DR350 vs. DRZ400

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by earling, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Kommando

Kommando Long timer

Oddometer:
    There are wide-ratio gearsets for the DR-Z now. They offer almost exactly the same spread as the 6spd WR250R. A DR-Z with a flat-slide pumper will pull the wider gaps just fine, especially with other performance hop-ups.

There is also a kicker kit available for DR-Zs.
    Bitingdog likes this.
  2. Off the grid

Off the grid Scrub Daddy Supporter

Oddometer:
    On the front lines, battling a global pandemic.
    That's a shitload of work to do for most weekend warrior riders.

I have a full garage and I wouldn't waste time on stuff like that. I would sell the bike and buy something that has what I want on it. (which I did when I sold the XRR and bought an EXC)
  3. caetano62

caetano62 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I find it hilarious that I am reading this thread, it's totally relevant, and it's 2019! Then again, I suddenly find myself in the pacific northwest, 56 years old and just want to plunk around some FSR at my own pace. Just bought a KTM 1190 Adventure for the longer distances too. Damn, when's it going to warm up for gods sake! lol
    Bitingdog, toypro1 and Adanac rider like this.
  4. B_C_Ries

B_C_Ries Long timer

Oddometer:
    A Suzuki thumper will look really nice in your garage next to the big adventure bike. I have a BMW F800GS and I end up riding my DRZ 400S a lot more often, unless I'm carrying a passenger or going a longer distance. Plus the Suzuki is less expensive to drop and easier to pick up.
  5. AST236

AST236 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    My '96 DR350, bought a few months ago with 1403 miles on it, sits next to my R1200GS..........:)

Same here! I love my GS, but the DR is the go to for knocking around the local area..........
    BornAgain likes this.
  6. B_C_Ries

B_C_Ries Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is a good pair, I know that trying to ride a big BMW through rough stuff can get expensive. Having a lighter less expensive bike allows one to develop their skills.
    Bitingdog likes this.
  7. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    SSSSHHHHH,,,,,,,350's are getting hard to find!
    AST236 likes this.
  8. DanBManthe

DanBManthe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :DThat's part of why I'm keeping mine! They're such a versatile bike. I'm planning on taking my '95 SE model on a honeymoon trip this summer.
    And I'm digging this thread up in 2021.... SORRY!
  9. ALLMOSTHERE

ALLMOSTHERE Make to best of everything

Oddometer:
    tempImage0jDYzo.jpg I own a 2016 f700gs and have pounded this thing 56000 km in Colombia since 2017 its a great bike but I am looking at a 99 dr 350 for just plain gusto because a heavy bike just doesn't do it .On the country roads its a pain in the ass slinging a 450 pound bike in terrain that not meant for it especially at 61 years old Colombia has it all and I never get tired of it, only when I have to pick up my damm f700
  10. ALLMOSTHERE

Oddometer:
    tempImagez1Y7gh.jpg
  11. ALLMOSTHERE

Oddometer:
    dr 350 country I went down this on my 700 down right crazy no maintenance on this road it has been closed for about five years due to land slides the whole mountain side dropped about 20 feet