Dogs on Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Photos' started by gec343, Feb 24, 2013.

1. bodine003

bodine003 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oct. 2018 @ Two Wheels of Suches GA. Max and I riding around for a week. We even went to Dawsonville to the pool hall for a Bully Burger and after the Georgia Motorsports Hall of Fame. Awesome Bill from Dawsonville son Chase and runnin' shine on Hwy.9 Maxie loves DSCN0405 (1).JPG DSCN0431.JPG motorbike'n DSCN0419 (3).JPG !!
    2up ADV, wbunt, 1stgenfarmboy and 6 others like this.
  2. KimPeek

KimPeek n00b

Oddometer:
    Greetings from Poland. This awesome thread inspired me to refresh my DIY skills. I purchased an used aluminum basket as a base of the project.

[​IMG]

Works began from cutting with fully approval of Rufus (my 5yrs old SBT).

[​IMG]

First fitting on the bike 1956 ISH49 - “chariot body” mounted in the place of passenger seat.

[​IMG]

After getting final shape I riveted basket walls together, reinforced floor by riveting 4mm PA11 plate and installing harness mounting point (not on the picture), reinforced wall’s edges by welding some kind of U-shape profile and two additional struts.

[​IMG]

Final touch

[​IMG]

Ready for test ride

[​IMG]

And finally discovering a new joy from riding

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you for inspiration.
  3. Three Crates

Three Crates Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    WP_20180808_19_46_24_Pro (2).jpg WP_20180808_17_46_44_Pro.jpg
    2up ADV, MYUMPH, lrgart and 11 others like this.
  4. NxtGoRnd

NxtGoRnd This Time Around, Wearing Out Tires Supporter

Oddometer:
    Awesome!
  5. ThePackTrack

ThePackTrack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Weeti at Corfe Castle in England.jpg

Great news, the Pillion Pooch is now available for Pre-Order!!

Pre-Order and receive a 30% discount off the purchase price. Simply use the link below to take you to our site and the discount will be automatically applied during the checkout process. Note, the discount will not show until the checkout process begins. If the discount is not applied then type EARLYDOG in manually during checkout. This discount is only valid until the end of September. But shipping will be prioritised in order of payment so get in early to make sure you are among the first to receive your Pillion Pooch.

If you are willing to partake in a series of post sales surveys and help us learn how best to serve our customers then you will be eligible to join the Early Adopters Club (EAC). EAC members will enjoy the following added benefits(1):
    • Lifetime warranty on metal(2) and hard plastic components
    • 5 year accident replacement(3)
    • Invitation to join our generous affiliate program(4)
    We have an extensive colour range, but this is only available for pre-orders and needs to end before we place the order with the manufacturer. Thereafter the 23rd of September the colour choice will be restricted to 2 options.

Pre-Ordering Instructions

Follow the 'shop' link below. The price will be displayed without the discount at this stage, you will simply select a colour and click add to cart. From here you can click Continue to cart where you can confirm your order and checkout. During checkout is where you can enter the discount code EARLYDOG; however, if you follow the link provided this should be automatically activated and you should now be seeing the discounted price.

SHOP
    Shipping

We have ensured that our suppliers give us worse-case delivery dates. So although it is likely we will be in a position to ship earlier, a reasonable target is mid to late October.

For more details on shipping, including rates and estimated delivery times, check out our Delivery Policy.

Customs Duty and Taxes

For international customers, all customs costs will be calculated and collected at checkout. Our courier will provide a door to door service and take care of all clearances, providing fast and seamless shipping to destinations all around the world.

Further information can again be found in the Delivery Policy.

Mounting

There has been a lot of questions about mounting, please read the section towards the bottom of the product page that provides some details about mounting. A comprehensive video on mounting will be emailed to all subscribed members prior to delivery. This video will address various means of mounting using different styles of racks.

Contact

If you have any questions at all please contact us.

Stu Clarke

Terms and Conditions
    1. To be eligible for post sale benefits you must complete a number of short surveys designed to give us feedback on the customer experience. Surveys will include ordering, unpacking and initial impressions, installation, dog acceptance and feelings after 3 months; Some post sale benefits may become available to all at a later date.
    2. Excluding fasteners and clips which are easily obtained in most locations but will be covered under the standard warranty.
    3. Police accident report required to claim; Any evidence of deliberate damage voids the claim; Damaged Pillion Pooch to be returned; All shipping charges payable by customer.
    4. 20% of the pretax sales price for every Pillion Pooch sold via your affiliate link will be paid to you; Commission subject to change with 30 days notice; Cookies used to track affiliate link usage and maintained for 30 days, so customers can return anytime within 30 days and you will still register as the affiliate provided no other affiliate link was used in the meanwhile; Additional Terms and Conditions will apply and will be made clear at the time of registration.
    cgguy09 and JagLite like this.
  6. Uke

Uke visualist Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    You might give some thought to moving this to the Vendors section and perhaps adding a link in the signature of your posts.

weldingrod, cgguy09 and ThePackTrack like this.
  7. ThePackTrack

Oddometer:
    Cheers, I've now posted in the Vendors section and changed my signature.
    JagLite and Uke like this.
  8. Dao1

Dao1 Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. Jimmythechiz

Jimmythechiz Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I guess the title could have been a bit fancier?
  10. ThePackTrack

Oddometer:
    Playback is disabled. Works in YouTube though.

Nice bit of kit.

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 4.52.00 pm.png
    Jimmythechiz likes this.
  11. Jimmythechiz

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads-up.I'll see if I can change a setting in youtube?

Edit:
    I "allowed embedding" I think it will play properly now?
    Thanks for your help!
    ThePackTrack likes this.
  12. random1781

random1781 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wish I had seen this thread earlier, there are some great concepts/designs here. We just got back from a 13k mile trip with our guy and definitely need something permanent for him....

HDR0.jpg

HDR1.jpg

HDR2.jpg
    2up ADV, MYUMPH, jonnyutah and 12 others like this.
  13. Jimmythechiz

Oddometer:
  14. Flydream

Flydream King of the Atlantic

Oddometer:
    fullsizeoutput_1909.jpeg
    DonniBoi, Uke, 1stgenfarmboy and 4 others like this.
  15. KimPeek

KimPeek n00b

Oddometer:
    Season is almost finished for me and Rufus. It was the best season ever. We slowly increased distances up to 200km daily with no issues. Looking forward for the next year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    2up ADV, wbunt, DonniBoi and 5 others like this.
  16. DonniBoi

DonniBoi Out of my element Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here's miss molly out at Jenner Ca

IMG_20181113_125146~01.jpg
    2up ADV, 'Rett Butler, GDani and 10 others like this.
  17. Jon E

Jon E n00b

Oddometer:
    073.jpg 001.jpg 005.jpg 041.jpg My friend Marko4 love to travel with me on my dirt bike. After a long ride, he enjoy a sleep in daddy's jacket on the ferry to Lysefjorden. :-) Remember to put glasses on! I use Bagster Puppy tank bag, and Rex Spexs glasses.
    2up ADV, GDani, 1stgenfarmboy and 8 others like this.
  18. sallydog

sallydog https://sallydog.smugmug.com/Pets/LD-Travel/

Oddometer:
    My faithful companion LittleDog got cancer after 150000 miles and 3 times around the country. His last ride to the vet was a sad day....

ld last ride2.jpg

ld last ride1.jpg
    Grek, GDani, EVLED and 3 others like this.
  19. sallydog

sallydog https://sallydog.smugmug.com/Pets/LD-Travel/

Oddometer:
    The replacement. 8 month old rescue "Ryder" filled the hole in my heart

42660529_10156913932638729_9198922995651837952_o.jpg 42699020_10156913935043729_2286507538893504512_o.jpg 20180905_121520.jpg
    Grek, Oldschoolrocker, YJake and 16 others like this.
  20. gec343

gec343 Long timer

Oddometer:
    SallyDog

You have my sincerest sympathies in the loss of that wonderful companion. My dog, Pugsley in now 12 and slowing down greatly so we just make short rides around the area. We toured over 80,000 together. I cannot imagine riding without him.