Dork and JMetteer in the Great White North

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Squints, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Squints

Squints Adventurer

Oddometer:
    GWN ADVriders,

Dork and Jmetteer are in Fairbanks today and Headed to Pruhoe bay in the next couple of days.

I just got a call from them and they were wondering if anyone in the area has a place they can stash some gear for the trip to Deadhorse and back.

If anyone can help here is JMetteer's # 1 (360) 600-5826

Safe travels Jmetteer and Dork.

Thanks for the help,
    Squints
  2. helikron

helikron The Fixer

Oddometer:
    Yes.

(907) 978-3603
  3. Squints

Squints Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the quick reply Helikron. I just sent a PM to AkJason after seeing his offer on another thread. I will call Jake with your number.
  4. KL5A

KL5A Bugs are the new black

Oddometer:
    Are they heading down towards the Anchorage/Wasilla area?
  5. Squints

Squints Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :dunno

According to Jake they have no set plans at this time. They are plenty ahead of schedule so anything is an option.

He is going to keep me posted and I will post any updates in this thread.

Squints
  6. KL5A

KL5A Bugs are the new black

Oddometer:
    I'm "Gnomad" over on Trail Pilgrim, so would like to say hi to them if they get this way.
  7. helikron

helikron The Fixer

Oddometer:
    Jake and Randall got to my house this morning for some computer time and to adjust their gear for the Dalton run, shedding extra weight. Nice to meet both of you, and Safe Travels!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Headed North for Deadhorse or somewhere that direction... back in a day or two or three.
    Engines on,

[​IMG]

And out'a here!

[​IMG]
  8. AKJason

AKJason Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cool, Fairbanks hospitality!

Hi Helikron, I live farther out the ridge. It'd be nice to meet you for a ride sometime. You'll have to stick to pavement though, I don't have my DRZ yet and the wife seems to think buying one bike is enough for this summer. :huh
  9. helikron

helikron The Fixer

Oddometer:
    Ditto, Jason,

620 Yak

PM and we can make something work out.

Welcome aboard!
  10. Squints

Squints Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for letting them stash the stuff and for the update and pics Helikron. Good to see they are doing good and having fun.

Squints
  11. AceRph

AceRph Retired slacker

Oddometer:
    Was EthanE with 'em?
  12. helikron

helikron The Fixer

Oddometer:

Only in spirit, Roger...

Hey Brudda, yooze coming up on the AlCan5000 or am I gonna hafta draft you for the '07 Dust to Dawson??? Either way, the lodge is always open for you.

:ear
  13. AceRph

AceRph Retired slacker

Oddometer:
    :lol3

Gonna be up there around the 23rd of August. Can't wait! :ricky

Thank you for the offer. As the time gets a little closer, plans will firm up.
  14. helikron

helikron The Fixer

Oddometer:
    Right ON, Roger! :clap

The AC5K looks to be a blast, and let me know what the rally lodging situation is at that time; you're welcome to stay here/stash gear/have a beer.

I got a call from Dan (the Georgian) from Coldfoot last night; he had a puncture and wasn't able to get a plug to set up and hold air, so Matt was riding ahead to find a remedy. They hadn't met Dork and JMett, but w/ all the sidings and rest/overlooks, it's not impossible that they crossed paths and missed by 5 minutes! They're on the prowl now, and hopefully we'll hear from all of 'em today.
    The weather is still holding, but they had a few rain showers that barely slowed them down. Randall and Jake were pretty cautious about the road if it got wet, so here's hoping that they didn't reverse course on account of a couple of sprinkles!

Aug 23rd... :vardy in the mornings... pack a 'lectric vest??
  15. Squints

Squints Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Word is Jake and Randall were in Prudhoe bay yesterday AM and were going to take a couple of days coming back. I think the trip up took its toll on them. I dont know when they were planning on leaving though. If I catch any news I will update.
  16. helikron

helikron The Fixer

Oddometer:
    Squints,

Have them contact me for house access if they're going to be in FAI after late morning tomorrow... I'm going fishing unless the hammer drops and I can't.

They can still get to their gear and so on... just won't be able to feed them any beer and recap the stories.

907-978-3603

The Georgians made it back in this morning after tire problems and sleep deprivation. Both of 'em are sacked out now, perhaps headed out tomorrow.
  17. jmetteer

jmetteer Filler...

Oddometer:
    Back in Fairbanks at Helikrons after a great run at the Dalton... 44 hours start to finish, on the minute. :clap What a ride!

The bikes got some love today and we had some great eats and a little riding this evening. Dork cut the trip short and headed for home today, he plans on being in Vegas by Tuesday, I hope he makes it safe and sound.

Pictures here!!

Thanks Helikron for the hospitality!!!:freaky

Later,
  18. AKTroy

AKTroy BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer:
    Small world! I had to shuttle a fellow railroader to Healy today. Stopped at the Chevron in Cantwell and a Strom pulled up with a nasty hole in the windsheild! Started to just drive by and saw the ADV sticker on the back! Had a feeling and sure enough, AKTroy meet JMetteer. This sites getting scary!
  19. jmetteer

jmetteer Filler...

Oddometer:
    It is a small world, aint it. :D I ended up at the 53 mile mark of the Denali Highway last night and knocked on the door of a little cabin with a wrecked up weestrom out front. I ended up sharing the room with a guy named Jason (or was it John :baldy), he had a major crash on the Dempster and had to do some patch work to get the Wee back on the road. He posts here some but I didn't catch his user name.

I ended up doing the rest of the Denali Hwy and the Taylor/Top of the world hwy to Dawson City today.

(Jason/John PM me if you see this I forgot to give you my contact info or email me at myADVusername@gmail.com) You have a place to crash and work on the bike if needed when you get to Washington.

Later,
  20. Squints

Squints Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Keep us updated through this thread when you can. Funny you never mentioned Randall leaving when I talked to you the other day.:pissed Ride safe, have fun and call me when you can.