Drive Mode Dashboard for Android

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by Rudeboy78, Jan 17, 2020.

1. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    Put phone in master mode, drove down the street and master mode is correct but head unit is way off
  2. gavmac

gavmac Long timer

Oddometer:
    90 Km/h = 56 mph. Imperial v Metric speeds?
    flamingm0e likes this.
  3. John@ThorkRacing

John@ThorkRacing Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The widget is not converting to mph.... Bahhhh my bad, will update right away.

PS. Is anyone here running DM on a Huawei device if so which model and OS version?
  4. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    si
  5. VTwins4me

VTwins4me Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ordered my controller on Monday night, delivered today(Friday). From Portugal to Uk in under 4 working days. Great Service Thork.

(No customs within the EU - and a slim majority of my countrymen are dragging me out of Europe - idiots!!) :0(
  6. John@ThorkRacing

Oddometer:
    Guess you got it from ThorkRacing.com right?
    I´m shipping them all same day or next day :D
    Tijuana_Taxi and flamingm0e like this.
  7. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi John, I have loaded DM on to a new Duroforce Pro that I am setting up as my dash board on the Bike (slave). Everything seems to have loaded up and set
    up OK, but... I am unable to download the New Zealand maps onto the slave phone, but I can start to download the Australia maps which I don't have loaded on the master phone.

The progress bar goes green and a few seconds later, the "New Zealand" text comes back up and if I click on the "New Zealand" text again it asks if I want to stop the download, but if I leave it, it never comes.

Is there a down load limit to 1 phone only? Do I have to delete the NZ maps on the master phone so I can load them on to the Slave phone?

Edit: I tried deleting it from the Master and downloading it to the Slave. Now I can't download it to either phone:baldy. Is there an issue with the latest version?
  8. John@ThorkRacing

Oddometer:
    Yesterday i assembled a new SERVER... more space was needed.
    While migrating the map files i just noticed there was an error on the new URLs.
    That have been fixed.
    If you try to download now i am positive it will work.

Sorry for that and thanks for reporting.
  9. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that, the map link is working now:-).

I loaded Master Mode tonight on my "Master" phone and like the tethering function for data etc. But when I'm sitting stationary, I get the speed reading 79km/h on the slave phone and the trip timer is running. Only happens while it is tethered and not in an active Trip log.

Where do trip logs get saved? Is there a folder to be able to reopen them from? I don't always find them when I go to reopen a trip log.
  10. John@ThorkRacing

Oddometer:
    I'm aware of that locked speed bug, will fix tomorrow.

Trip Logs are database, working on allowing users to backup online and sync multiple device plus share link.
    dazzadm likes this.
  11. AdvNener

AdvNener Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey there,

Some friends of mine are running the Drive Mode app for various purposes and talked a bit about it. I just discovered this may support something i'm playing with my own crappy apps (i'm not an mobile developper): the master mode functions. Especially the gps sharing function. A few questions here before i dive in and test by myself:

- does the additionnal gps signal shared from master to slave improve all the gps based apps on the slave (i mean does it work only on the drive mode map apps, or does it work for the whole android system, so other apps will automagically benefit from it?)

- is the bluetooth connection between device BLE? Real questions behind this is deconnection issues and battery life on both devices. In my experience both are way better with BLE

- Does the GPS signal sharing also works if the slave device has NO integrated gps at all?

Thanks and keep up the good work!
  12. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Finally got Drive Mode loaded and mounted on the bike. All works well, but had to load Rotation Lock to stop it spinning under braking.

My gloves aren't touch screen freindly, so look forward to receiving a Controller to be able to use the functions without taking gloves off.

20200519_170709.jpg
    redkerk84 and John@ThorkRacing like this.
  13. Maxtor1971

Maxtor1971 Unconsidered

Oddometer:
    When you remove the choke there is a good place for the controller..
    DSC_0544.JPG

Attached Files:

John@ThorkRacing and dazzadm like this.
  14. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I did notice your mount. Very nice, and was going to look at mounting it similarly. Have you made a bracket to screw into the old choke lever mount?
  15. Maxtor1971

Maxtor1971 Unconsidered

Oddometer:
    Here is a pic of the bracket. It´s made from Aluminium. In the existing M6 thread of the choke is a countersunk skrew.
    The bracket slides over the skrew and will fixed with a litte Skrew on the top.

Attached Files:

dazzadm likes this.
  16. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    John, I have a question. On the Kyocera DFPro, it has programmable buttons. Is it possible to assign a function to a button, such as when in road book, reset the trip meter?

Not sure if we would be able to put in some code to assign the function?

I do finally have a controller coming from Carpe Iter, so this is more a request, if easy enough, for the interim...
  17. John@ThorkRacing

Oddometer:
    The additional GPS signal will only work with DM, although if any developer wants to have access to that GPS signal i can create a broadcast and share it with any app.

It is BLE, and a single battery charge lasts forever... really.... mine has not been charged for more then 6 months...

If the Slave device has no integrated GPS the app will not be compatible, Play Store will not show it... although now that you mention that it makes no sense, i will remove the requirement, and see what else i need to change for DM to work on devices without GPS.

Also my algorithm is simple, DM works like this:
    - On start it launches a fused location request (Network / Carrier / GPS)
    - Until a valid GPS signal is received (from slave or master) it will use whatever comes first (Network / Carrier -> from fused location)
    - When DM slave device is using a valid GPS signal we ditch Network and Carrier and only use GPS
    - When valid GPS signal from Slave is acquired it compares it with GPS signal from Master device if there is a connection
    - The comparison is measured by: #Number of Satellites being used on each, then Accuracy %
    - Each comparison also checks timestamps to check if current signals are bellow < 2 s if not they are not considered valid

What type of Functions can you assign to those buttons? If i know what keycodes they produce (which should depend what you assign) i can add functions for it yes!
    redkerk84, AdvNener and flamingm0e like this.
  18. John@ThorkRacing

Oddometer:
  19. AdvNener

AdvNener Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the detailed answer !
    About that BLE part.. 6 months?? Are you talking about the bluetooth remote? Just to be sure: I was asking about the bluetooth link between both master and slave android device while using the master mode app.
  20. John@ThorkRacing

Oddometer:
    OHHHHH
    No, Master and Slave is over Wifi!!!
    The whole purpose (at least initially was for the Master to be a Hotspot for the Slave)... although i might change that once i pick up Master Mode development again.