DR650SE Index Topic #7 BODYWORK/WINDSCREENS

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Krusty ..., Nov 8, 2010.

1. GsVs

GsVs Goin' Somewhere

Oddometer:
    Looks great .... do you have a closer pic of the upper mounts that are attached to the bark buster mounts that you can post ??

Thanks ...

2. gwhis

gwhis Let's ride

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  3. gwhis

gwhis Let's ride

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Forgot to mention that I have the Powermadd 2" Handlebar Riser and that puts the bars up so that I could mount the windshield to the hand guard clamps.
    davyjones likes this.
  4. gwhis

gwhis Let's ride

Oddometer:
    A few pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. bdonley

bdonley Long timer

Oddometer:
    What a great looking bike!
    Just buying a dr to build, hope it turns out as well...
  6. kezzajohnson

kezzajohnson kezza

Oddometer:
    Just made up a new screen for mine - exactly the same shape and size as my previous homemade one that lasted me for about 8 years. Seeing as the size, height and shape was tried and tested by me for many kms and years, I decided to stick to it. Only difference is I have created an air gap with this new one which hasn't made any difference to buffetting at the helmet which was always OK anyway but things are much calmer in the cockpit (if that makes sense).

Previous version which was still ok but getting a bit tatty.

[​IMG]

New: Sheet of polycarbonate $20.00 off ebay and bent to conform to shape of cowling at its base and a deflector lip at the top same as my previous one. Have to replace bolts with button heads but local bolt shop has been closed over X-mas/new year so these fitted short term. The two upper bolts are also the dash bracket retainers behind the cowling.

[​IMG]

Cowling sits further forward and tilted more than stock by using brackets to move the headlight and the cowling out and to make room for dash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    davyjones likes this.
  7. Bloodmouse

Bloodmouse hoping to get lost

Oddometer:
    Hello,
    I just bought a 650SE this weekend. Pretty sure I want to do a low front fender conversion as the bike will see a lot of highway travel.
    I have been looking for suitable pieces to replace the stocker. I think this one of an early 80s Honda Ascot could work. The Ascot only had a 19 inch front wheel, but I think the radius could be close enough, and it's plastic and already has a cutout for a fork brace because the Ascot had one stock. You can buy these things all day long on eBay for $30 or so. Thoughts? $_1.JPG
  8. ag_streak

ag_streak Tiene Ruta Cuarenta? Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was looking for KLR-level wind protection on my DR650, and really wanted the adjustable Madstad brackets on the TCI racks to push the screen farther forward away from the rider's chest, but I tried it, and the whole assembly was TOO far away, and too much air came underneath.

My Madstad brackets were from a V-strom, so here it is with the Moose Gen I V-strom shorty screen.

[​IMG]

I used a piece of white cutting board for the mounting surface.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    davyjones likes this.
  9. ag_streak

ag_streak Tiene Ruta Cuarenta? Supporter

Oddometer:
    So I ditched the adjustability of the Madstad brackets and hard-mounted an old Tiger 800 screen on the the TCI brackets. Much closer to the stock Suzuki headlight plastic, and looks pretty good I think...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]