Do I have the Biggest head on the planet?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Charlie44mag, May 28, 2020.

1. Charlie44mag

Charlie44mag Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ive been on a long search for a helmet that fits. My head measures just over 28" circumference. (roughly 72 CM). Finding a full face helmet that fits me at all has been, challenging. I'm currently using a 5xl HJC Modular with the cheek pads removed and it's loud as hell and my nose hits the front when it's down. I had a cheap AFX 4xl that fit the same way in dual sport. I like modular best, dual sport as well. Wondering if anybody knows of a company that would custom make one for my size. I've tried every other big size full face helmet out there and HJC has been the only one that fits. Price isn't that much of an issue if I could actually get something that fits nicely. Not willing to resort to brain buckets for adventure riding so hopefully someone can point me in a helpful direction, TIA.
  2. Kmendez

Kmendez Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have you try to contact (Helmet companies )them directly ? They may be receptive to help
  3. 9Realms

9Realms Drawn in by the complex plot

Oddometer:
    I'm in that same league or melon size, or right near it.
    I just got a 5xl HJC and it's quite wonderful. I wear a spandex neck gaiter and it fills the gap a little around the base of the helmet and helps some with noise, but I wear ear plugs so I mostly don't worry about it.

Yeah, there is not much to pick from in that diameter. Worse yet, I think HJC is no longer going to make the 5XL, and it may be limited to current or back stock for others in the same boat.

The HJC is well rounded, or as round in shape as they seem to come.

450 hjc.jpg
    Charlie44mag likes this.
  4. Jamie Z

Jamie Z I'm serious. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry I can't help. Just for kicks I measured my own head for perspective. Just over my ears and above my eyebrows (I don't know if that's the standard circumference, but that's what seems most natural.). I'm about 22.5 inches. If I put the tape at 28 inches and put it around my head, I can't even picture it.

You must be Andre the Giant proportions. Sorry, not making light. I'm just astonished at how much bigger your head must be than mine. I can't imagine trying to buy gear. :eekers Like those 7-foot-something guys trying to buy a bed, shoes, or a car.

Good luck!
    Charlie44mag likes this.
  5. Charlie44mag

Charlie44mag Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm currently running the HJC and I'm grateful for it, but damn it's tight. Jamie Z, yeah it's not a good time. I'm 6'4, 350, size 18 shoe and 5xl Gloves. Plus I've got a28" inseam,lol. Big torso short legs, nothings really made for me but I make do. I use Columbia snow boots for riding boots and icon gloves just barely fit.
    Thanks for the input yall, I'm gonna try and reach out to more companies directly and see if there's anyone willing to specialty make me one. It'd be so great to have something that actually fits with some room and padding, I'm willing to pay what it takes. Ride safe.
  6. luftkoph

luftkoph Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bell has or had I’m not sure which nowadays a custom fit for the Star helmet