1. Hey everyone, We’re going to start a weekly email to surface interesting threads in the forums. No worries, you can easily unsubscribe if you don’t find it interesting. If you’re like me, it’s nice to have someone willing to poke around a big community like ours and find the most interesting stuff. Saves time and I hate missing something great. It worked really well when we had someone discovering the best photos for the home page rotation back in the day. And if you have something fascinating to post, maybe this email does everyone some good by getting it noticed. Let us know what you think when you get it. Your feedback will make it better as we go (thread). Thanks! Baldy & rudy1220
    Dismiss Notice

DRZ400 Who's got one? Let's see it.

Discussion in 'Australia' started by johmarq, Oct 19, 2011.

1. schmik

schmik Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got some parts in the post today and started getting this drz tidied up.

Firsts was the replacement of the pegs, one of them was bent.
    I installed some IMS pegs, nice and wide.
    IMG_1186.JPG IMG_1187.JPG

Then I replaced the broken caliper guide on the rear brake.
    IMG_1188.JPG

Then i took off the tail light and assembly.
    IMG_1189.JPG
  2. schmik

schmik Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Then replaced it with a B&B tail tidy.
    IMG_1190.JPG

It still needs to be wired up. And i need to decide if i put on the stock indicators. These came with it. Or some small ones i have in the shed.
    I ride to the trails so I do like to be as visible as possible on the road. I'll probably use the stock ones until I break them.

Then I stripped down the front to tidy up the wiring and remove the remnants of heated grips.
    IMG_1191.JPG
    While up there I put the stock indicators on the front. Bulky... but visible.

That is enough for one day. Unfortunately it will be a few days till i get back to the bumble bee.

Pile of parts to go... and more to arrive.
    IMG_1192.JPG
  3. ECKS-Man

ECKS-Man Long timer

Oddometer:
    That looks like a reasonable old bus. Just a quick question: Why DOT tyres? I assume from your number plates that you're in NSW. No need for DOT tyres, as long as tread depth meets the minimums.

I assume you're getting two or three air filters. I find that's the easiest way to do things and keep the clean unused ones in ziplock bags, pre-oiled.

I miss having a bike! Long-term goal for me at the moment.
  4. schmik

schmik Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What?

I can get rego with tyres that say “not for highway use”!???

Really?
  5. ECKS-Man

ECKS-Man Long timer

Oddometer:
    It may depend on your mechanic, but technically the tread depth is the only indicator they should check. DOT is the US Department of Transport, so has no relevance here. I have never had a problem, as long as tread depth is ok.
  6. Blossem12

Blossem12 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where and how much for the caliper guard
    Cheers
  7. schmik

schmik Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    $30 usd. From rockymountainatvmc.com
  8. schmik

schmik Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    5BFF5D5B-F0AC-4F8C-9C00-782008E6F970.jpeg Got around to making the taillight work today. Of course the b&b wiring was different colors to the wiring in the loom. A bit of trial and error and I got there. Had to cleanup the connections at the brake lever end too. Now it works as it should.

The chain gaurd was a 2min job. 1:30 off that was getting the rusty old bolts out of the holes first.
    7943FC36-AFC8-45C7-B037-8BE38F7DB414.jpeg

She got some lovely color matching new hand grips too. Under there is a brand new throttle tube. While I was up there I disassembled and cleaned up the brake and clutch levers and perches. Cleaned the clutch cable too. So smooth now!

FF4425F7-0231-46DD-9C25-59B7A7758337.jpeg

1E8F1495-215A-4F0C-A915-80109A26CFF3.jpeg
  9. Blossem12

Blossem12 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cheers thanks