1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Drive Mode Dashboard for Android

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by Rudeboy78, Jan 17, 2020.

1. John@ThorkRacing

John@ThorkRacing Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Actually there is a BIG problem in Portugal, we have specific tax laws, very different then most other EU, that makes it VERY difficult to have an invoice and stock software connected to a website. That means that if you want to have the stock level updated in the website, someone will have to manually keep updating it, so there's both the invoice software (that does stock control), plus the website... two beasts to feed.
    Unfortunately we never cared about the "stock status" in the website because we always had everything in stock or just 1-2 days away. I changed that today, at least for products like the Controllers and tablets, we will now manually edit the product in the website and update stock quantities.
    So now when someone orders they will know it is out of stock. I am going to try to improve that a bit further... code something where i can add an "Expected Shipping Date" for this type of products.
    kubcat and nibby like this.
  2. Didado

Didado Long timer

Oddometer:
    On the first one, yes please. I've tested many nav apps and none of them have a button or a link in the app that links to the map legend. I realize it is not so much the app but the map. Perhaps somehow in the future there could be a new map format that automatically includes a link to the legend particular to that map in the metadata so that nav apps could just link automatically. Just dreaming :-)

In case of your topo map I just want to be able to look up the grading you introduced. It's excellent.

The second one was about transparancy. In Locus I use it all the time. I set the width of the tracks to some fairly high number of pixels and the transparency to about 30%. I can then see the 'road' beneath the track.
  3. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gaia actually does this. I just discovered it a couple of days ago
    Didado likes this.
  4. ptgarcia

ptgarcia Make America Great Again!

Oddometer:
    Does the controller work with Gaia?
  5. John@ThorkRacing

Oddometer:
    Didado and nibby like this.
  6. John@ThorkRacing

Oddometer:
    GAIA is now supported.
    Update for Controller app released to Play Store.
  7. Didado

Didado Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would love to see one of my favorite Locus features called Shift Map Cursor. Instead of the map cursor being centered on the screen while driving it is a 1/4 closer to the bottom of the screen (it only works with map rotation on).

It is a brilliant feature because I don't need to see much on the map behind me. I'd rather see more of the map of what's ahead of me. This would really benefit all devices running in horizontal mode but even in vertical mode (I always run my tablet in vertical to get as much map of what lies ahead)
    my6 and Maugrim like this.
  8. John@ThorkRacing

Oddometer:
    That’s already implemented.
    Map View click follow location for map rotation and if you look closed your location is not centered but moved to the bottom.
    Maugrim, undingen and Didado like this.
  9. Didado

Didado Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear you are way ahead of me!
  10. KayDubbya

KayDubbya Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When I select "Auto-hide bottom menu" how do I recall it? Right now my only option is to close the app and restart it, so the bottom menu briefly shows back up.

In map view the onscreen pointer takes most of the screen. Can this be resized?
  11. John@ThorkRacing

Oddometer:
    Auto-Hide bottom menu is mostly for those who have controllers. If you do not have one you can also SWIPE from the bottom, which will also, in some devices, call the system bottom menu which sucks...

On-Screen pointer?? You mean your location pointer? Can you share a picture?
  12. KayDubbya

Oddometer:
    Screenshot_20210107-071120_DMD2.jpg
    Yes, location pointer.

Swiping up from the bottom doesn't work to pull the menu back up.
  13. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Swiping up from the bottom works for me, as long as it's "to the side" of where the normal "home swipe" is.
    KayDubbya likes this.
  14. KayDubbya

Oddometer:
    Never mind. You're right. If I swipe up at the very far left it does pop up.

My bad. Doh!
  15. ptgarcia

ptgarcia Make America Great Again!

Oddometer:
    Wow you work fast. Thank you!
    undingen and John@ThorkRacing like this.
  16. Didado

Didado Long timer

Oddometer:
    Another Locus feature I really like is the Heading Line which displays a line across the screen from my actual position towards the final destination based on the orientation of the device. Very handy on a motorbike also when stopped. Locus also has a Course Line but which does the same thing but based on movement. I prefer the Heading Line.
  17. PineLaneRider

PineLaneRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Between Michaux and Tuscarora State Forests
    Any plan for a media widget on the Map screen? Maybe user movable?
  18. Didado

Didado Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm going to answer my own question...
    You stupid self! You blubbering idiot... Read the BLEEP Manual, you blind sparkplug that you are! :imaposer:clap:rofl

Happy to get that off my chest :clap

Locus has had a legend overview for a couple of months but it is hidden in the map themes. If you long press themes with a small green badge in the list of themes the legend opens.

Hope you make the map legend in Drive Mode less hard to find.
  19. John@ThorkRacing

Oddometer:
    But there is no "final destination" in DMD2 correct? You cannot navigate yet, so you cannot set a point as the final destination yet. Is my assumption correct?

Map view will allow you to configure the UI with up to 3 widgets.... most of the them will be the same widgets as you have for the Dashboard view.
    Media Player will be a future widget / full view... so yes that will happen :D

TODAY UPDATE:
    - Bug Fixes
    - All maps have updates now... it will download a POI file for a future "Search" feature that will allow you to search for POIs ;)

Update on Requests for future releases:
    MAP VIEW
    - Track width and transparency
    - Track direction arrows
    - Quick access to map legend
  20. my6

my6 Hey, I'm a Long Timer...go figure.

Oddometer:
    I just discovered this thread. VERY VERY COOL! Being a poster child for adult ADD it's a bit overwhelming with all the info/lingo. Is there a manual/pdf that I can download to help me in setup so I don't bore everyone with a thousand stupid questions?