Dr. Bean's 950 fuel pump kits

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Dr_Bean, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Dr_Bean

Dr_Bean Dr_Bean

Oddometer:
    SOLD OUT.

Summer stop.

No more kits available till ..., ? Mid of August.

before you ask... No, I will NOT make a 'waiting' list :-). You can send me a message, but I will answer you only when there are new kits available.

regards
    Dr_Bean
    alon mad dog likes this.
  2. Dr_Bean

Dr_Bean Dr_Bean

Oddometer:
    more delay.. 2nd week of september expected.
  3. Jonny Cross Country

Jonny Cross Country n00b

Oddometer:
    Keep us posts on stock Dr Bean, I'm waiting to order one :thumbup
  4. Darren dreadhead

Darren dreadhead n00b

Oddometer:
    Me too
  5. Dr_Bean

Dr_Bean Dr_Bean

Oddometer:
    I will.. not clear yet
    Jéjé room likes this.
  6. Jéjé room

Jéjé room n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi!
    I'm waiting to order one too.
    See you soon

Bye
  7. Dr_Bean

Dr_Bean Dr_Bean

Oddometer:
    Hi,

I will get new kits in somewhere next week.
    Everyone who left me a PM should have an answer now: If not, please send me a new private message (click my picture and 'start conversation', allow answers otherwise I cannot answer you %-) )

Dr_Bean
  8. Dr_Bean

Dr_Bean Dr_Bean

Oddometer:
    all that ordered should have a confirmation message now. if not please contact me
  9. guns&coffee

guns&coffee Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would be interested in a kit as well here in sunny Prescott, AZ USA. The previous owner would just periodically replace his fuel pump so I have a couple of spare pumps to play with. My wife spent 25 yrs doing soldering on electronic circuit boards. Lot's of gov't contract work. Looking forward to trying this.
    I did the Pingel pump on my 04 950 years ago, but it was PITA. Would rather stick with stock pump on my SE.
    Let me know when you have one available.
  10. VittoXVIII

VittoXVIII Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I guess some water got in during the last few months of riding.
    I started my bike but the fuel pump fuse blow up, I checked with the voltometer and the fuel pump it's gone (short circuit)
    Before the mod there was no oxidation.

Is anything salvageable?
    I am pretty sure there's no crack with the fuel pump's cap, maybe the silicone that I used to seal everything wasn't good enough?

Attached Files:

11. Thirstywork

Thirstywork n00b

Oddometer:
    Got my kit a while back and installed just recently - Works like a charm! Total time to replace the stock pump for my 950 SM was 1 hr 45 min from start to finish (including some time cleaning up a fuel leak.. oops)

Thanks again! No more worrying about getting stuck on the side of the road like the last time the points went out...
  12. Dr_Bean

Dr_Bean Dr_Bean

Oddometer:
    The mod has nothing to do with the oxidation: You pump is flooded with water and then the water stayed inside. The reason for this is that you TRIED to seal it with sealant.
    This is exactly why I do NOT recommend that. (as described in the installation manual, and here in this thread too)

The original o-ring and rubber tule (cable feedthrough) is good if mounted correct; The vent hose is missing in you picture: if that is there it prevent water from running in, but lets pressure and air out. The original vent hose lets it drain, breath and dry.

whereas you will not be able to seal it properly ever with some silicone over the outside: you will seal-IN the water instead. moreover, incorrect silicone sealant is acid and causes heavy corrosion itself.

I bet you the kit is still working: Just rinse it with clean water and dishwash soap (HAND-dishwash): shake it out and leave to dry for a few days.

I don't know what you measured on the pump.. but if you measure the coil, you always see a 'short'that is normal... But with this much corrosion usually the pump-rod gets stuck ('frozen'). If you unscrew the kit you can try to pull the rod out and in (it should move about 2-3mm (1/10 Inch). Do NOT lupe it with oil... use dry-lube only (key-lock lubrication stuff)

ps.: Your pump would be the same with the original contact breakers now...
  13. Bushpig68

Bushpig68 n00b

Oddometer:
    I am really trying to get hold of you to purchase a Dr Bean fuel kit from you. I have tried to click on your photo but really not coming right. Thanks Bushpig68