DRZ pricing - WTF?

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Mattbastard, Mar 10, 2021.

1. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice low speed wheelie on DRZ400.
    twinrider, SilentRay and heirhead like this.
  2. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Look What You've Done

Oddometer:
    Your crystal ball is dirty.
  3. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    What are you seeing in your area in these days as far as the supply chain?

Many used motos are coming for sale now because of a Colorado seasonal winter thing that happens here every year, but dealers are still way light on their showrooms. They all say they need more new bikes and expect to be light till next spring.

Car dealerships are way light on inventory...still.

Bicycle shops are looking somewhat better but once again the rapidly approaching winter always puts the brakes on sales. I've been told many of the higher spec MTB are still tight with supply but low spec bikes are easily available.

Article after article says how shipping container rates are thru the roof and the Delta variation is screwing up widget production again in Asia.

Things are still off from what I see over here.
  4. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    ...Hopefully Suzuki finally kills the DR & DRZ this year and 2021 is the final year with a new modern replacement that combines both.

They are way past due and there will be plenty around for decades of those who still love their carbs and old tech.

The market desperately needs a modern lower maintaince 400-450 class Japanese dual sport since the 450L did not meet that benchmark. The new 300 are a step forward but many of us want/need bigger motors.
    MUDHWY and OCLandspeeder like this.
  5. MUDHWY

Oddometer:
    I highlighted the text i was referring to. I wish you had been right about the virus but alas.

"By next spring this will be mostly over as Covid will be done this fall and people fall back into old patterns."
  6. MUDHWY

Oddometer:
    450L high maintenance?
  7. mentolio

mentolio King of the island of unwanted toys...

Oddometer:
    On paper…suggested maintenance for valve clearance is a check every 1800-ish miles. You might need to actually adjust the valves once or twice in 10,000 miles as long as the bike is not being raced. Hi-toned? Sure, a little-but it’s a Honda….
    MUDHWY likes this.