Dragging brakes

Discussion in 'Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)' started by La_Poderosa_3, May 4, 2006.

1. La_Poderosa_3

La_Poderosa_3 It's not freezing!!!!

Oddometer:
    Those people who know me know that I am probably the least mechanically inclined person they have ever met. But, give me enough beer and I will try anything.

My front and rear brakes are dragging a little bit (rear especially, the front always dragged a tiny bit). Anyone know how to fix this? I don't think it's affecting the performance of the bike but it's making it a bitch to move around the garage with the motor off.

Ayuda me, por favor.
  2. Fred

Fred Banned

Oddometer:
    My new one did this while riding the other day. It freed itself up but at the first service I want it documented in case the rotor is or will get warped. I took some Brake Cleen and sprayed in the caliper and cleaned the rotor off. Hasn't happened again.

Some late model Guzzi LeMans and V11 Sports had the same rear brake dragging problem. On mine, the pads were hanging up on the pins that hold them in. A bit of brake grease (anti-seize) on the pins and the problem was solved on mine.

On the 950, the rear brake now squeals, so I'm just going to let warranty take care of it and not touch it myself.
  3. craft

craft Aventurero

Oddometer:
    Any chance your wheels are out of alignment/center?
  4. La_Poderosa_3

La_Poderosa_3 It's not freezing!!!!

Oddometer:
    Probably, there is a good chance. I just did 1300 off road miles in Baja. But I rode back on the hiway and it was fine. The brakes really just started dragging when I got back to Denver. I am going to flush the rear MC.