DT400 carb choices

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by klp, Aug 27, 2013.

1. klp

klp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good to hear - I've got a 34mm VM on the way!
  2. Twin-shocker

Twin-shocker Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Anals really are bad...........there are pattern ones being made in India now, which are far cheaper than the UK ones, and probably not much worse quality!
  3. Twin-shocker

Twin-shocker Long timer

Oddometer:

Here in the UK we have a "P65" class for both trials and MX, unfortunately Anal Concentric (1967) is allowed, while the VM Mikuni (1964?) is a no no!

In this case the Anal is neither an OEM type carb, but more importantly its very poorly made, costly, and doesnt work very well.
  4. stainlesscycle

stainlesscycle Long timer

Oddometer:
    what is the reasoning behind this rule if the amal is not oem? just to make life difficult?
  5. dhallilama

dhallilama Long timer

Oddometer:
    oh man... i had a jikov on a Jawa. i don't remember the carb ever having a problem; everything else on the bike would break so often the carb never got a chance.
  6. Twin-shocker

Twin-shocker Long timer

Oddometer:

Not got a clue............on the other hand brand new modern frames, billet alloy hubs and fork parts, as well as post 65 motors are all allowed!

A top level P65 trials or MX bike here in the UK is likely to cost around £10k, which seems to me to be madness, and means that anyone with more authentic bikes may as well stay home.
  7. klp

klp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What's the best resource for jets - Sudco, Jets r us? Any others I'm missing?

My dealer is retarded and can only source packs of five, thought they got me the carb cheap.

I'm leaning towards Sudco as I have a thing for business names that use improper english. Their website leaves a little to be desired though.