DR350 Farkles!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Ro0K, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Ro0K

Ro0K Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Added to the list! We'll be PM'ing everyone on the list with payment and shipping information sometime next week. Brian should be done with the first mockup of the side racks soon. Thanks again for the support!
  2. High Side

High Side Squidventurer

Oddometer:
    Great stuff here guys ! I purchased my first DR350 in the fall and am waiting to dig out of the snow here in Canada to start the season. Your timing couldn't be better. I am interested in a number of your products. Mine came with its own custom rear rack but if your pannier system incorporates your rear rack i may just sell whats on mine and buy your system. Also would be interested in the peg lowering and skid plate.
    Will you be able to ship to Canada ? If so I will wait until all pieces are available so I can group package this order to save on shipping costs. Good luck with your business start up here guys. If you ever start making aftermarket for the Husky TR650 let me know. I picked one of those up in the fall too.
  3. DualDog

DualDog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I mentioned earlier I would take one of the rear racks and also interested in the side pannier frames/mounts.

Went back and looked at your list of parts. I also have interest in the skid plate and possibly the aluminum panniers you may be coming up with.
  4. DaveWave

DaveWave Sometimes you win...sometimes you learn.

Oddometer:
    I have a dirt-version DR350 that I'd love to get some frame guards for. Such a great little bike that does everything I ask of itÂ…would like to get some frame protection for the ugly yellow frame!:rofl
    Do you know if the frame guards for the dual-sport will fit the dirt version?
  5. 2sos

2sos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome. Thanks for the support! I know you enjoy your new ride. We can ship to Canada, there may just be a little more shipping time with customs and all.

The pannier side frame will be made to connect to our rack. I'll post some updates here in a bit.

We have made a rack for the TE610 but I'm not sure it is the same. Maybe that is something that you could help us with. We certainly plan to support a lot more than just the DR350. Our problem is just getting our hand on more bikes for taking measurements and fitting everything up. Of course, that sounds like a good excuse to just buy another bike to me lol.
  6. 2sos

2sos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The frame guards will fit the dirt model. I'm about to post some picks of them. As for your frame, at least yours is yellow and not barney purple lol.
  7. 2sos

2sos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

The racks have officially gone into production. I nested them this morning and programmed them for the laser. The material will be in tomorrow and I should be cutting them at the end of the day tomorrow. If so I'll post some pics and maybe video of the laser in action.

As for the side frame, I worked on getting things fitted up all weekend but still have some more work to do before I can post anything much. Getting all the tubing bend properly and measuring everything is difficult. What I wouldn't give for a huge 3D scanner to stick the bike into, but then again I guess that would be cheating.

In the mean time, here are some pics of the aluminum frame guard prototypes. We are having to have some press fit spacer machine for the back since it isn't any kind of standard length. We are making the spacer press fit so we can avoid any welding costs and bring those saving to you guys. For how simple they look. They are actually quite difficult to make cleanly.

[​IMG]
  8. mellephants

mellephants loves dirtbikes

Oddometer:
    Wonderful
  9. slimy

slimy Wanabe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome update. Keep them coming!! :clap
  10. High Side

High Side Squidventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey 2sos, thanks for getting back to me on this so fast. I purchased the DR for the girlfriend in the fall and the Husky TR650 for me. After riding the DR once it became "my" new bike and she got an XR230 :evil. Since your rear rack and pannier system work together I would like my name added to both. I will be buying the peg lowering as well as skid plate pieces. You can pm me and we can work out the payment process. Especially when you bring out the multi purchase incentives :wink:. J/K. I've bought a ton of stuff off of advrider (even the DR) so I am use to how long things take to get into Canada, no worries.

I wasn't kidding on the TR650 aftermarket. There is a great community on advrider of TR650 owners : http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=850525
    I would love a rear rack/pannier system and skid plate for that as well. If there is anything I can help you with, ask away. I can share a link of this thread on the Husky TR650 thread to see if there are any owners in your neck of the woods that could provide a bike for measurements. The TR650 came with a very problematic air box design. It has been discussed in detail on the TR650 thread. If you could design an effective air box for that bike that could incorporate an aftermarket filter, you would see some quick sales.
    Again, all the best and shoot me a message so we can put together a package order for the DR.
  11. veriest1

veriest1 Minimalist Gear Hoarder

Oddometer:
    PM's sent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
  12. finehomebuilder

finehomebuilder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just saw this post. I have a Husky a Strada sitting in a blue Ridge, GA. I alive in a gulf Shores. If you need a new one (150) miles to test fit, I would like to talk with you. The air box/filter for sure needs work. Also still rack, etc. let me know if you would like me to drop her off.
  13. AST236

AST236 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

Pulling the camper to Gulf Shores Wednesday for Spring break!!
  14. 2sos

2sos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Robert is getting you on both lists
  15. 2sos

2sos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm sending you a pm now!
  16. 2sos

2sos Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Thanks for all the support. We are definitely interested in taking on more project. I just wish so that I could devote all day to doing this type of work. Unfortunately, I have to work at my day job for 55+ hours a week lol. But maybe if you guys keep the support up, I could afford to do this full time!!

I have your information recorded and I will keep you in the loop when we are ready to start on the TR650. Hopefully it won't be too long. Thanks for sending people this way and keep it up!.
  17. MarkR702

MarkR702 Rider

Oddometer:
    Ad my name to the list, soon to become an owner.:clap

AST 236 had a great idea for side racks for soft bags that work with your rack.
  18. 2sos

2sos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

Just letting you guys in on some of the logistics. We are working on getting a simple webpage setup so we can take orders easily and safely for you guys. In the future e will be doing bundle deals just for the fact that is will save on shipping and handling charges but for this first run we will be shipping the racks first since they will be the first to come off the line.

We are making 56 racks so there should be plenty but if you are interested and your name isn't on the list please let us know. It will ensure that you get yours first before we sell any on ebay or something.

As Robert said earlier, we weren't really prepared for the overwhelming support that we are getting, which is awesome. So now we are just in a mad rush to get everything lined up so you guys can get your racks asap and then we will immediately turn our attention to the airbox, side frames, frame guards, and some of the other projects.

Robert will start a list for each product so we can see which projects to hit first. Right now the airbox, side frames, and frame guards are top runners.

Once we get the webpage up, we'll post it here so everyone can place orders

Thanks again everyone!
  19. 2sos

2sos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome, we'll get on the list. We are working on the frames as well. They will support soft and hard panniers and will connect to the racks we are making.
  20. polarice

polarice Former Ice Pirate

Oddometer:
    First - please excuse my lame ass MS Paint skills but that's all I had at work.

All of us DR owners know how the kickstand mount wears down over time and then the stand starts cutting into the swingarm. Someone mentioned the only way to fix this problem is to add "material" to the problem area and build up the "wedge" in there so it started operating normally.

For your consideration - could you make a "shim" of some sort with varying thicknesses? It would have to be a skinny washer around the bolt hole and then have a few millimeters thickness on the outside edge. Of course the problem is having it not move on you after mounting.

Anyone is welcome to expand on what it is I'm trying to recommend here.

Standing by.

[​IMG]