wilds were very good for all kinds of surfaces (although a bit noisy on slab). For reference, I have ridden several big block tires TKC 80s, Wilds and Mitas E07(R) and E10 (F). All great, in all conditions in my opinion.
    roookie1 and Black Label Mark like this.
  6. Myll

Myll Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As metavung said, the stock pressures are good. My best results have been at recommended pressures. This is in sand and loose surfaces. Also wtf is with "standing on pegs" is a "kid" thing.
    roookie1 and Black Label Mark like this.
  7. mikegc

mikegc Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had a set of Wilds installed on my '14 GSA for a trip to Alaska. I rode the Dalton in biblical rain and even stopped half-way up the Beaver Slide. The Wilds bit just fine and took me up that 22% grade with no issues. I ran 'em at the recommended pressures the whole time.

Mike
    roookie1, scottdc and Massabusa like this.