1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Want to buy DRZ400S/SM or DR650

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by steeviejeebies, May 4, 2021.

1. steeviejeebies

steeviejeebies n00b

Oddometer:
    Just sold the beloved Wee Strom after realizing I want an actual dual-sport... so please sell me your DRZ400S/SM or DR650. I'd love to love one.

I'm in Syracuse, NY and budget is under $4k. I have a trailer and will travel within 500 miles or so.

I'm good with an all/mostly stock bike as I'd like to do mods myself anyway. It would also be cool if it was less than 10 years old and hasn't been completely thrashed.

This will be my everything bike (commute, travel, adventure) so I'd love one that comes with hard boxes, racks, and a bigger tank. Adventure add-ons are a big plus! I'd really rather not have an aftermarket muffler unless it's quieter than the stock pipe...

I don't know if any of that helps, but thanks!
  2. OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise WOLVERINES!!!!

Oddometer:
    i am going to be selling my 2014 dr650 here soon to get a tenere. it has just over 10k miles on it. i am in ortonville MI. dont know if you are willing to drive out that far. i have done the NSU repair and handle bars and such. i plan on listing it for 5k
    steeviejeebies likes this.
  3. mda185

mda185 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you are willing to spend more, I have a 2007 DR650 that is in excellent condition with low miles. I have upgraded this with Cogent suspension front and rear and this made a huge difference in ride quality and off road capability. The front end has new seals and teflon sliders, Cogent springs and DDC valves. I serviced it just before winter storage. It has the Cogent Mojave rear shock. I installed a Suzuki GSXR muffler which flows much better than stock but is still quiet. Other extras include Pro Cycle carb kit, Seat Concepts seat, luggage racks, Acerbis gas tank (not installed), extra wheels (one set with knobbies and one with Conti dual sport tires), Acerbis plastic bash plate, hand guards, Pro Taper handlebar, LED headlight and auxuliary lights, AEM dashboard, Warp 9 brake and clutch levers, neutral indicator switch fix, countershaft oil seal retainer fix and probably some other things I am not remembering right now. I bought this 4 years ago with 4000 miles on it and it currently has about 10,000 miles. It has been ridden off road and has some minor scratches and a small dent in the stock metal gas tank. I know you wanted to spend less and mod it yourself but I have already upgraded everything with high quality aftermarket parts that you could not replicate without spending >>$2000 on a stock bike. I will sell for $5000 and that is a firm price. I am located in central NJ about 4 hours from Syracuse. If you are interested, I'll get you some pictures. If not interested, good luck with your search. These are great all around bikes. I'm only selling mine because I want to buy a Yamaha T7 Tenere.
  4. mda185

mda185 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    BTW, I have also owned a DRZ400E. If you want an everything bike, forget the DRZ. The DR is what you want.
  5. blakec64

blakec64 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a runner DRZ 400 in duluth, MN $2000, runs good, light, turn, brake, title in AZ, no horn