DR650 rear cargo rack /59.00

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by flexlarson, May 5, 2006.

1. flexlarson

flexlarson Smell the roses

Oddometer:
    Anyone interested in going together and buying a couple racks for the Suzuki DR 650 on Ebay.
    The big luggage rear rack.
    He said hed sell them for 59.00 plus 10.00 shipping for the first rack then 5.00 for each additional .

email me at bmlarson@usd.edu if interested.

Thanks
    Brian
    Search Ebay for Suzuki DR 650 rack and youll find pics.
    Its a nice rack .
  2. not2fast

not2fast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok, so the first guy pays $59 plus $10 shipping and the rest pay $5.00....for each of the racks they order??? Heck of a deal!! :rofl

Just kidding, I'll bet the rack is still $59 and the shipping is $5.
  3. flexlarson

Oddometer:
    You are right ,.

First rack cost $59.00 and 10.00 shipping
    Second rack cost $59.00 and 5.00 shipping
  4. Speaker

Speaker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been trying to push that rack aswell, i want the guy to get buisness so he keeps making them. It's a shame i have an older DR, otherwise I'd buy one. That thing's cheaper than the Suzuki rack and it looks like you's still be able to mount Happy Trails side racks with it.
  5. SourKraut

SourKraut Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    This one ?

[​IMG]
  6. Speaker

Speaker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    that one. how do you like it?
  7. SourKraut

SourKraut Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It is perfect for my use = laptop in a pelican computer case and my lunchbag under a bungee net for my 15 mile commute. The rack is quite sturdy despite not looking like it would be - I haven't hit a tree with it yet or dropped the bike onto it.

Boy howdy the DR is scary on the highway compared to my 1150GS - I have front & rear eibach springs coming from Jesse @ kientech this week to hopefully help out the suspension (I weigh #190). Other mods (since I got it in Feb.) Dynojet kit, extended fuel screw, airbox mod, K&N, renthal bars, acerbis handguards, sealed bearing chain rollers, and some other stuff I probably forgot. Also going to order some kouba bar risers as the bars are still too low to stand up in the woods.
  8. flexlarson

Oddometer:
    Heres the info from the ADD<

This a new item for the popular Suzuki DR650se Dual-Purpose motorcycle. Due to the popularity of my other racks and numerous requests to build one for this bike, I finally found some time to do it. It will fit all U.S and Canadian models 1996-2006. This rack is made from a combination of round and square steel tubing as well as formed steel braces, and coated with a durable satin-black powdercoating. It measures 12" long by 23 1/2" wide and weighs just 4 lbs. It attaches to the same place as the stock grab bar. The rack is very strong and durable, but for safety sake, I've limited the carrying capacity to 30 pounds The large space however is double that of the compitition. I purchased a Bungie Cargo Net for my rack and it's amazing the variety of gear that you can carry. It comes with all STAINLESS STEEL fasteners. Installation instructions are also included. As you can see in the pictures, the grab-bars are re-installed with the rack. The rack is spaced away from the plastics about 3/4" and extend past the turn signals about 2" and will help protect them in case of a tip-over. This particular rack was installed on a 2006 model. All orders will ship out within 2 business days. The rack costs $69.00 and is shippied via USPS Priority mail for a speedy delivery at a flat rate $10.00 in the U.S. Shipping to Canada is $19.00 via Airmail Parcel Post. You will only find this rack on Ebay, and as with all my products, your satisfaction is guaranteed. I will hopefuly post some better pictures as they become available, so please send me some.
  9. HighwayChile

HighwayChile greetings from Wa state

Oddometer:
    jus' the size of a 24 box of beer......:1drink
  10. 6Speed4

6Speed4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    how were you thinking of getting the extra racks? maybe you could talk to him and say something like, advrider forum members are interested...and that ifn they tell him they are members when they order maybe could knock a couple bucks off? or just buy a ton then ship individually? cause i've already been eyeing that rack (no pun intended)
  11. RT jim

RT jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    Kinda looks like a rear turn lamp will never get broken with that on bike
  12. eldavo

eldavo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have this rack, for the cost of some other less useful fluff I found the listed U$69 + int'l freight to be good value considering it comes well packed, fits well, and I haven't found anything that looks as solid or versatile as cheap or as easy to get hold of.

If you offered to buy it as Advrider or DR650 group members perhaps just ask for the off-of-ebay cost price, maybe $5 less? That way just as worthwhile for the guy.

I actually haven't used the wide-rack top part yet, I've used the mounting brackets to fit the cheap metal baseplate from the JC Whitney topbox (equivalent Givi knockoff in Aus marketed as RJays).

Definitely a good base for fabbing up your own pannier jerry can or water container holders. Using clamps/bolts could make it a modular system customised for each trip as required.
  13. Corpse

Corpse Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where can I find these racks? I look on ebay Australia and I can't find any that ship to Oz.

I'm really interested in any rack that extends past the indicators and I'd also like to have side racks.
  14. Lil' Steve

Lil' Steve PussyWagon™ Chauffeur Supporter

Oddometer:

It doesnt seem he currently has any up for sale but I'm sure he will in a few days. Here's a one that sold recently....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180151634217
  15. Python423

Python423 TnAdvRiders.com

Oddometer:
  16. Corpse

Corpse Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What side racks could go with this? What other cargo carrying options are there?

17. flexlarson

Oddometer:
    WOW that looks like the basic mounting setup I made.
    That design is good.....Mine has worked great .
    I never ended up getting the big BBQ rack on ebay. If I wasnt such a cheap ASS and didnt like trying to make everything myself I would have got one.
  18. wide open

wide open in second gear

Oddometer:
  19. Corpse

Corpse Adventurer

Oddometer:
  20. DRDude

DRDude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just got that rack for the same reason you mentioned. I bought the big JC Whitney trunk and the two work together very well.