DR350 supermoto project on a KLR budget

Discussion in 'Some Assembly Required' started by dbarale, Nov 16, 2011.

1. dbarale

dbarale Squiddly slow

Oddometer:
    It is still on the road and still the most fun I've had on a bike in a very long time. When time came to replace the tires I stuck with the same as they work very well for what I do: spirited twisties. The rear squares off really quickly if ran on a straight line and they suck in gravel, as expected.

I am surprised the engine has not yet exploded as it lives between 5 and 9k... The throttle is mainly used as an On/Off switch.

Dropped the fork tubes all the way to relax the steering a bit. Other than that, no other modifications were made.
  2. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:
    thanks so much for the update.

I can't wait to finish a few small niggles on my Drz, sell it, and pick up a basket case dr to setup the way I want it. :thumbup:
  3. Wrags

Wrags n00b

Oddometer:
    Cool project!
    Did you ever find a fork brace? I have been trying to find one to fit my DR350SE, but seems no one makes them any longer. I was wondering if a brace for a DR650 would work?
  4. PhiSig1071

PhiSig1071 What's ******width?

Oddometer:
    Depending on the year, the fork should be the same as the DRZ fork IIRC. You might have better luck with one of those than a DR650 one.
  5. cody94dr350

cody94dr350 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i've used fork braces on my 350's hard to say if it really did anything. i've got a brace i'd sell for 75 if youre interested
  6. dbarale

dbarale Squiddly slow

Oddometer:
    Never did find one but it doesn't seem to be an issue. The bike tends to push the front tire though, I need to play with the pressure...
  7. Wrags

Wrags n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the replies in regards to the fork brace everyone.