DR650 Picture Thread ...

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by GsVs, Sep 19, 2008.

1. WACO OLD TIMER

WACO OLD TIMER Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    ag_streak and JRowland like this.
  2. WACO OLD TIMER

WACO OLD TIMER Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Finally got some time off work loading up going to head west. no plan.... just going for a ride, camp. enjoy !!!!
    Make it up as I go. anybody up for it. be in Marion Saturday morning. IMG_0694.JPG
  3. JRowland

JRowland reaching for the sky Supporter

Oddometer:
  4. William Wolfen

William Wolfen Long timer

Oddometer:
    WACO OLD TIMER, JagLite and AK650 like this.
  5. JRowland

Oddometer:
    It doesn’t have many downsides :-) Best thing I ever did, not saying it’s for everyone. The roads are stellar, there are a lot of them, there is very little enforcement, and low population. My area fits your core values, the ones you make known anyway. Rick’s area leans a little different and I like having it to temper the ultra conservatives that are in abundance.
  6. William Wolfen

Oddometer:
    One of these years the stars will align for me to move somewhere like that. Not sure when that'll be, but I can't wait. I'm not sure how I'd get along with the "ultra conservatives" over there. The ones in the country here annoy me just as much as the liberals from the cities. I'm a freedom loving, responsibility accepting moderate who believes that less government is better. I tend to get along better with folks who can avoid talking politics and religion!
  7. Chethro

Chethro Confidence is High

Oddometer:
    :scratch
  8. William Wolfen

Oddometer:
    Exactly my point. No one seems to be able to understand. Just keep scratching your head.
  9. boulet_boulet

boulet_boulet Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think it was the juxtaposition of these two seemingly incongruous thoughts that made me :scratch

NTTAWWT, just made me chuckle a bit—the less government is better combined with the part about avoiding talking politics.

All good!
    nacho squatcho and Chethro like this.
  10. William Wolfen

Oddometer:
    You're probably right. It's not that I have any issue discussing it, I just tend to ruffle everyone's feathers. Therefore I get along better with them if we avoid the subject.

On a moto related note, I got out for a ride today. Coolest it's been in something like 2 months. Even dodged almost all the rain. Good lunch with some other guys from the area. Hit some nice dirt/gravel roads in the local national forest and took paved roads back to beat the rain. Thunder rumbling outside now. As usual, I enjoyed the ride so much I didn't stop to take any pictures.

Bonus DR content: There were 2 former and 1 current DR owners at lunch. We discussed suspension and carbs a little bit.
    boulet_boulet likes this.
  11. JRowland

Oddometer:
    Yeah it’s a little odd to me (ultra either way, not just politics) but both sides cancel each other out nicely and it makes for a pretty good live and let live area.
    William Wolfen likes this.
  12. nacho squatcho

nacho squatcho Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rode up to Camp Nelson again and this time made it down to Johnsondale. Intended on going all the way down to lake Isabella via dirt but didn’t make it due to the French fire (clueless me didn’t even realize there was an active fire in this area). Didn’t even need to use the saw.

3B00C2CD-EA43-4F7B-8EC6-AE3BC88B42BB.jpeg 7E31F313-2D7E-43D7-82E4-3378A2688397.jpeg

Took this one to show how bad the smoke is in the valley from the nearby fires.

55605B2F-85CE-49FD-A5F2-F61770E16D54.jpeg 3AB1787B-5E00-4754-8A25-13CD8917C877.jpeg 135AA08C-5485-4CAA-AF91-BFF1C6041BD2.jpeg 54C9BB3B-FA72-485C-92C9-98662C0ED7FD.jpeg
  13. nz gravel man

nz gravel man ADVENTURE RIDER

Oddometer:
  14. atlthrux

atlthrux Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought these for the "big" trip that my son and I were going to take. Then he had to go and get a real job.

[​IMG]
    sarcoid, alpina, JagLite and 6 others like this.
  15. JRowland

Oddometer:
    Yellow is my favorite, those are both nice! Sorry about the trip but that's good for your son, I assume by the way you wrote it this is his first "real" job.
  16. silverbandit1

silverbandit1 Adventure Dreaming..

Oddometer:
  17. silverbandit1

silverbandit1 Adventure Dreaming..

Oddometer:
  18. atlthrux

atlthrux Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since you like yellow, I'll trade you. Take your pick. You know your specific bike is my favorite.

Yes, his first real job out of college! He boomerang'd home for 3.5 weeks, and that was all we could handle.

JagLite and ag_streak like this.
  19. JRowland

Oddometer:
    Both owned by a little old lady that only rode them to church right? I'll just admire the unobtanium from afar I think :lol3

I did that after college too, my poor parents put up with a full grown son in the basement for over a year. I hated it but it helped!
    JagLite likes this.
  20. davenowherejones

davenowherejones short old guy

Oddometer:
    I boomeranged after my mother had a heart attack just after her 65th birthday. The doctor said she had only weeks to live.

I could live in the basement for a few weeks. She had a pacemaker implanted and lived long enough to wear it out. She had a second one implanted.

She finally died 20 years later. I moved out of the basement. She left her dog $10,000 for me to look after it.

I borrowed money from the dog to buy a new DR650. My sister made me pay back the dog. My sister died but nobody told me.