Drive Mode Dashboard for Android

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by Rudeboy78, Jan 17, 2020.

1. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    It will come...:jjen
  2. Mountainman13

Mountainman13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I emailed regarding a status update and Carpe ended up sending a second one fedex as their post office couldn't tell them what happened. I should have the 2nd one by Wednesday.

If the first one shows up eventually I agreed to forward it on to someone in the US who hasn't gotten theirs yet. I'll let you know when I get something.
    flamingm0e likes this.
  3. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    I asked about the status and was told that I have to wait and that it wasn't his problem any more since he dropped it off at the post. What the heck?
  4. Cataract2

Cataract2 Where to?

Oddometer:
    Seem to have a crash bug. Created a round trip track with Furkot. When I go to invert the track it's causing the app to crash. I submitted a crash report mentioning inverting the track causing it.

Also, I've noticed now with round trip tracks that I've created with Kurviger and Furkot that the distance count down doesn't seem to work. Yet, if I do a point A to B one way trip track it does work.
  5. draco_1967

draco_1967 Spoon!

Oddometer:
    I wonder how much is Furkot. I was having a crash issue with round-trip GPX using Furkot with Kurviger turned on. When I turned Kurviger off, I stopped having crash issues in DMD
  6. Cataract2

Cataract2 Where to?

Oddometer:
    In my case this is using a GPX produced by Furkot. So, could be related, but don't know.
  7. John@ThorkRacing

John@ThorkRacing Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Could you please send me the GPX file to info@drivemodedashboard.com ?
    Inverting track is working with my files so i need to check why it is not on that specific file.
  8. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    Left on Sunday for a 2-day 750ish mile ride across a few states.

I switched from DMD maps to OsmAnd for a bit for some turn-by-turn nav, and noticed that if I don't have DMD map displayed on screen, the distance to next waypoint on master device does not get updated. I would like to see the "trip log" update even if the map is not at the forefront on the slave device (sometimes I need to switch to turn-by-turn on those long stretches of boring road, so I don't keep looking down at the map). On that note, have you looked at what OsmAnd is using for turn-by-turn nav?

I do love the combination of the master/slave setup, and hope it gets the attention it deserves, because this truly is an ultimate setup. I have been considering running a different "master" device as a permanently mounted device on my dash, just so I can keep my phone put away (don't want to damage the camera). Speaking of that, would it be possible to use one device as the hotspot, but allow 2 other devices to be master/slave?
  9. 919nick

919nick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My solution for the longer sections is to just drop a waypoint at major intersections/exits. Then you'll get a distance to the next waypoint that might be "L off the boring road".
  10. Cataract2

Cataract2 Where to?

Oddometer:
    Sigh, unfortunately I deleted the track I made and of course now Furkot doesn't export tracks without payment. Gah. If I should run into this again in the future I will hang onto it and e-mail it over to you.
  11. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    Furkot is worth the money if you do any trip planning throughout the year
    draco_1967 likes this.
  12. Mountainman13

Oddometer:
    My controller (the second one they sent, the first is still MIA) arrived today and I'm already enjoying the user friendlyness of it. One question though, what are the instructions on how to flash the controller to the newest firmware? I have the updater app on my computer but the formatting is making it so I can't read the instructions of what buttons to press and hold and when, and I can't resize the window to better display it.
  13. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    @Mountainman13 I downloaded and got the firmware loader running on my laptop. Connected the controller to my lap top and then there is a sequence of bottom pushes to do. Is this what you can't read?
  14. Mountainman13

Oddometer:
    Yep, the window is compressed on the sides and cuts off all the instructions. I ended up being able to get it to update by guessing the sequence but the window needs to be adjustable for different screens.
  15. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    For future reference, when doing Firmware updates:
    Make sure you are connected via USB cable
    connection.png

Then Check that you have the latest firmware version, if not, follow the instructions provided and wait till it has completed the process:
    Update instructions.png
  16. Mountainman13

Oddometer:
    Got to try out the Roadbook navigation part of DMD today. Trip meter was dead on, heading was perfect, controller worked beautifully to allow me to scroll, change mileage when needed, and still see the directions. Love it!
    dazzadm and flamingm0e like this.
  17. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just finished 1925 miles this week.

Used DMD maps and track follow/record for almost 1000 miles of that. Just enough detail in the maps, but some better topo/terrain would be nice.

The app was dead on, worked beautifully.

Tip: until John can get turn by turn nav working, you can turn OsmAnd on in the background, enable the turn by turn (have it follow your GPX track) and switch back to DMD. Easier to read than OsmAnd and you still get turn by turn directions which are pretty decent.

Still have the speedometer widget bug. On one device it opens media player. On another device it doesn't do anything.
  18. KayDubbya

KayDubbya Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Saving recorded tracks has been giving me trouble. When I tried to save the recording it have me a "filename exists" and dumped me back to the map screen with no way to save the new track. User error or bug?
  19. 919nick

919nick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have you tried Kurviger for the turn by turn?
  20. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have pro. I've played with it a little, but I need to sit down and learn the app. It keeps trying to change my GPX track