DS Bike Protection - Warning

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by WickedW, Jun 24, 2019.

1. WickedW

WickedW n00b

Oddometer:
    Bought a Raid toolbox from this company (based in Spain). Waited for three weeks only to find yhey sent the wrong one. They became very confrontational when I asked to return it. Eventually, after prompting by PayPal Resolution, they agreed I could return it. Sent it recorded delivery and then followed up with several emails. All went unanswered. Eventually, PayPal Resolution paid my refund, so it seems this company has got away with taking my money and the returned toolbox.

Here's the warning folks - don't deal with this bunch of cowboys unless you have some sort of payment protection in place. Caveat emptor and all that.......
  2. Panther6834

Panther6834 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Actually, they're not "getting away" with anything. Yes, the have posession of the returned item...but, not your money. PayPal refunded you from their side, thus you have your money back. As for PayPal, they will perform a reverse EFT, in effect 'taking' the money back from the merchant.

More importantly, this will count as a 'mark' against that merchant...once they've got a certain number of 'marks' against them, PayPal will no longer allow payments to them to be made through PayPal. If they've done this before, and there were already 'marks' against them, you could be the customer that prevents them from future PayPal transactions. The merchant, sooner or later, will screw themselves out of getting to accept payments through PayPal.
    gastone, Tall Man and OzRider64 like this.
  3. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    did OP really join the Forum today just to warn the rest of us ?
    Gondul likes this.
  4. Maverick2076

Maverick2076 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’ve bought from DSBP in the past with zero issues. Good products, good prices and decently fast shipping to the US.
  5. markk53

markk53 jack of all trades...

Oddometer:
    That is why I like PayPal, both selling and buying. Plus no credit card numbers. Key thing though - never do a sales transaction as a "gift" for the payment, you just gave the money away if the seller wanted to be a rotten SOB. Always make the payment for merchandise. I tell buyers to do that for me as well, never know what could happen.

I've never had a resolution go against me because I deal with the problem, no fuss. I did get a weird one from ebay though. Customer claimed they never got the product, filed a complaint. I checked with the post office and it showed delivered to the mail box at the address. I replied that we'd work with it giving a bit more time for delivery. The buyer refused, and I refused the fund pay back because the buyer never tried to be decent about things. Crazy part was the settlement. Ebay gave the buyer the refund from my account - then paid the money back to me. In other words they played both sides and even told me not to tell the buyer.

If you ever do file a complaint through PayPal and the seller resolves it for you be sure to go back and let PayPal know. The money is tied up until resolved - it needs to be cleared up with PayPal if you and the seller work it out.
  6. jussaral

jussaral Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had my issues with them also. Missing parts, mailed to have the missing parts, he promised to send them. They never arrived and the guy was quite rude . I'll never buy again from them. Problems may arise but I really didn't like how the guy communicate.
  7. Madman4049

Madman4049 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bought a toolbox from them with no issues whatsoever.
  8. Blissed

Blissed Been here awhile

Oddometer: