My nephews have started to autocross. Not real big into it, just having some fun. I wanted to join in, so had been watching C-list looking for race cars that fit into my budget. I'm partial to Ford products so mostly I was looking at Focuses (Focii?), 94-98 Mustangs, and Capri's. Always liked Capri's. Years ago I had a 72 Capri with the 2600 and a 4 speed. I ran it for a bit, but mostly kept munching and replacing transmissions. Eventually junked it. Next up was a 91 non-turbo car, 1.6 Mazda, auto trans. I swapped in a 5-spd and commuted with it for almost 100,000 miles. Nice, nimble, light, easily maintained, 2300lbs and 100hp. One evening a 91 Capri showed up on a nearby C-list. 160,000 miles, been sitting, runs but has a bad miss. $250 obo. I made an appointment to go look at it. 3 of us met after work, hooked the tow dolly onto my Nephew's truck and headed south to check it out in the dark. When we got there the seller put a battery in and started it up. It seemed to hit on only 2 cylinders, but didn't make any strange noises, showed oil pressure, and there wasn't any blue smoke cloud. I offered $200, he accepted, and we loaded it up. It has a hard-top, so I figured there's no way I can go wrong for the price. We made it home without issue. Next day I ordered an 80amp Maxi-fuse for it, to replace the jumper wire that was being used. Got the fuse installed and drove it down to my barn. Next order of business was to check compression. Showed 145-155 on all 4 holes, so I metered the plug wires and didn't see any problem there. Pulled the distributer cap and checked those contacts, again all looked fine. The plugs looked like the car had been running really rich before, so I pulled the air filter. It was so plugged up I'm surprised it ran at all! I didn't have a replacement filter, so I knocked the filter media out for testing and cleaned the inside of the airbox. I screwed 4 new plugs in and fired it up. Still only hitting on 2-3 holes! Decide to pull the pump out of the tank. Easy job on these, lift the rear seat and there's an access hole to the tank. Here's the top of the pump with the panel lifted. Something was storing nut shells here. I got that mess cleaned up and the pump pulled. One look down into the tank confirmed my fears. Nasty rust and gelled fuel. I tried to siphon the old gas, but my siphon kept clogging! Here's what I got out in a clean bucket. I decided to pull the tank. Jacked up the rear and started spraying everything with PB. Tank came out without any bolts or brackets breaking.