Drive Mode Dashboard for Android

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by Rudeboy78, Jan 17, 2020.

1. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here's an odd one, that I don't know if you can reproduce.

I reboot. After it boots back up, I shut the screen off. I hit the home button. Screen comes on, with a Choose Android/System widget selector. Hit the back button or pick a widget and it goes away.

I can't reproduce this frequently enough though. I have tried many combos. I have seen it happen 3 times though. I have no idea what is really causing it.
  2. John@ThorkRacing

John@ThorkRacing Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Please note that there are some really bad widgets out there...
    The purpose of allowing system widgets was for use of quality and Size Adaptable widgets, not just anything... not saying the problem is not the app but i cant reproduce that.

Ultimately with the amount of widgets i have planned you probably will not want to use many others.

EDIT... just found one system widget for a music player that screws the Controller... takes focus away from it making the controller do widget related operations, in my case the MIUI Music Player...
    So yeah... using other widgets with DMD2 means you are at those widgets mercy, if they have problems it will mess up the app.
  3. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wasn't even setting a widget. This was after a fresh reboot.
  4. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    So, the weirdest thing happened. After the update on my tablet, I can't use home button or back button at all. My volume buttons work, only in certain apps (Locus it works) but volume in home or other apps is not working at all. I don't see how an update could possibly cause this. I have tried uninstalling DMD2 and rebooting and it hasn't come back. This is super weird.

EDIT: The home button will wake the device, but not work in the OS for anything.

EDIT 2: This is related to the carpe controller update. Uninstalling the controller app gets everything back

EDIT 3: Reinstalled carpe controller app. Back and home buttons work fine until you turn on accessibility
  5. John@ThorkRacing

Oddometer:
    ahhh really? I made this leet code to avoid accidental clicks / double clicks but I guess is causing that.
    Are your buttons on screen or hardware buttons?
  6. John@ThorkRacing

Oddometer:
    @flamingm0e just release an update for CARPE App, once available please update and retry ;)
    Should be good now.
  7. schrod

schrod Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here's an odd one for you, my Tab Active 2 is mounted on the bike in a Ram powered cradle, the power is connected to the tablet via pogo-pins, not the usb connector. In this setup, whenever I turn on the power the "Choose Android/System widget selector" dialog pops up. It doesn't happen if I power it through the USB connector, but happens every time when powered through the pogo-pins.
  8. John@ThorkRacing

Oddometer:
    Can you tell me which system widgets you have currently loaded and at which cells?
    Send me a picture of in Grid Editor Mode.
  9. ayrton80

ayrton80 n00b

Oddometer:
    After installing dmd2, i have problems with adaptive brightness. I followed the instructions in dmd2 to adjust the maximum brightness, but the sensor adjusts the brightness to almost minimum and the screen is dark. I uninstalled dmd2 but the problem remains. Samsung S10e
  10. John@ThorkRacing

Oddometer:
    either with adaptive or manual you can use the brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

on manual mode it use whatever you put on the slider, on the adaptive/auto it will use the value in the slider but also apply the adaptive logic.
    It’s the same on any device.

the instructions on DMD2 is just so that DMD2 can learn the maximum value. No app can change the maximum value or damage anything like that.
  11. ayrton80

ayrton80 n00b

Oddometer:
    i solved by following these instructions (reset adaptive brightness). The problem was created by DMD2; I tell you this as feedback for the development of the app

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/26/18516417/how-to-adjust-android-pie-adaptive-brightness-feature
  12. John@ThorkRacing

Oddometer:
    Good news just found a Samsung tab where I’m able to reproduce the widget request bug.

Should be an easy fix now ;)
    schrod and flamingm0e like this.
  13. Nishijin

Nishijin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow, I don’t look for a few days and all these updates!!

I’m running DMD on a Blackview BV6100 with whatever the standard OS was on arrival. I haven’t yet thought to do any OS updating or changing.

Will update DMD and see if the lag has gone, and report what OS I have on it, and install DMD2.

Thanks for your hard work so far.
  14. Snafu2

Snafu2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is there any plan to enable DMD2 on earlier than version 7 of Android?
  15. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    DMD2 is set to be my default launcher on my Galaxy Tab Active 2, but every time I restart the tablet, it asks me what I want to use as home launcher.
  16. John@ThorkRacing

Oddometer:
    Will make some testing to see how low we can get.

For today update on DMD2:
    - Fixed widget request bug
    - Widget selector will not show widgets already in use
    - Added Reset Trip to Left Menu in the Dashboard

Requests:
    - Second Apps Widget - So we can have a "Up to 6 Shortcuts" and a "Up to 12 Shortcuts".

Got more requests?
    schrod, Snafu2 and flamingm0e like this.
  17. John@ThorkRacing

Oddometer:
    When that request comes up there should be a buttons saying "Always"
  18. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, there is. And I select it. After a reboot, it comes back.

After testing reboots several times, it appears to be random. It has happened about 6 times in the last 2 days.
  19. John@ThorkRacing

Oddometer:
    Usually that only happens when one of your Launchers get updated in the background by Google Play Store.
    Could that explain it?
  20. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure. I only have DMD1 and DMD2, and the default Samsung OneUI (which has not been updated in a very long time). I will keep an eye on it and see if I can figure out the correlation. The first time it happened during my ride this weekend, I thought it was because I didn't set it correctly. It happened several more times over the weekend and I didn't have any service for anything to update, but I had definitely set it as the default with "always", and even verified once in the Settings app/Apps/default apps/home launcher. And it happened again this morning when I turned the tablet on to get some tracks off of it from my weekend ride.