Dogs on Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Photos' started by gec343, Feb 24, 2013.

1. ThePackTrack

ThePackTrack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just been catching up on this thread, been busy finishing our Africa trip and then needed to work since we were completely broke when we returned to Europe.

The dogs loved Africa and had no problems getting back into Europe and the UK. We flew from Egypt to France and then took the ferry to the UK. The UK require dogs to go as cargo rather than checked luggage and we don't trust transport companies with our dogs so want to have them with us until the very last minute, so a flight into Paris, one way hire car to the ferry, ferry as a foot passenger and then train to London. That was back in December and we still haven't prepared our bikes to ride legally in the UK, Africa did kind of kill them a little but they can be fixed once we find the time.

20170719_120442.jpg
    20170922_144133.jpg
    20171126_105751.jpg
    20171126_110307.jpg
    We were all very tired by this stage but still excited, we'd been doing it tough in Africa for over 12 months and travelled through 25 countries from Morocco down to South Africa and back up.

Our Dog Carrier project is back up and running, we've secured a government assisted startup loan to allow us to go straight into production rather then trying Kickstarter again. Unfortunately we've probably missed the riding season but will start sales anyway and offering a huge discount to anyone who preorders. The carrier is made entirely in the UK and I've been working with some of the best engineering companies in Europe to ensure the quality of the product.

To receive email updates and the preorder discount you need to register at ThePackTrack.com.
    Uke, Clem Fandango, WDG and 9 others like this.
  2. dogjaw

dogjaw plays well alone

Oddometer:
    Follow the packtrack on Instagram as well; if I ever start traveling with as smaller dog than Charlie Bravo, I may have to consider one of their rigs myself... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Uke, JimRidesThis, lrgart and 8 others like this.
  3. 1stgenfarmboy

1stgenfarmboy The Sherpa Man

Oddometer:
    Kind of makes you wonder if CB ever goes back in her mind to the hell she lived through and thinks " man I sure do have a good life now"

Because she has truly been on both sides of the fence.
    Uke, lrgart, Wierdrider and 2 others like this.
  4. dogjaw

dogjaw plays well alone

Oddometer:
    I've taken her back out to "the spot" many times on our trips through there to scope out any other possible dumpees, and you would think that the big doofus was going to Disneyland for all the angst she shows... her book is coming out this week, as soon as we get the cover issues resolved; self publishing is a beeyotch [​IMG][​IMG]

Uke, lrgart, JagLite and 5 others like this.
  5. gec343

gec343 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Will the book be on Kindle too?
    dogjaw likes this.
  6. shakeybone

shakeybone Long timer

Oddometer:
    Let us know when the book is available and how to get it. I want one.
    Uke, dogjaw, JagLite and 1 other person like this.
  7. dogjaw

dogjaw plays well alone

Oddometer:
    Yep, just as soon as I get the cover squared away... and to think that the whole story started right here on ADV with a post on JoMomma, "insert your rant here". I was prepared to take it in the flanks from those guys in the basement, but still just had to vent; to my surprise, those FF's manned up like I have never seen, and I give them full credit for helping save Charlie's life. Now she has 27k followers on her FB page, but the guys and gals over here are my blood, and I'll never forget it. Charke the effing diem... [​IMG]

Uke, lrgart, JagLite and 4 others like this.
  8. dogjaw

dogjaw plays well alone

Oddometer:
    Uke and Wierdrider like this.
  9. ThePackTrack

Oddometer:
    How was the self publishing route? I might have to chat to you about doing something similar. No time at the moment though, will be a few years probably, we have a lot more travel to do yet anyway. Can't wait to have a read.

Sent by my
  10. dogjaw

dogjaw plays well alone

Oddometer:
    PM or call me any time, don't want to derail the thread anymore than I already have... I will say that it appears that, as in most things in life, the deck is always stacked in favor of the house; I decided to go the self publishing route as I could do print-on-demand and not have to buy a closet full of inventory. The downside is that the profit margins are not where I think they should be, but there you go. anyone else that has any input on this, would love to hear it...

Now, back to the pics....

ThePackTrack and JagLite like this.
  11. ThePackTrack

Oddometer:
    20170430_171256.jpg
    Serra da Leba, Angola

20170507_163840.jpg
    In the middle of Nowhere, Namibia (we did eventually find Elephants, a huge herd crossed in front of us, luckily the dogs stayed quiet).

20170619_124147.jpg
    Cape Agulhas, South Africa

20171020_120037_1.jpg
    Ethiopia
    2up ADV, flei, Uke and 4 others like this.
  12. ThePackTrack

Oddometer:
    Then there was this day, we managed to get a free ride on a military plane in Angola. The photo's were not allowed so were done on the low down and not as good as we'd of liked. There were hordes of people on the flight with us that we believed were illegal immigrants from the DRC but we don't really know.

20170428_100827.jpg 20170428_100855.jpg 20170428_102714.jpg 20170428_125417.jpg
    The dogs sat in the Hilux with some friends we'd made no long before.

For the landing I had to stand outside the Hilux, when will you ever have another opportunity to stand completely unsecured during a landing.
    Uke, JagLite, 1stgenfarmboy and 4 others like this.
  13. ThePackTrack

Oddometer:

That was a long day, we didn't include the GoPro footage in that video so here it is raw, we ended up riding side by side at 20km/hr for the last 25km, we got to our destination exhausted and drenched but proud we'd done it.

JagLite likes this.
  14. bete

bete misguided adventurer

Oddometer:
    Waiting out a little rain under a big tree. 20180726_155537-1.jpg
  15. enduro16

enduro16 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    20180725_184338.jpg
    Uke, NxtGoRnd, lrgart and 2 others like this.
  16. ThePackTrack

Oddometer:
    I compiled the various legislations from Europe, the US and Australia after being told many times (by the misinformed) that having a dog on a motorbike was illegal in certain countries. I've searched long and hard and I'm yet to find any policy anywhere that states such laws, if anyone has more information then please let me know and if anyone has a policy that can be added to my list please share. I've tried to only use links to government websites so that I'm quoting fact and not someone else's interpretation.

Click the link below to view the list.

LEGISLATION REGARDING DOGS ON MOTORCYCLES
    [​IMG]
    NxtGoRnd, WDG and JagLite like this.
  17. 893cv

893cv Adventurer

Oddometer:
    20180807_203118.jpg .
    Dao1, Uke, JagLite and 2 others like this.
  18. IronButt70

IronButt70 You don't have to be crazy to do this but it helps

Oddometer:
    IMG_0473[1].jpg Just some I’ve captured during my travels.

Attached Files:

19. fotokrvo

fotokrvo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I shot this at a recent ride it. That's one luxury accommodation!
    royal-9624-Edit.jpg
    diegosaenz, Dao1, JagLite and 3 others like this.
  20. Jimmythechiz

Jimmythechiz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Was that one on here quite a while ago? I recognize the dog.This pic shows it better.