Does anyone have the Puig adjustable windscreen?

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by GetBackOn, Jun 17, 2019.

1. GetBackOn

GetBackOn Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. fjmartin

fjmartin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have it. It does mount to the “hoop” that is unique to the adventure model by default. But you can purchase that hoop and put on a non adv model. But the second issue is the plastics on the ADV model are wider and different than the standard GS so I’m guessing those bolt holes won’t fit. But I can’t confirm!
  3. desertdaves

desertdaves DesertDave

Oddometer:
    I have one on the F800 GSA. HUGE improvement over the stock windscreen. I'm 6'1" and the stock was miserable. With this screen, I'm able to adjust up for highway, and then down for off road.
    On a side note, the nut/bolt combo used to adjust the screen up and down tends to rattle loose. Replace with locking wing nut, or lock washers. Either will work.
    ADVwxyz likes this.
  4. kgrise1

kgrise1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have it on the '14 F800 GSA I just bought. As other have said it does a much better job of deflecting air than the stock screen. I cannot decide if I think it's ugly or not. I've just been avoiding looking at the bike from the front.
    desertdaves likes this.
  5. desertdaves

desertdaves DesertDave

Oddometer:
    Ohhh, its ugly alright, but it does work lol
  6. GetBackOn

GetBackOn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So I got my screen in today came in early for my trip which is great. Went out to put it on and it looks like I don't actually have an adventure! I relooked up from where I bought it and it has all the options of an adventure but it's not actually an adventure. Bit bummed about that. about the only thing that seems to be missing is the bar for the windscreen. I was also wondering why my gas was running out so quick.

Here are the pics. Where do I go from here? I took it out of the plastic so I'm not sure I can return it. Could I get the bar for it? Our do I get the regular screen that's cheaper. It for sure won't be ready for my trip which is a bummer.

Thanks
    IMG_20190719_122717.jpg IMG_20190719_122753.jpg
  7. Masterpotter

Masterpotter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have on on my GSA . Works better than stock but not a huge improvement. Be aware the hardware will remove itself if you don’t use thread locker.
    Also not the screen you want If doing a lot of off road.
    Ugly but form follows function.
  8. GetBackOn

GetBackOn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Since mine turned out to not have the bar I am returning it. Got the regular Puig on order. Found it for just $100 which is more what I wanted to spend. It is 4.75 inches taller. Will report back to you when I get it.

After a 6 hour ride at higher speeds I am hurting.
  9. GetBackOn

GetBackOn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I finally got the Windscreen on and a ridewith it. Reviews are accurate. Wish it was 1mm thicker and half inch taller. but it for sure helps and I feel worth the money.
    I got the dark tint. Looks blacked out in person. Surprised picture looks see through actually, it's really dark.
    IMG_20190907_181008.jpg