1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Dork does America for a measly $40.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Dork, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Mulekick

Mulekick 2.7 on Fu Man Chu

Oddometer:
    WTH I'm free.......

PM me with the details.....

Fuck Dork........I'm gonna.....:1drink
  2. SPOONER

SPOONER Adventurer

Oddometer:
    what u don't see in this pic is.........
    [​IMG]
    the choke collar around dorks neck:whip
    (dorks the one in the middle of the pic laying on the ground)
  3. new chick

new chick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was holding him up!!!
  4. new chick

Oddometer:
    hey spooner where's rachel???
  5. SPOONER

SPOONER Adventurer

Oddometer:
    dang it i think i lost her again. let me check the bushes:rofl
  6. new chick

Oddometer:
    :evil :rofl
  7. new chick

Oddometer:
    My guess is he can’t figure out how his wireless connection works… The extent of him testing it before he left was from his own apartment… Maybe he should have ventured further off…
  8. jmetteer

jmetteer Filler...

Oddometer:
    Maybe they haven't heard of the "internet" in Montana. :hide

:lol3

I figure it will take him a few tries to figure things out, he is kind of new at this. :D He has been riding street bikes for like 15 months now, and has camped from the bike like three times now. Oh, crap what did we do? :eek1

Later,
  9. Mulekick

Mulekick 2.7 on Fu Man Chu

Oddometer:
    Kinda new??The fuck you say!!!
    I'll have you know that Dork lives up to his name..........:deal

[​IMG]

Yep thats right!!!

DORK!
  10. Meathead

Meathead tin man

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  11. new chick

Oddometer:
    THAT'S JUST GREAT!!! He should be further than montana...
  12. jmetteer

jmetteer Filler...

Oddometer:
    Nah, Montana is a big state and if he is sticking to the 250-300 miles a day he would be about 2/3 across the top part of MT. He can do it! :D

Later,
  13. new chick

Oddometer:
    I talked to him... He can't post he is going to try later on today... He is 100 miles away from the Rocky Mountains he says..
  14. MaddBrit

MaddBrit Now officially a Yank.

Oddometer:
    Nevada Times - Wednesday August 31st

Sheriffs at Tonopah, NV today arrested a man acting suspiciously at the 'Trixie Dixie' Chicken Ranch under very strange circumstances..

The tall young man who was sporting a prison style 'back and sides' haircut, was causing havoc at the ranch whilst moving from room to room naked wearing nothing but his laptop computer.

When challenged the man who called himself 'Mr Dork' explained that he was desperate to get a wireless connection as he had some very important pictures he needed to share with someone called 'Jo Momma'.

Police now have him in custody pending $2M bail. The local Shriffs Deputy fears he may be suffering from memory loss as hes insisted he is a homeless person and that someone by the name of 'New Chick' will vouch for him..
  15. Motoplaner

Motoplaner PNW Heel Rounder

Oddometer:

Shit, I didn't think he'd really actually do that. At least Tab'll be happy to know he won't get rained on now.
  16. Gonzo

Gonzo Tarsnake charmer.

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  17. toothy

toothy Grin

Oddometer:

You can do it, hang in there girl. From what I could tell you've got some good buds there to keep your spirits up. You've also got some strong allies in the Northwest Adv crowd if you need it. Dork'll be fine.
  18. Dork

Dork hallelujah

Oddometer:
    I left Medical Lake at 12 o’clock. I spent most of the morning uploading pictures through a dial up connection. It took me 4 hours. I hope I find more wireless spots. Dial up is a killer. :bluduh

This picture was taken just past Spokane, WA on I-90 heading East.
    [​IMG]

This picture shows my radar detector receiving a signal. It went off at least 8 or 9 times as I rode through Spokane.

[​IMG]
    I made it to Idaho without any problems via I-90. I exited at Coeur d’Alene and went North on hwy 95.

[​IMG]

At the first stop light I pulled up behind this fella. I started thinking how crappy it would be if one of those logs were to roll off the truck. Then I remembered that I’d been here before, so nothings going to happen, yet.

[​IMG]
    Further down the road I come across this amusement park, Silverwood. That roller coaster is huge. I remember going on that roller coaster once when I was about 8.

[​IMG]

Right before I reached the luscious city of Sandpoint I crossed lake Pend Oreille.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then as I was leaving Sandpoint I saw this building. It looked like it had fallen down or something. It was probably demolished on purpose. Either way, it looks cool to me.

[​IMG]

I kept seeing these railroad ties laying on the ground next to the railroad. Those wood stacks went on for miles. It didn’t make sense to me.

[​IMG]

I stopped for some water and a snack in this little pull-out. It was super quiet until I took my helmet off. Then all I could hear was a rattling sound. Is was coming from everywhere. I wondered if there were rattle snakes in this part of the country so I walked over to investigate. I couldn’t see anything, but that rattling sure got louder. Then I saw little bugs jumping up real high. Maybe they were making the rattling noises?? I dunno.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think that is the Cabinet Mountains in the background. They are on the Idaho/Montana border. I know cause I looked it up in my atlas.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next stop, Montana.

[​IMG]

Once I got to the Montana border I decided I better start looking for a place to camp for the night. I drove a few miles and found a dirt road that looked like it could have some nice seclusion. I drove down the road a ways, about a ½ mile, before I came to a fork in the road.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I walked down the left fork about 200 feet before it came to a dead end. Looked like a nice place to camp. However, I better go see what lies down the other path.

I walked halfway down the other path before I turned around to get my bike. This path also came to a dead end and has an even better place to pitch a tent. Now, all I need to do is scrape the loose limps and debris out of the way with my trusted shovel and ‘presto’ I have a camp site. Good thing I brought the shovel...
    [​IMG]

The camp site.
    [​IMG]

I pulled everything off the bike and started laying it out on some plastic that my cousins husband gave me. (He thought of everything that I didn’t)
    [​IMG]

As I was sorting through my over abundance of crap I looked up to see an old man with a dog walking towards me.

-me, "Hey, how’s it going?"
    -old man, "Not too bad. Nice out here."
    -me, "Yep, it sure is."
    -old man, "huh, what’s that you say?"
    -man, "I say, it sure is nice out here."
    -old man, "yep"
    -me, "You camping around here?"
    -old man, "oh no, I just live over yonder. Takin my dog out for a walk."
    -me,"That’s a fine looking dog. Well, have a good day."
    -old man, "Yep, you have a good one too feller"

You can see the old man in the middle of the picture wearing a blue shirt.
    [​IMG]

When he left my heart started beating again. Then I went back to setting up my camp.
    [​IMG]

Camp Dork!!
    [​IMG]
  19. Dork

Dork hallelujah

Oddometer:
    To all who think I am packing too much...

It's all staying on the bike!! So, shut up!! :lol3
  20. Dork

Dork hallelujah

Oddometer:
    My plan is to go through Wisconsin. But I will probably be there before you get on the road, so I can always meet up with you in Minnissota or ??? Any place is a good place for me.