1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Doesn't anyone share tents?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by dcwn.45, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Benjava

Benjava ?

Oddometer:
    Waking up in the middle of the night and filling my gatorade bottle. Need I say more.:wink:
  2. Tetched

Tetched Local Village idiot

Oddometer:

:lol2
    I'm right there with ya bro.

The only time I share a tent is with my best half if she's along,
    BUT,
    I won't share my bike.She has to ride her own:lol3
  3. crosscountry

crosscountry Bear went over Mountain

Oddometer:
    that's alright. She can ride with me.:lol3
  4. TedShred

TedShred PHAT BASTARD

Oddometer:
    I snore loud enough to wake the dead. I try and give my riding budies plenty of space so they can sleep:D
  5. Slowrid-Der

Slowrid-Der Adventurer

Oddometer:
    BrokeBack Riding? [​IMG]
  6. Bill 310

Bill 310 Poser Emeritus Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I see everyone has dodged the REAL answer.

Have you seen how most of us look? :becca

Do you know how many of the guys on here are single and never get laid? :tough

The reason guys don't share tents is they all dream of the night the car load of Playboy Bunnies, Nuns, Cheerleaders, etc breaks down on the highway and one of the women decides to make the beast of two backs :kat with some lonely loser of an ADVRIDER.

Sexual Optimism - It is for this very reason why men sleep in separate tents. :drif

Even KLR riders do this even though they know it costs an extra $1.77 in gas for every 10,000 miles they ride with their own tent. :lol3
  7. Jamie Z

Jamie Z I'm serious. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've been on a several month long trip with a good friend, and we shared a tent. It was a lot easier to set up one tent, rather than two. We had a routine each night... one guy set up the tent, the other carry gear and start getting dinner ready. Things got done faster that way.

We brought two tents with us, and that was on the chance that we wanted separate tents, for whatever reason. We used it a couple of times, but not to sleep separately. It just fit better in certain terrain. We never needed separate tents. :cry

Privacy? The guy was like a brother to me. We had sufficient space in the tent... Privacy for what? 'Fraid the other guy will see your polka dot drawers?

I went on another several month long trip with three other guys. I'd never met two of them before the trip. We used separate tents on that trip. Having separate tents worked fine, but if we'd had to share, I'd have been fine with that.

Y'all are too finicky. You do what you gotta do.

Jamie
  8. Tetched

Tetched Local Village idiot

Oddometer:
    :poser
  9. Slowrid-Der

Slowrid-Der Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey, it's a little indulgent. But I made up the $1.77 and then some when I made my own magnetic plug. :thumb
  10. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Sir Loin of Biff

Oddometer:
    Yep. I don't buy no lemon Gatorade on camping/cycle touring/bike trips.
    Just sayin.

I got a five-pound tent. I'd share it with a small person (my 11.5-year-old, fer example) but not an adult. You gotta hvae space.
  11. markjenn

markjenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    I get the "willing to share" vs. "not willing to share" attitude is almost a step-function with age. I shared on camping trips in my 20's without a 2nd thought, but everything works against you when you get older: size, flexibility, how often you get up in the middle of the night, how well your plumbing works, snoring, etc.

- Mark
  12. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer Super Supporter

Oddometer:

I've never understood the pee-in-a-bottle thing. Messy. I would never do that, I just get up and go outside. Even when winter camping.
  13. screwit

screwit One more time

Oddometer:
    This thread was obviously started by someone who has never shared a tent, (for very long at least).
  14. dcwn.45

dcwn.45 Frozen Rider

Oddometer:
    Not true , on a trip last June , we had a 6-man tent my Dad has and we slept 2 or 3 in it and it was ok. We are zipped in our own sleeping bags [ no spooning]

I am planning a trip this summer to the canadian rockies and the number of us will change mid trip so I am thinking I will bring my 2 man Eureka Timberline and , if I need to, by brother can crash with me.

We camp together a lot when hunting and it's not been a problem.

I was just wondering what others do.
  15. RR-

RR- =====

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  16. Dags

Dags I'm not British

Oddometer:
    I've done two extended trips.

One was meant to be for a year in a tent with a friend (man) - bad idea - we wanted to kill eachother and didn't talk for a few years.

The next was with the wife in a tent for 8 months - seemed to work pretty good. The wife wore earplugs to sleep every night:D

I think two small tents pretty much equal one good quality 3 man in packing space.
  17. intothenew

intothenew Briar Patch Navigator

Oddometer:
    I carry a two man for me and ALL my stuff. Rain, snow, and many unforeseen circumstances require the room for bringing my extras in to the nest. We do have contigency plans for extreme cold to all nest in one and store gear in what is left.

I have spent every hunting season for the last 25 years sharing either a one room cabin or a GP LARGE tent with from four to fifteen guys. We always make sure there is room for gear in the trucks or other small tents.

It's just a practical thing.
  18. onebaduce

onebaduce .

Oddometer:
    Neal: Del?
    Del: Hmmmm
    Neal: Why did you kiss my ear?
    Del: Why are you holding my hand?
    Neal: Where's your other hand?
    Del: Between two pillows.
    Neal: Those aren't pillows! :rofl :rofl

Great Movie!!
  19. dcsdiego

dcsdiego Traveler, Adventure Rider

Oddometer:
    Nobody mentioned slapin the ol monkey...
    Ive been on some remote 2 weekers with no women. Can't say I ever used a gaderade bottle for that though. Baby wipes are nice cuz the next morning you don't have to explain the sizzle sound when you toss it into the campfire coals.

I guess if I had to share a tent with a buddy I could do a stealth pitch into his bandanna but don't think I could keep a straight face when he tied it around his head in the morning.
  20. Uncle Pollo

Uncle Pollo Bad Hombre

Oddometer:

:wave