Donnie and Modesta 2017 - Mexico and Beyond

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by dwj - Donnie, Jan 5, 2017.

1. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    North Carrollton, MS - Traveling on the Moto
    [​IMG]

Strawberries for sale.

Fresas por vende.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    We are only 110 miles from home now.

Estamos a solo 110 millas de casa ahora.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Many flowers for sale along side the road in preparation for Day of the Dead celebration.

Muchas flores en venta a lo largo del camino en preparación para la celebración del Día de los Muertos.

[​IMG]
  5. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Modesta likes to travel and enjoys experiencing new things, but seeing this sign when we return always makes her very happy! Guerrero is the state where we live part of the time and is where she was born and raised along with her family and children.

A Modesta le gusta viajar y le gusta experimentar cosas nuevas, ¡pero ver este letrero cuando volvemos siempre la hace muy feliz! Guerrero es el estado donde vivimos parte del tiempo y es el lugar donde nació y se crió junto con su familia y sus hijos.
    roadcapDen likes this.
  6. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
  7. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    We were gone 55 days on this trip. We were at family or friends house for 22 of the days and in hotels the other 32 days. According to the moto odometer we traveled 11,211 miles or 18,042 kilometers. We will make a quick trip to Mississippi/Texas in the car the first couple weeks of December. The next scheduled moto trip begins December 27. We will be touring Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama.

Nos fuimos 55 días en este viaje. Estuvimos en casa de familiares o amigos durante 22 días y en hoteles los otros 32 días. Según el odómetro de la moto, viajamos 11,211 millas o 18,042 kilómetros. Haremos un viaje rápido a Mississippi/Texas en el automóvil las primeras dos semanas de diciembre. El próximo viaje programado comenzará el 27 de diciembre. Recorreremos Belice, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica y Panamá.

Beginning
    [​IMG]

Ending
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    Motorius, Grynch and jonz like this.
  8. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    Did the tires get you all the way back home? Great trip.. nice meeting you both.
    dwj - Donnie likes this.
  9. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:

Yes they did! :-) We have put 3,174 miles on them since you gave them to me and they still have life left, especially the front. Thanks again! :clap
  10. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:

Hi! I think I answered your questions in the post #1608 above. While you are waiting on our next trip, take one yourself! Stop by and see us!
    Southtxwingman likes this.
  11. Southtxwingman

Southtxwingman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes I saw whats in store as for your next trip, Thanks, you and Mode get some rest and enjoy your off time.. We'll keep an eye out for you trip south from there. Thanks for all the pictures and explaining you do, must be a lot of work. Take care and be careful.....
    dwj - Donnie likes this.
  12. RW66

RW66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good to see your home safe. We are in DF right now. Hope to see you tomorrow evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SavannahCapt and dwj - Donnie like this.
  13. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    A little information I left out of the report for last Ride. We visited 15 US states on this ride, which brings the states in which Modesta has traveled to 16. We also visited 5 Pueblo Magicos in Mexico, which brings our today visited to 55. There are currently approximately 112 Pueblo Magicos in Mexico.

Un poco de información que dejé fuera del informe para el último viaje. Visitamos 15 estados de Estados Unidos en este viaje, que lleva a los estados en los que Modesta ha viajado a 16. También visitamos 5 Pueblo Mágicos en México, lo que lleva nuestro visitado hoy a 55. Actualmente hay aproximadamente 112 Pueblo Mágicos en México.
    roadcapDen likes this.
  14. RW66

RW66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Donnie. Haven’t seen you post for a while. What you up to? On the 15 of Nov we packed up for a 3 day trip to go to McAllen and 15 days latter we got home after traveling through the states of Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, California, Arizona, and New Mexico.
    Hope your able to enjoy this season with family.

dwj - Donnie likes this.
  15. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    We are on the road in the USA, but we are in the car, so I have not posted anything here. I have put a bit on my Facebook. We will return to Mexico the 15th or so and be headed toward Panama Dec 28. When are y'all returning to Iguala?
    Southtxwingman likes this.
  16. RW66

RW66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don’t think we will be back in Iguala for a couple of years. We are heading to MxCd on the 30th and we will be in the mission training center there on Jan 2 for a week or so then we’re headed to San Fernado Valley Cal. For a year and a half. So I think it will be close to 2 years before we are back. We will miss having lunch with you guys at the gira sol by the lake. I really like that place.

dwj - Donnie and SkizzMan like this.
  17. Southtxwingman

Southtxwingman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well the count down is getting down to give or take three week awesome. My better half took a heck of a setback so pretty much got me and bike in moth balls been I guess almost three weeks. So my friend and Mode I’m looking forward to following your next great adventure coming up soon. If I got it right your in the States in a car that’s good heck it snowed in Corpus here in south Texas. But just wanted to say hi to you two and have a good one. You’ll be in my thoughts and prayers for and on your next trip. Dile a Modesta Feliz Navidad y Feliz Año Nuevo. Dios los bendiga a los dos.
    dwj - Donnie likes this.
  18. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    We returned yesterday from an eighteen day, 4,500 mile trip to the USA. BUT IT WAS IN THE CAR, SO NO REPORT. Other than I want to add that we visited five more Pueblo Magicos during the trip. Included was Aculco, Mexico; Jalpa, León, Gto.; Linares, Nuevo Leon; Santiago, N/Leon; and Ciudad Mier, Tamp. We enjoyed Aculco the most, but did not stay the night. It is o our normal route traveling to the USA, so we will pan to stay over a night there in the future. We have now been to 60 of the Pueblo Magicos.

We will be headed out on the moto for Panama Dec 28!
  19. Romero

Romero At Cinépolis or OXXO

Oddometer:
    very nice!!! I can't wait...beautiful time of year to ride!!

viaja seguro

Romero
    dwj - Donnie likes this.
  20. ex_MGB

ex_MGB Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to blast off to Central America!
    dwj - Donnie likes this.