Dream Garage

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dennyrain, Dec 2, 2018.

1. dennyrain

dennyrain n00b

Oddometer:
    Guys if you had a chance to buy a dream bike and car, which models could you choose? For example, I'd buy Harley Davidson and Lamborghini. How does your real garage look like compared to dream garage? As for me, I'm owner of Maruti Suzuki Ertiga (car) and Honda X-Blade (bike). What about you?
  2. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    I'm still dreaming of the garage.

I'd be happy if it were empty.
    Arbolmano, Ibraz, cal08 and 1 other person like this.
  3. bodine003

bodine003 Long timer

Oddometer:
    66 or 67 GTO convertible & 69 or 70 BSA R-3 Pixs Current mishmash shop and bikebarn hang out

Attached Files:

4. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Knowledge is horsepower

Oddometer:
  5. digger2

digger2 A Cad & A Bounder

Oddometer:
    mm ok. 2002 M3 convert with the smg box. totally original car in as new condition. Ducati Hyperstrada, Diavel and 999. BMW F800 gs and R1200R. GSA in the wings when i get back from vacation but always one purchase away from perfection.
  6. jb882

jb882 13HP of fury.

Oddometer:
    I guess my wishes are simple.

Dream bike I already pretty much own, a Ducati Multistrada. Of all the bikes i have ever owned it has been by far my favorite and there isn’t another on the market that piques my interest more.

Car would be a 67-69 Camaro RS/SS, i have zero interest in exotic cars. If i had to buy new it would be a Camaro ZL1. Otherwise my truck suits my needs just fine.

My dream garage would be simple too, my current shop is 20x24. I would just like one a fair bit bigger for more room formachine tools with a wide door, no columns in the center, high ceilings and a lift for working on cars. Something like 40x40 would do it.
  7. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority Supporter

Oddometer:
    One of the best shops I've ever been in is the Herbst Smith Fabrication shop for the Terrible Herbst off road racing team: Herbst Smith shop.jpg

Here is a complete tour of the shop:
    Sleepyc, YYZ Rush and gmk999 like this.
  8. RVDan

RVDan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tough call. I mean if I were wealthy I wouldn’t need the brand new diesel dual 4x4 that I dream of. I need a truck now to carry my camper and tow my Jeep or bikes but if money were no object, I’d just pay somebody to haul my toys were they need to be and stay at a hotel.
  9. vanislejay

vanislejay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is purly assuming I can also afford to register and insure everything, plus have time to use them. That is 100% my problem with having lots of vehicles, I can't stand to watch them sit.
    I would have the small Mercedes Sprinter, preferably from the era that they were Freightliners, just so I can say I own a Freightliner, or a VW T5 transporter. For a car, a first gen Smart Fortwo or maybe an 80's VW golf tdi. Would also love an 80's hardtop Suzuki Samurai with a diesel. For bikes, an XR650L, a KLR with a diesel, an SV1000 and a Moto Guzzi Eldorado.

Presently have a Suzuki Vstrom 1000, SV1000, Moto Guzzi Eldorado, and a Vespa P200. Just sold a VW T4. In the past I've owned lots of fun vehicles and bikes, and sold most of them because I didn't have the money to register them or time use them as much as I wanted. I owned a Land Rover SIII 88" that sat for like 10 years because I didn't have time to drive it, was too busy riding motorcycles and driving an MGBGT.

For an actual shop, hell I have survived this far with only ever having a single car garage, even while at one point owning seven vehicles. I just want a fab shop with a few work benches, a nice manual metal lathe, milling machine, torches, mig, tig, and stick welders, a couple lifts, a brake, plasma cutter, band saw, drill press with a couple nice chucks, and the tools I already have, plus space to work on everything without banging my head or ever being too far from the tools and equipment.

And of course, the time to use it.
  10. MrPulldown

MrPulldown Long timer

Oddometer:
    Interesting that more of the bays (or none) have post lifts. Of all the things I wish I had in my shop, a built in lift is #1.
  11. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority Supporter

Oddometer:
    The race vehicles are jacked up and put on jack stands. Look at the still photo you can see a stand that has wheels and the chassis can be rolled around the shop. Also at 13:00 you can see a car on that type of stand, a little after that you can see a bare chassis on stands. Keeps you from having to work around a built in lift. It pretty common for just about any race shop to not have built in lifts. The thing is that when brought into the shop bays the body and wheels are removed for easy access.
    MrPulldown likes this.
  12. mach1mustang351

mach1mustang351 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If somehow I became wealthy enough, I would have a collection of middle of the road cars and bikes. I like such a diversity and my interests are not particularly high end.

I'd want a British Triple of some kind... Preferably a Hurricane I guess they get decent money these days... Not crazy though

I'd probably want an R1200RT as a new daily ride.
  13. GP640

GP640 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't have a very long list but given unlimited funds I guess,
    Older Unimog double cab because it snows around here
    The upcoming Bronco if it isn't terrible because parking a Unimog would suck
    A Grom for each of my kids and my wife
    Some sort of sidecar
    Honda Africa Twin

The garage would need to be a miniature version of the Herbst shop shown above.
  14. Tanshanomi

Tanshanomi Your Favorite Uncle Supporter

Oddometer:
    As I understand the question, you want just one bike and one car/truck, regardless of price? If they must be vehicles I can currently buy new, bike would probably be a Bonneville Diamond Edition, and I'd put one of those upcoming Jeep Gladiators in the garage next to it. If I can pick older, restored vehicles, a mint Moto Morini 500 Sport and a 1967 Ford Thunderbird 2-door hardtop (non-landau).

1980-moto-morini-500-s-2.jpg 1fe6e60ade31b4e5b10790612b31ed34.jpg
  15. n8mandy

n8mandy PadreN8

Oddometer:
    So, one and one, assuming that I can rent or borrow a truck when I need one it would be:

upload_2019-5-17_21-45-21.jpeg

and

upload_2019-5-17_21-50-29.jpeg

Attached Files:

16. n8mandy

n8mandy PadreN8

Oddometer:
    The bike that I used was a KHK which was the predecessor to the Sportster.

The great thing about Sportsters is that they can be anything from:

[​IMG]

to:

[​IMG]
  17. slidewayes

slidewayes slidewayes

Oddometer:
    DSCN1307.JPG
    MrPulldown likes this.
  18. BMWrider79

BMWrider79 Here

Oddometer:
    I have the bikes I want
    985E7DA0-8870-4A88-816C-315F0EC1EBDE.jpeg E67D523C-28A1-4667-ACFB-99F468C6CC44.jpeg 3FB060A9-4CB9-48EB-973B-36F7205C8289.jpeg

The car would be a ‘83 911, but I don’t like cars that much so I’m happy.
    kenbob likes this.
  19. Karlfitt

Karlfitt Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It would be very hard to pick just one bike and one car.

I mean, aren't we all on here because we are gear heads?

I like my Jeep cause I like going off road.
    I miss my M 235 because fast.

I love my R 1200 RS. Not sure what to replace that with.
    I Love my 900 SS. Carbon pipes and open dry clutch.:raabia

What would I do in the dirt without my 400 EXC? (Maybe a 200 EXC:hmmmmm)

But only two.

Maybe a Mustang Mach 1 ' 69 to '71 vintage
    Multistrada might work as the only bike. Or a Pinagale V4
  20. Riteris

Riteris Dessert Runner

Oddometer:
    A place many ADV Riders fear: The Nation's Capital
    I don't think my wife would let me in MY dream garage.