Do you AirBNB?

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by _CJ, Jul 20, 2019.

1. DittyBag

DittyBag A bag of dirty stuff

Oddometer:
    7/22 :lol2
  2. DittyBag

DittyBag A bag of dirty stuff

Oddometer:
    FWIW, I appreciate the thread. Today, I now know what an AirBNB is. I much prefer to camp, but this seems to be a good back up plan for those times when it is raining cats and dogs.
  3. Golden955

Golden955 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I haven't done any on riding trips, it has always seemed like I could get a hotel room for about the same price. But I always check. AirBnB really makes sense for our family of four (two teens) to find one bedrooms with foldout and a blowup instead of two rooms in a hotel on trips to Paris and just last weekend a trip to NY. Both were more comfortable, almost half the price of two hotel rooms, great locations (Eiffel Tower and between Central Park and Times Square) -and we weren't tripping all over beds or luggage in a closet sized hotel room.

On the economic front we've been renting ski condos for almost thirty years, the only difference is nowadays a higher percentage goes to the owner and not a management company.
  4. Caveman0709

Caveman0709 n00b

Oddometer:
    My Dad, his friend, and I are currently finishing up a 2 week trip through Colorado. We stayed in an Air BnB near Hartsel, CO for two nights that was absolutely amazing:
    https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/211379...=1&virality_entry_point=1&sharer_id=272846275.

Jim was an awesome host and the views from his house were incredible. He suggested a local saloon for dinner where we had one of the best meals of our entire trip, and we came back for breakfast the following morning which was just as good. Jim even gave us directions to his favorite fishing spot. It was a great experience and much more personal than staying in a hotel. We will definitely be back in the future.
    Green Stainz likes this.