DR350 Farkles!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Ro0K, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Ro0K

Ro0K Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Seat space is definitely lacking when with my wife has ridden with me. Luckily I've convinced her to get her own bike.

We're picky when it comes to handling and unnecessary weight so you shouldn't have to worry there. I plan on riding the TAT with this bike one day so an affordable solid luggage carrying capability is an absolute must.
  2. 2sos

2sos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If anyone is interested, here are some pictures of the shop and some of the machines.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. mellephants

mellephants loves dirtbikes

Oddometer:
    sikkkkkk :)
  4. SloMo228

SloMo228 World Class Cheapass

Oddometer:
    Awesome. I was just about to ask that when I read your post above mentioning a frame system. Count me in for a rack then and then I will eagerly await the frame system's arrival.

This is why I love this community - great folks like you two who use their talents to help out fellow riders! :clap

PS: any possibility of peg lowering brackets finding their way onto that list? I'll bet there are a lot of tall DR riders who'd thank you for those, too!
  5. 2sos

2sos Been here awhile

Oddometer:

That's great. We'll get you on the list. I have to tell you though that I can't give you an exact date when the frame will be ready but we are working on it.

Also, that is an awesome idea about the peg lowering brackets. That should be easy to do. How much would you want it lowered? We could make like 3 different sizes maybe 1", 2" 3" or something.
  6. AST236

AST236 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    SuWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock on dudes!!!!

I don't need a rack or airbox, but I'm in for some of the other upcoming items!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  7. Country Doc

Country Doc Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Nice work! I already have a rack and a Vortex, but I'll be up for some of the other items for sure!

dc
  8. SloMo228

Oddometer:
    No worries on the timeframe for the side brackets, I have gotten by this long with no rack at all so having a place to mount a top box and carry some stuff around will be a big improvement.

As far as how much to lower the pegs, with people having different length legs and all, multiple sizes would be great, but if you could only make one, somewhere around 2 inches, give or take a half inch, would probably be a decent one size fits all.
  9. Roknrich

Roknrich Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Put me down for a rack, please.
    :clap
  10. Ro0K

Ro0K Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Gotcha! Thanks for the support!
  11. 2sos

2sos Been here awhile

Oddometer:

SWEEET.. Thanks for the support. We'll get you on the list!
  12. Ro0K

Ro0K Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Alright guys just need one more buyer for the rear rack and we have enough for our first production run!
  13. okietrailboss

okietrailboss Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll take one rack please, let the production begin:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2
  14. 2sos

2sos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is the drawing for the foot peg lowering bracket. Robert designed these yesterday while I was working on the pannier frame design. This by far is the easiest way to do it. The ones pictured would lower the pegs 2" but the same basic concept would apply to the other lengths. It would be made of 1/4" AR400 steel. It would also have two grade 8 nuts welded to the back side so you could use the same type of mounting hardware and wouldn't need to fuss with holding a nut on the backside while you mount them.

The only small issue with this method is that is would push the foot pegs outward 1/4". I wan't to hear from you guys on whether or not you think that is an issue.

The alternative is to put an offset bend in the part but doing so would increase the part cost a good bit since there is a good bit of setup cost with the brake press machine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. Royce Cochran

Royce Cochran was 2bold2getold

Oddometer:
    I don't think the 1/4" is no problem at all, and 1" drop would be enough for me. Thanks for all your efforts.
  16. okietrailboss

okietrailboss Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Would also be interested in the lowering links when they are ready

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2
  17. SloMo228

Oddometer:
    Those drop brackets look nice and simple. But unless I'm not understanding the application correctly, that will result in the pegs hanging down below the frame, right? The upper, unthreaded holes would mount to the factory location and the lower holes with the welded nuts would mount to the peg bracket, the way I look at it.

I don't know how much it would add to the cost of designing and manufacturing them, but the way that this particular fellow lowered his pegs wouldn't have anything hanging below the frame to get caught up.

I don't mean this to detract from the awesome work you guys are doing, and I never finished my engineering degree either, but I just thought I'd throw out a suggestion. Keep up the great work! :clap
  18. 2sos

2sos Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Awesome, yeah I wan't as little as possible or nothing below the skid plate. By the way, we will always appreciate ideas and input. And you don't need degree to have a good idea either.

When I get home, I'll take a look at how hard it would be to implement that design as well. Thanks again!
  19. mellephants

mellephants loves dirtbikes

Oddometer:
    I agree. I don't think I would buy or use brackets which place the pegs below the frame. Too dangerous for my feet, especially offroad. Make some like the cameronsoftware brackets, and I'm in for a set.

[​IMG]

Also worth mentioning here is that for most tall guys, taller seat foam will help leg space as well, possibly enough without lowering pegs. I have not yet had the opportunity to try either on this bike, though.
  20. SloMo228

Oddometer:
    Agreed. People who are comfortable standing but feel cramped while seated would probably be better served with a taller seat, but I am cramped both ways so I plan on doing both a taller seat and dropping the pegs an inch or so.